TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
serick

Directv RCA80 issue

I have a directv RCA40, as well as an RCA80. The RCA80 was a used purchase from Ebay and came from Denver Co. The hard drive had not been wiped and still had channel info and recorded programs on it. I bought a new access card and tried to activate the drive. Everything seemed to be working ok, but the drive was not able to "get all of the channel information". The CSR gave up on helping me at that point...saying the dvr was "too old" and I needed to upgrade.

The hard drive on my dvr40 will probably need a new hard drive soon. I want to know if its possible to do something with the drv80 hard drive to have it work in the dvr 40 or even to be able to get channel info downloaded properly on the dvr80 so I could use that box.

I have suspected that it still has all the settings for the Denver area and is looking for those channels possibly?

What could I try re-setting or even doing the "clear and Delete" so I could start over with a clean drive? Would I lose any info that I needed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
serick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think the only difference between the DVR40 and DVR80 is the size of the hard drive, but you would have to do a Clear and Delete to record and watch shows. You would lose all recordings and settings.

As shown in another thread here, older DirecTV TiVos are having issues with rebooting and acquiring channel information.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
serick

So if I did a clear and delete, that would erase all the old settings. Would I lose anything essential like the directv necessary format/software. I just want to be able to put the thing in my other box and go thru set up again and have it be able to download all the necessary stuff.
serick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Clear and Delete won't remove the software. But don't bother doing this until you put it in the other box as you'll just have to do it again. Then go through the normal setup.