TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #31
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
When Brodie finds out the VP paid off the victim of a homicide, he can add that to the VP ordering drone strikes on innocents and then lying about it to further fuel his anti-american leanings.
They didn't have to take the money. In fact the daughter seemed very happy with the compensation. She didn't want to screw up a good thing to paraphrase her own words. He might as well kill them too for participating in the cover-up.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #32
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
They didn't have to take the money. In fact the daughter seemed very happy with the compensation. She didn't want to screw up a good thing to paraphrase her own words. He might as well kill them too for participating in the cover-up.
I don't think she was happy; I think she was sad, angry and overwhelmed.
Her mother was murdered and she was left with small children to take care of on her own. I guarantee she would rather have her mother alive than the money.
She did not participate in a cover-up, she was victimized because she was vulnerable. Saying Brodie should kill her too because she took the money is asinine.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #33
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Count me as another who enjoyed this episode. I liked where they went with the hit-and-run plot, and I liked that they were smart enough to use a helicopter to transport Brody so the CIA couldn't follow.

The best is how screwed up Carrie will be after all the stuff she and Brody talked about, only to have Brody go to Roya and say that he was only doing all that stuff because Roya wanted him to.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #34
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Count me as another who enjoyed this episode. I liked where they went with the hit-and-run plot, and I liked that they were smart enough to use a helicopter to transport Brody so the CIA couldn't follow.

The best is how screwed up Carrie will be after all the stuff she and Brody talked about, only to have Brody go to Roya and say that he was only doing all that stuff because Roya wanted him to.
I really liked this episode also. When Brody was having a meltdown, I felt his anxiety and panic. When he was riding with Roya to who knows where and she got rid of his phone, cutting him off from his protection I felt the anxiety. When he told Roya he only f'ed carrie to use her, I cringed for Carrie. The whole part where they were stopped on the side of the road was very suspenseful.

There are sometimes minor things in the show that seem unrealistic or unreasonable, but overall, it is the best thing on right now by far.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #35
rahnbo

Quote:
I don't think she was happy; I think she was sad, angry and overwhelmed.
Her mother was murdered and she was left with small children to take care of on her own. I guarantee she would rather have her mother alive than the money.
She did not participate in a cover-up, she was victimized because she was vulnerable. Saying Brodie should kill her too because she took the money is asinine.
Thanks for the personal insult. I'm not saying I agree with it. The girl did take blood money from the person he wants dead and she called it "a good thing." So within the framework of the show its OK to kill people related to the drone attack, plot a terrorist attack on US soil, steal CIA secrets, cover up an accidental murder. . .
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #36
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
Thanks for the personal insult. I'm not saying I agree with it. The girl did take blood money from the person he wants dead and she called it "a good thing." So within the framework of the show its OK to kill people related to the drone attack, plot a terrorist attack on US soil, steal CIA secrets, cover up an accidental murder. . .

What personal attack?
I can't comprehend what you are saying. Maybe you are making sense to others here and I'm too dense to understand why you say the girl is guilty of something. Her choices once her mother was murdered were to accept money so she and her siblings could survive or out the VP and suffer grave consequences for doing so. You can't try to derail a presidential campaign and not have very powerful people destroy you in any manner of ways. She was surely paid money to be quiet and threatened if she talked. She is a victim because she was under great duress to take the money.
I disagree with you that the girl thinks taking the money was a good thing. It was the best option for her because if she talks she will be excoriated and she will lose the money.

When or how has the show said it is "OK to kill people related to the drone attack, plot a terrorist attack on US soil, steal CIA secrets, cover up an accidental murder. . "
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Her choices once her mother was murdered were to accept money so she and her siblings could survive or out the VP and suffer grave consequences for doing so.
You keep using that word murdered. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
TAsunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
rahnbo

Quote:
When or how has the show said it is "OK to kill people related to the drone attack, plot a terrorist attack on US soil, steal CIA secrets, cover up an accidental murder. . "
Isn't that what the whole show is about?? Brody's sense of justice for the drone attacks and his actions against the US? Is Brody not more or less the hero of series? I don't agree with anything he's done at all, it is just entertainment after all.

@TAsunder: yeah I think murder is perhaps best replaced by manslaughter which is the default charge for leaving the scene of an accident (at least it is in my state) where someone dies or at least that's what they'll charge you with but due to plea bargains and such that usually gets reduced.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #39
Jon J
Curmudgeon

At least there is one thing about which we can be certain...Carrie's a screamer.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #40
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
At least there is one thing about which we can be certain...Carrie's a screamer.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Maybe... or maybe she's a good faker!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
You keep using that word murdered. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
As far as the daughter is concerned, her mother was murdered. I believe those were her exact words.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
As far as the daughter is concerned, her mother was murdered. I believe those were her exact words.
Doesn't mean it is the correct usage.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #44
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Doesn't mean it is the correct usage.
her mother was vehicular homicided
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #45
busyba
The Funcooker

Or, you know, "killed" works too.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #46
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
And Brody has some endurance.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote