TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

good wife 11 18 12

i like when they do the 'wrong' thing but thats what the show is about...of course now they have to worry about everyone on the bench coming after them but that will no doubt wind up being a sub plot of some kind

i guess the daughter will wind up stoned or preg or something to derail the campaign

i dont know why the son had to sneak around the campaign...did mom explicitly say he cant work...definitely no interviews, i remember that part

i take it the beatdown in the lot was because kerry cut short the hustle guys meeting and he dresses too well? or was it because alicia called and kerry answerd and he thinks she's cheating on him with kerry? i didnt really get that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
njtaz

Yeah they made it sound like Nick the very jealous type, when he asked Kalinda who was on the phone she said it was work, he asked if it was Cary and she said it wasn't. Then of course Cary picks up the phone because they share an office.

The question now is will Cary figure out it was Nick? And what will he do about it?
njtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtaz View Post
Yeah they made it sound like Nick the very jealous type, when he asked Kalinda who was on the phone she said it was work, he asked if it was Cary and she said it wasn't. Then of course Cary picks up the phone because they share an office.

The question now is will Cary figure out it was Nick? And what will he do about it?
If Cary was conscious long enough, he might have heard his assailant refer to Calvin Klein while he was taking that pounding. That would be a big clue.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
If Cary was conscious long enough, he might have heard his assailant refer to Calvin Klein while he was taking that pounding. That would be a big clue.
Yep, I'm guessing that's how he will figure it out. I think Nick is just the REAL jealous type. He definitely has a master/slave kind of relationship with Kalinda, at least in his mind, and Kalinda, can't seem to resist. So anyone who looks at Kalinda is fair game in Nick's mind. Didn't he already have a run in with Kalinda's lesbian lover for much the same reason?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

he did stalk the lesbian lover yes...in the bar and 'virtually' threatened her to kalinda

i didnt miss the trustee not being in this ep at all either!

!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i didnt miss the trustee not being in this ep at all either!
Say it ain't so! I think Nathan Lane's character is great. In fact, I'd love it if after they get out from under his control he joined the firm as a financial investigator for the family law dept.

/
/
/

Last edited by TheMerk : 11-20-2012 at 02:43 PM.
TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
newsposter
Poster of News

who's office would he share? or by that time they get back the 27th floor i guess

!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
Yup, the thug would not have mentioned Calvin Klein if it wasn't important.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
Family

Either I misunderstood or had to laugh... so they were $60 million in debt minus a few wins and this one case gets them out from being under?
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
Either I misunderstood or had to laugh... so they were $60 million in debt minus a few wins and this one case gets them out from being under?
I think it's been cumulative and this one case would take them out of debt - not on its own - just on top of whatever else they have been doing.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

ISTR winning this case would bring them in serious business.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
hummingbird_206

I hate the storyline with Kalinda's husband. I hope he's gone soon.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I hate the storyline with Kalinda's husband. I hope he's gone soon.
For me it's past the point of merely wanting him gone...I'll only be satisfied when he suffers a gruesome death.

And count me as another who REALLY hates the direction they've taken with Kalinda and this season in general. Saw the following on Twitter that is oh so true: "The Good Wife is 90% less interesting with 90% less Kalinda."
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #14
Flop

Kalinda's husband would make a great character if he wasn't Kalinda's husband.
Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I think it's been cumulative and this one case would take them out of debt - not on its own - just on top of whatever else they have been doing.
If they're one case away (and this one doesn't appear to be all that huge); what was the big deal about needing to sell the firm etc.? It's a ridiculous premise even for TV. They were $60 million in debt. On top now the firm is operating on a small staff.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
JolDC

Quote:
If they're one case away (and this one doesn't appear to be all that huge); what was the big deal about needing to sell the firm etc.? It's a ridiculous premise even for TV. They were $60 million in debt. On top now the firm is operating on a small staff.
The wife is on trial for planning the murder of her husband to avoid a prenup. If she is acquitted she gains control of his business empire which then would retain Lockhart/Gardner as counsel. Would have to be a huge company to bill that much to save the firm but it is tv math.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #17
newsposter
Poster of News

i admit i have the guy typecast from his days on hustle but i really do hope the hubby is gone soon

sooo what happened with the black guy hauled away in front of his kid? they better follow up becuause he is also a big client

!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolDC View Post
The wife is on trial for planning the murder of her husband to avoid a prenup. If she is acquitted she gains control of his business empire which then would retain Lockhart/Gardner as counsel. Would have to be a huge company to bill that much to save the firm but it is tv math.
Over time I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this case could bring in huge revenues from the corporate side, but are you saying they go on $30/40/50 million retainer if they win this case? I think that's ridiculous. And they still need lawyers to actually do the work once they have that retainer. It's not just grab the money and pay off everything.

I know. So what? But when I see someone drop 20 opponents in one sword fight many on the thread for that show mention how absurd it is. My instincts are this is equally so.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
JolDC

Quote:
Over time I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this case could bring in huge revenues from the corporate side, but are you saying they go on $30/40/50 million retainer if they win this case? I think that's ridiculous. And they still need lawyers to actually do the work once they have that retainer. It's not just grab the money and pay off everything.

I know. So what? But when I see someone drop 20 opponents in one sword fight many on the thread for that show mention how absurd it is. My instincts are this is equally so.
I am not saying it, they literally said it in the episode. But I also remember last week they said one case would bring in $12m, so maybe a couple more landed and this one will push them out of the total $60m hole.