TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Fringe - Five-Twenty-Ten OAD 11/16/12

Remind me why John Noble doesn't have an Emmy?

As we thought, old megalomaniac Walter is starting to come to the surface, Nina (yay Nina!!!) saw it, we saw it, but more importantly Walter saw it. Noble does a great job turning it on and off with very few words, the opening the safe scene you could see "evil Walter" go away mid-shot.
We got gobs of Walter and William Bell backstory.

Peter is still not 100% getting how "observer power" works, which is nice, but Olivia has to notice soon (as should Anil). Loved the dissolving observers! I'm also still ok with this season's "quest of the week" format.

I'm not sure I can wait 3 weeks without a fix, I'll need to start rewatching some of the previous season episodes with commentaries.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
danterner
Not it!

I turn things from solid to gas all the time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Remind me why John Noble doesn't have an Emmy?
Wrong kind of show.

Hopefully, he can leverage his success here into a role as a man whose daughter dies, leaving him to raise his grandchildren while struggling to keep his business afloat.

Or the captain in the next Law & Order spin-off.

Obviously, that's not what I hope at all.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Wrong kind of show.

Hopefully, he can leverage his success here into a role as a man whose daughter dies, leaving him to raise his grandchildren while struggling to keep his business afloat.

Or the captain in the next Law & Order spin-off.

Obviously, that's not what I hope at all.
L&O: Sydney

Throw in 'Olivia' and 'Sarah' as the supporting cast and I might consider returning (used to watch the original L&O back when I was a kid).
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Maybe Peter will turn out to be Observer One. His movements in this ep were very robotic or Observer-like.

And he's definitely on a quest for vengeance.

He also kept checking his watch. Does it resync whenever he does the time warp again?

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Maybe Peter will turn out to be Observer One. His movements in this ep were very robotic or Observer-like.
Not just his movements. By the end of the episode his voice was sounding just like an observer monotone - it was very well acted, I thought.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Not just his movements. By the end of the episode his voice was sounding just like an observer monotone - it was very well acted, I thought.
Little tilt of the head at the end almost made me laugh out loud. Early on in the episode, when he spotted the entrance door through the rubble, the way he pointed was also very Observer-like.

If Nina could have a fully functioning bionic arm way back when, why is she in a wheelchair now?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
He also kept checking his watch. Does it resync whenever he does the time warp again?
He was timing the Observers' movements.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
He was timing the Observers' movements.
Yes, that was obvious from the elaborate timeline that he drew. I was commenting on how could his watch be accurate when he keeps stepping in and out of time.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'd be brain fryingly angry at Peter if I were Olivia.

I wonder if Peter will become completely bald and if it'll look real or like a bad makeup job.

Does it make sense that Peter could become Observer One using tech from the future's future?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

As we thought, old megalomaniac Walter is starting to come to the surface, Nina (yay Nina!!!) saw it, we saw it, but more importantly Walter saw it. Noble does a great job turning it on and off with very few words, the opening the safe scene you could see "evil Walter" go away mid-shot.
We got gobs of Walter and William Bell backstory.
It is impressive the way Noble can shift in mid scene.

Quote:
Peter is still not 100% getting how "observer power" works, which is nice, but Olivia has to notice soon (as should Anil). Loved the dissolving observers! I'm also still ok with this season's "quest of the week" format.
Olivia's definitely noticed that something's off so I think we're going to see her confront Peter soon.

Agreed with the other comments on how Peter is showing the characteristics of the Observers.
It makes one start to fear for Peter's humanity.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Olivia's definitely noticed that something's off so I think we're going to see her confront Peter soon.
Huh? Why are people posting like Olivia does not already know that Peter has the Observer device in his head? Peter told Olivia that he has it, and he even did the simultaneous talking thing with her.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? Why are people posting like Olivia does not already know that Peter has the Observer device in his head? Peter told Olivia that he has it, and he even did the simultaneous talking thing with her.
When did that happen? I don't remember Peter telling anyone.

kdonnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonnel View Post
When did that happen? I don't remember Peter telling anyone.
Did you miss the scene with Peter & Olivia at the whiteboard? He was drawing and said something like, "With the tech I've obtained from the Observers..." and her response was, "You put one of those things in your head?" Then he talked simultaneously with her and cocked his head.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Yes, it was VERY obvious when Peter confirmed to Olivia that he'd inserted the device. I don't know how many people could have missed that...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yes, it was VERY obvious when Peter confirmed to Olivia that he'd inserted the device. I don't know how many people could have missed that...
Maybe they didn't pad.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Truthfully, I brain farted.
Diane had commented on how Olivia hadn't noticed and I was saying she had.
And I didn't connect that to the fact Olivia had confronted Peter even though I commented on how he was adopting the Observer mannerisms.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
tomm1079

I have a feeling this is how it is going to end but what you guys think?

Peter becomes September

In the end Peter (as September ) saves his daughter and the team lives happy ever after except peter is gone ...

Last edited by tomm1079 : 11-17-2012 at 11:04 PM.
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
jehma

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Yes, he did a great job with all the little nuances.
jehma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
jehma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1079 View Post
I have a feeling this is how it is going to end but what you guys think.

I have a feeling that Peter becomes October (the observer that helps them all throughout the series - was that the correct name)?

In the end Peter (as october) saves his daughter and the team lives happy ever after exact peter is gone ...
September :-)
jehma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

My former theory is that the Observers are manipulating Peter into being the one who creates them in the first place, and that in order for a happy ending he has to figure that out before it's too late.

It still seems plausible.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehma View Post
September :-)
fixed!
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #23
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Truthfully, I brain farted.
Diane had commented on how Olivia hadn't noticed and I was saying she had.
And I didn't connect that to the fact Olivia had confronted Peter even though I commented on how he was adopting the Observer mannerisms.
And that was my bad too, I was reviewing in my head I was so damn frustrated Olivia didn't know at the concrete to gas section 2/3 of the way in, that I didn't plug the "he told her" scene into the post since I had all that darn pent up frustration, Anil still counts tho
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
My former theory is that the Observers are manipulating Peter into being the one who creates them in the first place, and that in order for a happy ending he has to figure that out before it's too late.

It still seems plausible.
I disagree. Why else would the observer in the previous ep exclaim in surprise that Peter made a big mistake? They even repeated it in the "previously on..."

I found Olivia's reaction to Peter very unlike her. I think she would not have run away. She would have dragged his butt to the lab and asked Walter to examine him.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote