TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
babydoc214

Homeland S2E8 " I'll Fly Away" 11/18/12

I'm surprised, no thread about this episode yet!

Wow...for a minute I thought I was watching late night Cinemax. If that performance by Claire Danes doesn't merit an Emmy I don't know what will

All in all a decent episode. Saul's expressions during the tap into the sex scene were priceless.

Wonder if Brody is going to be yet again turned this time by Abu Nazir, into what a triple or quadruple agent now? I'm losing track.
babydoc214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Hank
AC•FTW

It's possible. I think the long trip out into nowhere was to make sure they weren't being tracked or followed, not that they think he's flipped sides. But it was to make us (the audience) think that they (Al Queda) think he has turned back. My guess is that Abu Nazi will attempt to talk Brody back down and back to their side again (or fill him in on more details of the attack). It's up to Brody to be convincing enough that he's still on their side.

But I could be entirely wrong. That's just how I think it will play out.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
rahnbo

Did anyone else hear the Airwolf theme song going through their head when that chopper came in? OK just me. I was bored and think I enjoyed the SNL skit of Homeland last week better than the last two episodes of the actual show.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
mooseAndSquirrel

I agree that the last two episodes have been rather plodding.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

But I could be entirely wrong. That's just how I think it will play out.
Do we know he's not? I know he's conflicted and, seemingly, is ok working for "us". However, it could be that he just made a deal.

He has seemed to be stressed and very conflicted and 'ready to give', but I'm still not convinced he's on "our" side or a "good" guy.

I agree, too, that the last two episodes have a been plodding a bit. However, they do need to develop the twists, turns and "new" storylines, so I'm hoping that this is all part of keep the show as tremendous as it's been!
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
brebeans

Quote:
It's up to Brody to be convincing enough that he's still on their side.
Above post was a response to THIS quote, not the other.

sorry.
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Hank
AC•FTW

I think he is on our side, because the only way to ensure his freedom is to help stop the attack. If he ends up giving false or misleading data that doesn't led to stopping the attack, I think the deal is off and he'd still be tried for treason.

I think he's seen AN's true colors as a real terrorist with the Gettysburg masacre and the seemingly fake trip to save (i.e. kill) the tailor. They're also keeping him in the total dark (pun intended) about the plot, and he does not like know what he is or isn't a part of. So yeah, I think he's turned back.

It's also entirely possible that he confesses to AN that he's working for the CIA now, but as a double/triple/super double secret/whatever agent. I don't think he's supplied any real info to the agency yet, has he? IOW, he's infiltrating the CIA to help AN,but it's still unknown (to us) who he *really* is working for. But I think he's past the logical phase, and is really cracking.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
I think he is on our side, because the only way to ensure his freedom is to help stop the attack. If he ends up giving false or misleading data that doesn't led to stopping the attack, I think the deal is off and he'd still be tried for treason.

I think he's seen AN's true colors as a real terrorist with the Gettysburg masacre and the seemingly fake trip to save (i.e. kill) the tailor. They're also keeping him in the total dark (pun intended) about the plot, and he does not like know what he is or isn't a part of. So yeah, I think he's turned back.

It's also entirely possible that he confesses to AN that he's working for the CIA now, but as a double/triple/super double secret/whatever agent. I don't think he's supplied any real info to the agency yet, has he? IOW, he's infiltrating the CIA to help AN,but it's still unknown (to us) who he *really* is working for. But I think he's past the logical phase, and is really cracking.
Also, Carrie put into his head that he could undo everything with the capture of Nazir. She gave him hope for some future. That was the best part of this episode. I liked Brody's face and his question, "even what I did to you?" And if his hot wife tosses him out, he has a hot CIA agent who seems to f like an animal.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
I don't think he's supplied any real info to the agency yet, has he? IOW, he's infiltrating the CIA to help AN,but it's still unknown (to us) who he *really* is working for. But I think he's past the logical phase, and is really cracking.
He gave up the reporter and I believe he told them that the tailor was dead. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned his theft of the magic encryption keys on paper.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
He gave up the reporter and I believe he told them that the tailor was dead. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned his theft of the magic encryption keys on paper.
Or the fact that he saved Nazir's life.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
DeDondeEs

I hope we are done with the whole hit and run sub-plot now. Boy, Brody is going to have an interesting conversation when he gets home.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
dwells

You guys are a tough crowd- I thought this was another great episode- shocked that some didn't like it
dwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Cheese und crackers! Nazzir is inside the US - wearing his no turban disguise! Great job TSA!

Stay tuned as we see if Nazzir can lure Brody back to the fold while Carrie watches and knows all.

Or they know that Brody is working with the CIA so they tell him the plot is the exact opposite of what it really is.

How amazing izzit that a national war here member of congress can go all over da place and nobody recognizes him? This when he was recognized in the Gettysburg diner the first time he visited.

Don' cha think that by the 16th time that Carrie refused a direct order not to get close or get out of the van or say anything they would stop letting her leave mission control?

So she brought Brody to the safe house (motel) and was surprised that they were listening in?

Now Jesse knows that Brody is seeing Blondie.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
stellie93

Quote:
I wondered about that. When she was first questioning him I was waiting for him to tell her that. Doesn't that list contain the probable target for their attack? I wasn't sure what it really was. Did he just leave it out because it was a crime on his part and he figured he'd never be free if he confessed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

Don' cha think that by the 16th time that Carrie refused a direct order not to get close or get out of the van or say anything they would stop letting her leave mission control?
Definitely this.

When AN came walking out of the dark, did anyone else think it might be Saul? Not possible unless the time sequence was way off, but I still wouldn't be shocked to have him be a double agent. I've seen 24--there has to be a mole.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
When AN came walking out of the dark, did anyone else think it might be Saul? Not possible unless the time sequence was way off, but I still wouldn't be shocked to have him be a double agent. I've seen 24--there has to be a mole.
Yes, but Estes instead. At one point, my g/f thought Estes was a double agent.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Or the fact that he saved Nazir's life.
He still denies ever wearing an explosive vest (bomber jacket).

Quote:
Cheese und crackers! Nazzir is inside the US - wearing his no turban disguise! Great job TSA!
LOL! Or the "reverse-Superman" (ie, remove glasses for disguise).

Quote:
Or they know that Brody is working with the CIA so they tell him the plot is the exact opposite of what it really is.
Instead of blowing up a building, they plan to construct a building ... shades of the "Ground Zero Mosque".

I have loved each and every episode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
markp99
TakoKichi

So, what's the story with Dana's shoes? Is that a thing now?

I don't get it.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I wondered about that. When she was first questioning him I was waiting for him to tell her that. Doesn't that list contain the probable target for their attack? I wasn't sure what it really was.
If the CIA hasn't already figured out something fishy happened -- while Estes left Brody alone in his office while Roya distracted Estes -- and questioned Brody about it, then the CIA is run by imbeciles. I guess we can only assume that Brody did explain details like that to someone off-screen.

Anyway, knowing that the terrorists had a copy of the file on DHS probable terrorist targets is not helpful. The list already contained probable terrorist targets. So, now they know that the terrorists are likely targeting probable terrorist targets!

Last edited by john4200 : 11-20-2012 at 03:10 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Anyway, knowing that the terrorists had a copy of the file on DHS probable terrorist targets is not helpful. The list already contained probable terrorist targets. So, now they know that the terrorists are likely targeting probable terrorist targets!
This was discussed when the list was stolen. I assumed the same thing. The theory was that the list has assessments of security at potential target sites and also would help them learn which targets they might not know about.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
john4200

Quote:
This was discussed when the list was stolen. I assumed the same thing. The theory was that the list has assessments of security at potential target sites and also would help them learn which targets they might not know about.
I think that was my theory you are talking about from that discussion, isn't it?

My point in my previous post was NOT that getting the list did not help the terrorists (I expect it did help them). My point was that the CIA knowing that the terrorists have the list is not helpful in determining what target the terrorists will strike.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
AlphaDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
So, what's the story with Dana's shoes? Is that a thing now?

I don't get it.
I know, I cringe every time I see those. Looks like they came right out of a dumpster. And she's worn them all season too.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
billypritchard
Embiggener

Along that line of thinking, wouldn't the CIA have gone over Brody's cell phone records? I know that finding stuff could be a needle in a haystack, but maybe just maybe they could look around the time that Nazir was about to be killed. Oh, Brody made a call then? To what number?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Along that line of thinking, wouldn't the CIA have gone over Brody's cell phone records? I know that finding stuff could be a needle in a haystack, but maybe just maybe they could look around the time that Nazir was about to be killed. Oh, Brody made a call then? To what number?
It was a text.

In code.

"May 1."

Nobody could ever crack that.

The question is if Brody had Nazzir's direct mobile number why did they need all of these sometimes -soon-to-be-dead intermediaries?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
The question is if Brody had Nazzir's direct mobile number why did they need all of these sometimes -soon-to-be-dead intermediaries?
... aka "redshirts".

Wouldn't Brody have a separate cell phone for Nazir?
The CIA needs GPS tracking on Brody's clothing and vehicles as well as mobile phones. And probably a chip embedded behind his ear, concealed by his hair.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
squint

There aren't GPS systems that small.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
It was a text.

In code.

"May 1."

Nobody could ever crack that.

Didn't we hash this out in the other thread. As I recall the text didn't go directly to Nazir, but to someone else in the party to showed it to him.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay View Post
Didn't we hash this out in the other thread. As I recall the text didn't go directly to Nazir, but to someone else in the party to showed it to him.
It was the guy in his entourage who carries his cell phone.

So many hanger-ons, you need to give them something to do.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #28
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
It was the guy in his entourage who carries his cell phone.
I agree, it was Nazir's phone, but one of his red-shirts had it.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #29
robojerk

Saw this on Facebook. Dana Brody on Homeland is the worst

I think the character is okay, just the car crash plot is horrible.. Writers seem to have gotten lazy and pulled the Season 2 Landry play from the FNL playbook.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #30
tiams

I don't think the hit and run plot is terrible. Having to deal with the consequences of the hit and run is what pushed Brodie to a breaking point because he couldn't report it without blowing his deal. The hit and run is what made Carrie have to stop him in front of the police station in front of Dana which led to Dana finding out about the pay-off and telling Jessica that Carrie was still around. When Brodie finds out the VP paid off the victim of a homicide, he can add that to the VP ordering drone strikes on innocents and then lying about it to further fuel his anti-american leanings.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote