TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
SNJpage1

GLEE 11/15/12---Spoilers

After watching this show I cancelled my season pass. I never liked the mean Sue and the way they keep bringing the older grads back into the show has been a real dstraction and I feel has made the show go down hill. I would have preferred to see the two high school students doing the full Grease song and not do a fantasy replacement with Fenn and Rachael doing the singing. I feel that was an insult to the two actors who started singing the song. Once again we havea teacher sleeping with a student. Which is not a good plot line to follow. I realise why it was done but feel it was still in bad taste. Lets get back to what the show was about, A group of HIGH SCHOOL students in a glee club. Every one else leave the set.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Jayjoans

We only FFx2 through this show and pick out when we can tell they're singing, then stop to see if it's a song we would enjoy. We got through last night's episode in just a couple of minutes....

Ever since the first episode featuring the Journey song, this show has gone downhill faster than most.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I liked the episode - liked many of the songs, but also had problems with the fantasy bit of replacing the lead singers with Finn and Rachel.

And, I would think that they would have revealed/found out that it was mean girl changing the costume on the Sandy gal.

Also I was sad for Monique. She should have done that song.

Old grads - go away. Or at least make it one per episode not all of them back all at once.

But maybe since they have said "it's not home" they have come to realize and won't be back.

All that said, I do hope Kurt and Blaine will get back together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I would so love to see Kurt and Rachel die in a plane crash. They are so tiring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
TriBruin

For better or worse, I will probably stay with this show until the bitter end. Unfortuntely, that is likely sooner than later.

Saying that, I think the last two episodes have been the best of the season. Coincidently, they have involved little or no New York. Maybe the writers have figured out that this show is not going to survive by splitting screen time. It really is best when it focuses on the High School.

I wish the writers would just cut the cord with the Graduates and not try so hard to shoehorn them in to every episode. Give them an occasional guest apperance, say, in the audience at sections/regionals/nationals.

I have to say that I did like Blake last night. I was disappointed when he was chosen as the Glee Project winner, but he is doing fine.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Fox made it easy on me to cut the cord on this show by scheduling it against Person of Interest and Parks and Recreation this season.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
Lets get back to what the show was about, A group of HIGH SCHOOL students in a glee club. Every one else leave the set.
The problem is, how much of the fan base would bail rather than sit through what is, in effect, Glee: The Next Generation? And what do you do next year, when the problem gets worse as the only one of the originals that would be left is Brittany, and that assumes she flunks all of her classes again?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the rest of the season turns into "Lima episodes" and "NYADA episodes", and they look at which do better to decide where most, if not all, of Season 5 takes place.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

So far, none of the new generation has clicked for me at all. Kitty is a comic book villain, totally one note (ultra b*tchy). Marley is a Mary Sue character. Jake is a more boring version of Puck. I didn't like Unique when he was just a guest star, I don't like him now. This new guy, the guy from Glee Project, hasn't been around long, but so far they haven't come up with anything interesting about him.

Maybe it would have been better if they had completely cut the cord and done the spinoff like they planned. That way, the old characters wouldn't be constantly "pulling focus," and that would have allowed more time to develop the Lima characters.

I'm still watching, but I too am not really in love with this season at all.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
SNJpage1

The first two seasons I found myself transferring the shows to my PC and then editing it down to just the musical numbers and keeping them. Last year and this year I have yet to find a song that they did that I thought was worth saving. Maybe its just my taste in music. So I have been actually depending on what else is going on to carry the show.
As some one else posted, I found myself FF'ing the first year and just watching the musical parts. Plus I hate Sue's charactor when she is mean and over the top. Especially in this one where she went on a rage pushing and shoving students. She would have been fired in real life.
Another thing that I see becoming a problem is the amount of gay charactors that has been introduced to the show. We now have kurt and Blain, Santana, bisexual Brittny and the guy from the Glee project who is the crossdresser.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
Another thing that I see becoming a problem is the amount of gay charactors that has been introduced to the show. We now have kurt and Blain, Santana, bisexual Brittny and the guy from the Glee project who is the crossdresser.
Ignoring for the moment, well, a huge number of things... transvestism and homosexuality are two separate and distinct traits. While there might be overlap, neither necessarily implies the other.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
alpacaboy

Finally, Kitty is performing. I was guessing she would kind of follow a Quinn-like path, starting out mean, and eventually letting Glee soften her. She's clearly one of the main characters, lots of screen time, it's been weird for her not to be singing for so long. Maybe she'll get more dimension soon.

I kinda wondered how they would bring Mercedes back smoothly. Actually, I still kinda wonder that.

Is Quinn the only one who hasn't guested back yet?

It feels like they waited too long to start grooming hew characters and it kind of took them by surprise last season. I was hoping Sugar would get a bigger role, but I swear I only see her get a line or two here or there. I thought she had the potential to go toe to toe with Kitty, but I haven't see it yet.
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I too was bummed not to see Marley and the other dude do the complete number. They dropped the whole story line in an instant. Kitty is no Q. Not feeling her at all.

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Wasn't Emma the same way? On the show for months before she sang?

I like knowing that any actor can be a sleeper.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Emma was on the show for a couple of SEASONS before her first number, in Rocky Horror.

I think Marley is just dreamy. I hope to see a lot more of her.

Last edited by Drewster : 11-28-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Drewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
I think Marley is just dreamy. I hope to see a lot more of her.
Then watch the season 1 premiere episode of Homeland.