TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #61
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptnut View Post
I thought the whole reason Michonne had "pets" was the mask the scent. If thats true, she should know that zombie guts would mask her scent too. Am I missing something?
Why nitpick over this? She was injured and fighting to stay conscious. She could have forgotten or not been thinking about that she had zombie guts all over her at that moment, and was therefore surprised that the walkers didn't immediately sniff her out.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #62
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And again, with her pet zombies she never needed to experiment with smearing herself in zombie intestines. Maybe she just never had reason to find out that zombies didn't have to be "live" to mask living human scent from other zombies.

She was clearly surprised, so for whatever reason, she didn't know.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #63
dirk1843
I'm your huckleberry

Spoiler:
I was pretty sure she has had a walker with her since everything started until she killed the two before they were picked up at the helicopter crash site.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #64
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Why would they waste time letting the audience know about the blood "scent" again? We already know this so I don't see the benefit of having Michonne find out this way. What is the big deal about her learning this? I think she is immune.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #65
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Why would they waste time letting the audience know about the blood "scent" again? We already know this so I don't see the benefit of having Michonne find out this way. What is the big deal about her learning this? I think she is immune.
If she is immune, why was the zombie whose guts she spilled trying to attack her?
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #66
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
What way was she supposed to find out? From the zombie survival guide at the local library?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #67
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
What way was she supposed to find out? From the zombie survival guide at the local library?
Wikipedia.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #68
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
After the group of walkers passed by her, she clearly looked down at her clothes and all of the blood & guts on them. It was obviously an "ah huh!" moment for her. Her learning this allows her to travel freely again just like she could when she had the two walkers on the chains.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #69
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
After the group of walkers passed by her, she clearly looked down at her clothes and all of the blood & guts on them. It was obviously an "ah huh!" moment for her. Her learning this allows her to travel freely again just like she could when she had the two walkers on the chains.
So now she'll be the chick with zombie guts on her all the time instead of pet walkers.

I am still on team governor. Sure he runs a tight ship but in a Zombie Apocalypse it's the survival of the fittest. Ayn Rand would be proud. The governor is sipping wine and making sweet love while the bleeding heart Rick is talking to dead people on a dead phone.

At this point the governor's system is working best.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #70
mrdazzo7

Quote:
LOL - "waste time"? The whole scene was like twenty seconds long. It's not like the spent an entire episode on it... Such a crazy thing to nitpick about, but we all have our things I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
I am still on team governor. Sure he runs a tight ship but in a Zombie Apocalypse it's the survival of the fittest. Ayn Rand would be proud. The governor is sipping wine and making sweet love while the bleeding heart Rick is talking to dead people on a dead phone.
That's true, but now that Team Governor kidnapped Glen and Maggie, I'm guessing they're about to crossover into "villain" territory any minute now. I've been wondering how the groups would connect and I have to say, I love the way it happened. Michonne escaping Merl and stumbling upon Glen and Maggie, then Merl stumbling on them and taking them hostage while Michonne makes her way to the prison. I alsmot don't even want to watch the next few episodes out of fear of what's gonna happen once these groups go head to head. I think it's cool the way they used Glen and Maggie as the starting off point instead of something overly obvious, like Merl tracking Michonne to the prison and seeing Daryl or something.

I think it was weird that he brought them back to Woodbury instead of just making them take him to Daryl, though... but this way's a lot more dramatic so I'll take it.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #71
rahnbo

Quote:
Herschel kept his family of walkers in the barn. It's not that different then what the governor is doing with his daughter.

I don't really agree with what he did with the military guys but his agenda seems to be to have a peaceful society. He has his army of men and the other men that are in Woodbury seem to be rather weak and timid. He kills anyone who is a threat.....just like Rick's group.

The zombie gladiators and heads in jars was just weird but they live in a weird world.
I was agreeing with you. In either Herschel or the governor's situation I might try to keep my zombie family around as long as possible. I don't think the daughter in a straight jacket is a bad thing. It shows me he has hope someone he loves can someday be back to normal again.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #72
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I weep for humanity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #73
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
And quality family time.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #74
cheesesteak
Meh.

My biggest question from this episode was why Merle stabbed the decapitated head in the eye. Even if it comes back, how much damage can a disembodied head do?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #75
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
That's true, but now that Team Governor kidnapped Glen and Maggie, I'm guessing they're about to crossover into "villain" territory any minute now.
Right, because murdering National Guard units in cold blood is so heroic.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #76
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
My biggest question from this episode was why Merle stabbed the decapitated head in the eye. Even if it comes back, how much damage can a disembodied head do?
Zombie headbutts are the worst!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #77
Peter000

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
That, and you just don't want to leave an animate zombie head lying around in the weeds. Ankle bites.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #78
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post

I think it was weird that he brought them back to Woodbury instead of just making them take him to Daryl, though... but this way's a lot more dramatic so I'll take it.
Maggie and Glen refused to take him to Darryl and they would have laid down their lives before sacrificing the safety and resources of their group by allowing Merle to know where they were located. So Merle's only choices were kill them and have nothing to take to the Gov. or keep them alive as a present for the Gov. and torture them for info.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #79
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
And again, with her pet zombies she never needed to experiment with smearing herself in zombie intestines. Maybe she just never had reason to find out that zombies didn't have to be "live" to mask living human scent from other zombies.

She was clearly surprised, so for whatever reason, she didn't know.
The live Walkers she was using as pack animals never did keep mask her human scent and keep other Walkers away. It is only the guts of dead Walkers that is now disguising her.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #80
Hank
AC•FTW

Don't agree at all. Walkers are already dead. And the slaves did help her move about walkers without being detected, so it did work.

Sorry, was that a spoiler?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #81
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
There's a Marvel comic called Deadpool, about a government-trained assassin who...well, it's a long story, but suffice it to say that he A) has a highly-active healing factor; and B) is hopelessly insane. There is also an alternate universe that has been taken over by superhero zombies (the Marvel Zombie universe), in which Deadpool has become a zombie. And at the height of Deadpool's popularity a few years ago, in addition to Deadpool and Deadpool Team-Up, they launched Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth, which was about the adventures of Deadpool and the decapitated head of Marvel Zombie Deadpool.

It ran 13 issues, and was actually pretty amusing.

The moral of the story is, to be safe, always kill the decapitated zombie head. Because you just never know.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #82
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
I thought it was policy: Merle said they don't let their own turn.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #83
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
I thought it was policy: Merle said they don't let their own turn.
Then again, I'm pretty sure "lying to the Governor" is against policy.

Policy probably only applies to Merle when it suits him. Or when he thinks he can't get away with violating it. Or when it's fun.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #84
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The live Walkers she was using as pack animals never did keep mask her human scent and keep other Walkers away. It is only the guts of dead Walkers that is now disguising her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Don't agree at all. Walkers are already dead. And the slaves did help her move about walkers without being detected, so it did work.

Sorry, was that a spoiler?
It is not logical that being in the vicinity of a Walker would mask the scent of a human. If that were the case, as soon as a Walker got close to a human, it and any other Walkers would no longer be able to detect that human. We have seen numerous examples of Walkers being in close proximity to humans and other Walkers still being attracted to that human.

As for Walkers already being dead, there is a distinction between Walkers who are "alive" meaning able to walk and bite and Walkers that have been "killed" meaning they are no longer animate.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #85
Hank
AC•FTW

It seems logical that her two zombie slaves helped her move about other zombies without detection. She cut off their arms and jaws so they could not attack her.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #86
tiams

Quote:
It seems logical that her two zombie slaves helped her move about other zombies without detection. She cut off their arms and jaws so they could not attack her.
No that is not logical. If the "slave" Zombies disguised her scent, then each one would prevent the other from detecting her and there would be no need to cut off their arms.

I don't remember a single scene where she moved among Walkers without being detected because she had Walkers on a leash. Nor do I recall her commenting that she and Andrea had been unmolested for the several months they were wandering around in the company of Walkers on a leash. The first time she became undetectable was when she had guts from a "dead" Walker smeared on her. Hence her surprise.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #87
fmowry

I thought the scientist at the Governor's place said to the Gov that Michonne's pets

a) had their mandibles removed as to not bite her and
b) allowed her to not be detected

Am I misremembering?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #88
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I don't remember a single scene where she moved among Walkers without being detected because she had Walkers on a leash. Nor do I recall her commenting that she and Andrea had been unmolested for the several months they were wandering around in the company of Walkers on a leash. The first time she became undetectable was when she had guts from a "dead" Walker smeared on her. Hence her surprise.
You have a bad memory. The very first scene where we see Michonne, Andrea is being overrun by a zombie pack, and out of nowhere, Michonne shows up, cloaked, with slaves, undetected and unbothered by the other zombies.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #89
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I thought the scientist at the Governor's place said to the Gov that Michonne's pets

a) had their mandibles removed as to not bite her and
b) allowed her to not be detected

Am I misremembering?
Don't you think if they had allowed her to not be detected that she would have gotten herself another couple of them as soon as she left Woodbury? And again, why would their jaws and arms need to be removed if each one made her undetectable to the other?

I don't remember b. at all. The scientist said that when their jaws were removed they no longer had the desire to bite and that they didn't need to eat; they just liked to.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #90
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
You have a bad memory. The very first scene where we see Michonne, Andrea is being overrun by a zombie pack, and out of nowhere, Michonne shows up, cloaked, with slaves, undetected and unbothered by the other zombies.
And, basically every other scene where she has them and zombies are near.

They work because she is quiet and stealthy. If she had two slaves and were constantly shooting a loud gun I doubt it would work. The combination of stealth + slaves seems reasonable to me.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote