TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #4441
mart the fart

Hi there, I have been using both iTiVo and kmttg for a few days now and prefer both of them to TiVo Desktop but I have a problem with around 1Tb of .TiVo files that I have already downloaded in TS format and would like to decrypt but tivodecode fails with bus error.

I have used the TiVo web server to download a test file in PS format and tivodecode works just fine on that so I know it is the TS format that worries tivodecode. I am currently running 0.2pre4 on Intel Mac OSX10.7.5. I believe there is a 0.3pre5 version of tivodecode that can handle TS format but I cannot find Mac OSX binaries. Can anyone help?

Last edited by mart the fart : 11-16-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
mart the fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #4442
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart the fart View Post
Hi there, I have been using both iTiVo and kmttg for a few days now and prefer both of them to TiVo Desktop but I have a problem with around 1Tb of .TiVo files that I have already downloaded in TS format and would like to decrypt but tivodecode fails with bus error.

I have used the TiVo web server to download a test file in PS format and tivodecode works just fine on that so I know it is the TS format that worries tivodecode. I am currently running 0.2pre4 on Intel Mac OSX10.7.5. I believe there is a 0.3pre5 version of tivodecode that can handle TS format but I cannot find Mac OSX binaries. Can anyone help?
You can set KMTTG to not use TS and it would be fine.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #4443
billy_taylor

Hi all, there was talk a while back about UK Virgin Media changing something with certificates and breaking kmttg functionality. Something about client cert passwords? Was it resolved, and if not, what kind of help is required?
billy_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #4444
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_taylor View Post
Hi all, there was talk a while back about UK Virgin Media changing something with certificates and breaking kmttg functionality. Something about client cert passwords? Was it resolved, and if not, what kind of help is required?
A previous US series 4 software update TiVo introduced tighter RPC authentication which eventually I figured out how to overcome and recent versions of kmttg now work again. At that time it also worked with Virgin software. I think there was a mention in Undeground forum about a new Virgin software update which broke it again, but you should try latest kmttg to confirm. The latest 20.2.2 US software (not fully deployed to everyone yet) still works though.
If there's an Android app which works with Virgin software it may be possible to get it working with Virgin software again if it doesn't already.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #4445
mart the fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You can set KMTTG to not use TS and it would be fine.
I am now using PS for all NEW downloads from my TiVo but I have approximately 1Tb of already downloaded files on an external hard drive that I would like to be able to view on my TV. The only way I can view them is if I physically transfer them back to my TiVo box (which is a cumbersome task). What I would really like to do is decrypt the already downloaded files (all in TS format) and stream them back to my TV (same TV that the TiVo is connected to).

Please note that I have a Macbook and Linux server - no PC available.

Anyone out there got a Intel Mac binary for tivodecode 0.3pre5 with TS support?

Last edited by mart the fart : 11-18-2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #4446
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I am now using PS for all NEW downloads from my TiVo but I have approximately 1Tb of already downloaded files on an external hard drive that I would like to be able to view on my TV. The only way I can view them is if I physically transfer them back to my TiVo box (which is a cumbersome task). What I would really like to do is decrypt the already downloaded files (all in TS format) and stream them back to my TV (same TV that the TiVo is connected to).

Anyone out there got a Intel Mac binary for tivdecode 0.3pre5 with TS support?
Have you tried to just transfer them back to the Tivo without decoding it?

~~~~~

Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #4447
moyekj

Quote:

Anyone out there got a Intel Mac binary for tivodecode 0.3pre5 with TS support?
On Linux (and probably Mac as well) it's very easy to build a binary from source assuming you have gcc/g++ development tools installed.

1. Download the source
2. gunzip -c tivodecode-0.3pre4.tar.gz | tar xvf -
3. cd tivodecode-0.3pre4
4. ./configure
5. make

That's it and you'll have your binary. However, I and others had trouble properly decrypting some TS transfers with it and nobody has looked into fixing the remaining issues with the source AFAIK.

However, as stated above if your intention is just to send them back to your TiVo there is no need to decrypt them. Just use pyTivo to transfer them back to your TiVo. Don't see what is so "cumbersome" about it. You can even use pyTivo push web server to queue up a whole bunch at once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 11-18-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #4448
mart the fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
On Linux (and probably Mac as well) it's very easy to build a binary from source assuming you have gcc/g++ development tools installed.
That's it and you'll have your binary. However, I and others had trouble properly decrypting some TS transfers with it and nobody has looked into fixing the remaining issues with the source AFAIK.
Spoiler:
Thanks, Kevin. I do not have any development tools installed and not keen to do so therefore I was hoping someone might post a Mac binary on sourceforge or code.google. If no-one has an Intel Mac binary then I might go the source code compilation route 'coz it is less work than transferring 200 files back to TiVo one by one.
Just downloaded Xcode and then the Command Line Tools, compiled and built 0.3pre4 and ran it on a TS file. It worked!!

Thanks, Kevin. If this works with all my existing .TiVo files I will be really happy. Also happy to post my tivodecode binary to wherever it is required.

Last edited by mart the fart : 11-18-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: update to post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #4449
billy_taylor

Quote:
A previous US series 4 software update TiVo introduced tighter RPC authentication which eventually I figured out how to overcome and recent versions of kmttg now work again. At that time it also worked with Virgin software. I think there was a mention in Undeground forum about a new Virgin software update which broke it again, but you should try latest kmttg to confirm. The latest 20.2.2 US software (not fully deployed to everyone yet) still works though.
If there's an Android app which works with Virgin software it may be possible to get it working with Virgin software again if it doesn't already.
The latest version seems to work OK apart from all the extras it offers when you turn on ipad style comms. It complains about having the wrong active partner id.
Billy
billy_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #4450
moyekj

v0p9b just released

v0p9b just released with some enhancements based on recent requests in this thread including right click on NPL show to obtain originalAirDate and ability to create Wishlists with RPC remote. Also a nice RPC addition is a "Network Connect" button in the Info tab for an easy way to start a network connection without having to do it on TiVo itself. See release_notes Wiki for full details.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #4451
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
v0p9b just released with some enhancements based on recent requests in this thread including right click on NPL show to obtain originalAirDate and ability to create Wishlists with RPC remote. Also a nice RPC addition is a "Network Connect" button in the Info tab for an easy way to start a network connection without having to do it on TiVo itself. See release_notes Wiki for full details.
I just wanted to say thank you for this software. I use it daily and it makes my TiVo life fabulous. I appreciate all your hard work. Can't wait to try the latest build.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #4452
miricle

I've been hearing some weird behavior from a few recordings transferred from my Premier Elite last week. I have transferred the files and just run them through tivodecode and have discovered that ABC is now including "Audio description" on some shows such as The Middle "Thanksgiving IV" episode (the shows have an AD logo on-screen during the beginning). According to http://abc.go.com/site/audio-description , this should be heard via an SAP channel. For some reason, I seem to be getting this audio narration on my transferred recordings. I'm watching the .mpg video files either via VLC or Windows 7 Media Player. Anyone seeing similar behavior? I am not by my Tivo to see whether this is a problem with only ktmmg or if even Tivo Desktop .tivo files display the same issue. Any thoughts on removing these (from newly transferred recordings of the existing ones).
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #4453
lrhorer

Many thanks for the update! I'm having a little issue with the new release, however. Am I missing something? When I right-click on an entry, I get a response that the extended metadata is acquired, but nothing else happens. If I left-click on the entry again, nothing happens. Only if I right click, allow the data to be acquired, left-click on a different entry, and then left-click on the entry in question again is the extended metadata displayed. Am I doing something wrong? If not, would it be possible to have kmttg automatically display the accessed show data again when the extended data is acquired?

The episode display is really nice, btw. Thanks again.

Edit: Oh, I see. Right-click on the entry *RATHER THAN* left-clicking first works. It's workable.

Last edited by lrhorer : 11-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #4454
cweb

I am a little confused as to the purpose or result of the "right-clicking" on the NPL.

When right-clicking, I get the message:

Obtaining extended metadata for: Real Time With Bill Maher
extended metadata acquired

I don't get any subsequent information in the window. Is a separate window suppose to pop up? Does the extended info get incorporated in the meta.txt file? None of the above?

Thanks in advance.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #4455
cweb

I just noticed in the release notes for v0p8v, that "atomicParsley job will now add --artwork imageFile to run if image : imageFile tag exists in metadata file".

I have cover art in all my folders. It would be great if kmttg could automatically add "image : folder.jpg" to the metadata.txt file (or an option to do so).

Would that be easy to do?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #4456
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I am a little confused as to the purpose or result of the "right-clicking" on the NPL.

I don't get any subsequent information in the window. Is a separate window suppose to pop up? Does the extended info get incorporated in the meta.txt file? None of the above?

Thanks in advance.
It shows in the bottom window where the description of the show usually is.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #4457
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post

It threw me a little at first, too. Do not right-click on the title or highlight it with the keyboard first. With some other entry highlighted, right click on the selection. The OAD, if available, will show with the other text. Any subsequent selection of the title will also show the extended data.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #4458
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
It shows in the bottom window where the description of the show usually is.
I don't think that is what he meant. If the show is already highlighted, then right-clicking does not refresh the log window, it only reports the extended data has been retrieved. One must select a different title, and then return to the original title for the OAD to show. That, or just right-click on a show that is not highlighted.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #4459
mattack

I got a TiVo Stream. kmttg (0p8v) sees the Stream as TWO devices (STR D538 and DVR-D538) upon launch. Also, of course I get an error message because kmttg can't communicate with it. (I could turn off "Look for TiVos on network", but I think their IP addresses sometimes change.)

<h2>Access Forbidden</h2>
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from DVR-D538
Exit code: 0
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 196 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 196
0 31 0 31 0 0 184 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 45 0 45 0 0 115 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 115
Adding detected tivo: STR D538

I don't suppose kmttg could avoid the TiVo Stream when looking for devices?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #4460
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I got a TiVo Stream. kmttg (0p8v) sees the Stream as TWO devices (STR D538 and DVR-D538) upon launch. Also, of course I get an error message because kmttg can't communicate with it. (I could turn off "Look for TiVos on network", but I think their IP addresses sometimes change.)

I would need more information such as first few chars of the TSN for the Stream to explicitly block it.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #4461
mattack

Quote:
I would need more information such as first few chars of the TSN for the Stream to explicitly block it.
How do I provide that?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #4462
moyekj

Quote:
How do I provide that?

Thanks
You can check your tivo.com account for list of devices on your account given there which lists TSN #s. There must be a TSN # for the Stream or kmttg would not be picking it up otherwise. To be clear I just need the first 5 or so characters, not the whole TSN. The way TSN #s work all same models of a TiVo device have the same starting TSN #s which is why I only need the first few characters.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #4463
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:

I am curious to know if the stream is listed on your tivo.com account, and under DVR Preferences. Does it require a subscription? (I think it doesn't)

~~~~~

Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #4464
mattack

Quote:
You can check your tivo.com account for list of devices on your account given there which lists TSN #s. There must be a TSN # for the Stream or kmttg would not be picking it up otherwise. To be clear I just need the first 5 or so characters, not the whole TSN. The way TSN #s work all same models of a TiVo device have the same starting TSN #s which is why I only need the first few characters.
The first two chunks are A94-0001

So I guess A94 is enough to distinguish it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I am curious to know if the stream is listed on your tivo.com account, and under DVR Preferences. Does it require a subscription? (I think it doesn't)
Yes, it shows up on my list of Active Devices. It does NOT require a subscription, but does link itself to my Tivos during setup. (I went to tivo.com for the first time since getting it, and see that it has a "deactivate account" button for the Stream -- I was previously wondering if it would automatically re-attach it to a new Tivo or what.)

Note, make yourself aware of exactly what the Tivo Stream provides. It does NOT provide a signal to another TV. (A future device will do that.) It provides streaming (WITHIN THE HOUSEHOLD) of shows on Premiere Tivos, and it provides downloading of UNPROTECTED content for use offline. (I *was* able to transfer recordings from my Tivo S3 to the Premiere and then download them to my iPhone.) It's "so expensive" (as some thing), as it's providing faster than realtime transcoding of multiple streams (up to 4) to devices. I'm not trying to be an ad, I just think it has semi-impressive hardware... though I hope it will be built into future TiVos, and DO think it would've made more sense to combine this WITH a device that provided a picture to another TV.

I'm using the Stream to watch an iPhone on a treadmill in another location of the house than my TV. (I originally thought I'd get the stream possibly after I got an iPad, but a different treadmill that a neighbor gave me that's with my TV is starting to die.. so I got it sooner than I expected so I could watch something while exercising. Amazingly, I CAN watch a show on an iPhone while walking on the treadmill without trouble. That's mostly a reference to the screen size. I have more often DOWNLOADED shows, though I have tried streaming a few times. The streaming seems slightly flaky, but that may be due to my WiFi in my house.)
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #4465
moyekj

OK, I've updated mdns code to ignore TSN #s starting with "A94" so will be part of next release. Out of curiosity though, does it also get detected with TiVo Beacon or is just Bonjour? To test that in kmttg config TiVo tab enable "Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour" and then remove the Stream from kmttg and see if it still comes back.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #4466
mattack

It DOES still find STR D538 if I have Beacon turned on, but it doesn't seem to find DVR-D538. At first I thought turning Beacon on was a workaround, but it seems like if I quit/relaunch really quickly, it doesn't detect the other Tivos.. but if I wait a minute, it does. (So that's MY issue.)

I can just turn off "Look for Tivos on network" for now.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #4467
moyekj

Quote:
It DOES still find STR D538 if I have Beacon turned on, but it doesn't seem to find DVR-D538. At first I thought turning Beacon on was a workaround, but it seems like if I quit/relaunch really quickly, it doesn't detect the other Tivos.. but if I wait a minute, it does. (So that's MY issue.)

I can just turn off "Look for Tivos on network" for now.
TiVo Beacon is inherently slower than Bonjour for initial detection, at least the way I'm doing it, so taking a minute or two to detect TiVos is normal. Looks like I have to block Stream detection for Beacon as well.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #4468
moyekj

mattack if you wish you can test out Stream detection filtering by using kmttg.jar in this zip file I uploaded:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/kmttg_v0p9c_beta1.zip

Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #4469
cheese toast

Hi guys, I've got a strange problem I think is with KMTTG. I'll have it download and decrypt a show, in this case the latest Sons of Anarchy, and it will seem fine and play fine on the computer. The problem comes when I put it into Nero Video 12 to edit out the commercials or even just burn it straight to dvd. It will come up as being anywhere from 12 to 20 hours long. Scanning the video it will look fine until you get near the end and it will freeze an just not work. This is completely random, sometimes it is just fine and is the proper length. Any ideas?
cheese toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #4470
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese toast View Post
Hi guys, I've got a strange problem I think is with KMTTG. I'll have it download and decrypt a show, in this case the latest Sons of Anarchy, and it will seem fine and play fine on the computer. The problem comes when I put it into Nero Video 12 to edit out the commercials or even just burn it straight to dvd. It will come up as being anywhere from 12 to 20 hours long. Scanning the video it will look fine until you get near the end and it will freeze an just not work. This is completely random, sometimes it is just fine and is the proper length. Any ideas?
You need to run "QS Fix" step either using VideoRedo or ProjectX setup in kmttg.