TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #931
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

What's the over/under on the number of episodes before Jr & Sr are yelling at each other again?

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #932
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
I enjoyed the trash-talking between the Fast & Loud guys, Jesse, and the rest. Although as usual Jason is too over-the-top.

The production bike is doomed to fail ... I can't see this working out for either OCC or PJD. Vinnie is right to stay away ...
Agreed. I hope they figure that out sooner than later and scrap the whole idea... Of course that would mean possibly giving up a few $$$ so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidniteBombr View Post
What's the over/under on the number of episodes before Jr & Sr are yelling at each other again?
I'll go with "1". I bet by the next episode they are either at each other's throats again, or they call off the whole idea. Wouldn't it be refreshing if that happened? That they put their relationship above the show?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #933
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I bet by the next episode they are either at each other's throats again, or they call off the whole idea. Wouldn't it be refreshing if that happened? That they put their relationship above the show?
Didn't JR already say at the end of the last episode that he was getting some bad feelings about the interaction so far and is having second thoughts about it. If he's smart he should call SR and tell him that he doesn't want to jeopardize the personal relationship they were just rebuilding and just kill the joint production bike. End of story!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #934
snowjay
40mph couch potato

I think JR will probably pull the plug on the idea. If they don't scratch the idea, the biggest difference right now is the frame, hard or soft tail. IMHO, they should build the same bike with both frames. Sure not everything will be the same but it would allow each of them to have some say in the design.

When I first heard about the production bike I thought they would just manufacture the one they built themselves with a few minor tweaks... I don't understand why they want to start from scratch.
snowjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #935
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
The whole thing is money driven and if there's one thing that can destroy a family it's $$$. The last thing these two need is to work together again. Especially in the same exact way they did it before! I think if Jr. really had done design at his shop and Senior did the fab at his, it may have had a chance... The way it's turning out is something completely different and very familiar. I don't think they know any other way.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #936
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Paul Jr just tweeted:

Quote:
AC is ending after a ten year run but PJD is just getting started! Thanks to everyone who made this show a success. Time for something new!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #937
innocentfreak

The build-off show is supposed to be the series finale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #938
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Huh. Can't image this is what Junior or Senior want as the show is a huge bit of free publicity.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #939
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Huh. Can't image this is what Junior or Senior want as the show is a huge bit of free publicity.
You can bet your life they don't want this. I mean, let's get real. If it weren't for the show, neither of them would have a business. At least not the business they have now. I've always said, once the show is off the air, that will mark the end of OCC the company.

Senior will end up selling the rights to the name at some point I'll bet. PJD? It sounds like he's hinting at getting another show of his own, but it's hard to say. If there is no new show for Paulie, then he's gonna have about as much success as Vinnie has had with VForce. Which is to say, not much.

Last edited by bareyb : 11-16-2012 at 11:57 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #940
Test

Didn't this show end before only to be brought back on a different channel with a slightly different name?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #941
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Didn't this show end before only to be brought back on a different channel with a slightly different name?
Yeah, I was on the TLC for a long time, then moved to Discovery with and the series was technically Jr. vs. Senior.

Maybe they each will get separate shows?
Seems like Discovery has quite a bit of automotive and bike shows, including and entire channel, Velocity. Seems to me they'll just make two separate series runs, one called PJD Designs, and the other called Orange County Choppers.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #942
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Yeah, I was on the TLC for a long time, then moved to Discovery with and the series was technically Jr. vs. Senior.

Maybe they each will get separate shows?
Seems like Discovery has quite a bit of automotive and bike shows, including and entire channel, Velocity. Seems to me they'll just make two separate series runs, one called PJD Designs, and the other called Orange County Choppers.
I'd probably watch both.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #943
inaka

Me too.
Although my favorite car shows are Wheeler Dealers and Chasing Classic Cars.
No family drama in those shows. Whew.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #944
Swirl_Junkie

Those are my favorites too.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #945
windracer
joined the 10k club

Fast turnaround on the latest episode with the 9/11 Memorial Bike and Hurricane Sandy.

And what's with Paul Jr. bringing in people to design t-shirts for him. Isn't he running a design shop?

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #946
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
And what's with Paul Jr. bringing in people to design t-shirts for him. Isn't he running a design shop?
Maybe it's a simple license deal with them, where they create and make all of the items, he approves them and get's a royalty.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #947
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Maybe it's a simple license deal with them, where they create and make all of the items, he approves them and get's a royalty.
I think that's exactly what it is. Same goes for the Playground stuff.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #948
inaka

It's a smart business move. No risk for him, and it's just a check in the mail, based on his PJD brand. Then hope the brand works to where he can license it out for more junk like a video game, cafe, etc. like OCC. Just following his dad's business model on a more streamlined scale.

That t-shirt business venture sounds WAY more intelligent than starting a new production bike business with his father, or doing a video creative business, etc.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #949
innocentfreak

I don't know who is more nuts. Sr or Jason.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #950
inaka

I'd love to see that slob Jason get his ass handed to him without Sr. around.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #951
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I don't know who is more nuts. Sr or Jason.
Jason w/o a doubt.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #952
DLL66

Jason is trying to get his digs in. He thinks he is more than what he really is.
DLL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #953
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Jason must be very insecure. It was really clear that Junior was just saying that making drawings is not how he personally designs bikes, not that what Jason does is useless.

And I had to roll my eyes at how Jason took some credit for Junior's success. I think it's the other way around.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #954
snowjay
40mph couch potato

That boy should be given no camera time.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #955
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Jason's not winning any fans this season is he?

I do think Jason has some pretty good skilz for being such a goofball. He has progressed quite a bit with the software with the Photo Realistic stuff and the CAD drawings he does for Jim Quinn. Maybe if he didn't ACT like such a doofus people would give him more respect. That whole scene with Jr. made no sense. He was either totally off base, or he was just trying to get some drama going with Jr. Either way. Lame.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #956
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Jason must be very insecure. It was really clear that Junior was just saying that making drawings is not how he personally designs bikes, not that what Jason does is useless.

And I had to roll my eyes at how Jason took some credit for Junior's success. I think it's the other way around.
That was my thing. Jr was simply saying he can't design that way. He has to see it in the real world rather than looking at a picture.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #957
snowjay
40mph couch potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Jason's not winning any fans this season is he?

I do think Jason has some pretty good skilz for being such a goofball. He has progressed quite a bit with the software with the Photo Realistic stuff and the CAD drawings he does for Jim Quinn. Maybe if he didn't ACT like such a doofus people would give him more respect. That whole scene with Jr. made no sense. He was either totally off base, or he was just trying to get some drama going with Jr. Either way. Lame.
I agree with you, Jason seems to be good at what he does. To go as far to say he is an industrial designer, I dunno.

And I don't get what their beef is with going to PJD to look at the roller. Throw around some ideas in real life, maybe even mock stuff up and then send Jason back to his office to blueprint it all for production. I can absolutely see why Jr likes to do things on the lift. I myself am a hands on visual person, looking at something on a screen or in a book is nothing like having it in your hands so you can touch, see, feel in real life. Even the guys at OCC complain about Jason's drawing sometimes in the fact that what he can do on paper cannot be replicated in living 3D space. It's just sad that Sr. can't understand that or even remember when there was no Pohl to draw stuff and he and Paulie built bikes freehand with nothing but their imagination. IMHO those were some of the best bikes back then.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #958
Gerryex

I agree with all of the above comments but I have to say that both JR and SR are foolish to think that they can be in a business relationship again. Their personal relationship has just begun to get better and they take a gigantic leap and think they can be in business together. Here it is only the initial phases of the project and they're fighting just the same as they did before. OBVIOUSLY JR and SR have two very different approaches in how they build bikes and they are both quite successful. But together they only fight.

If they have any smarts at all they should just stop right now, forget about EVER doing buisness together again and go have a family barbecue!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #959
inaka

I was just waiting for Rick and Vinnie to have a meeting with Jr and Sr where they collectively simply say, "Don't go in business together, STFU and go fishing!"

Problem solved.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #960
jeepair

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay View Post
I agree with you, Jason seems to be good at what he does. To go as far to say he is an industrial designer, I dunno.

And I don't get what their beef is with going to PJD to look at the roller. Throw around some ideas in real life, maybe even mock stuff up and then send Jason back to his office to blueprint it all for production. I can absolutely see why Jr likes to do things on the lift. I myself am a hands on visual person, looking at something on a screen or in a book is nothing like having it in your hands so you can touch, see, feel in real life. Even the guys at OCC complain about Jason's drawing sometimes in the fact that what he can do on paper cannot be replicated in living 3D space. It's just sad that Sr. can't understand that or even remember when there was no Pohl to draw stuff and he and Paulie built bikes freehand with nothing but their imagination. IMHO those were some of the best bikes back then.
OCC has to get prior approval from their clients before they can go to work and build their bikes therefore they need Jason to sketch them up. JR on the other hand is given free reign and the clients don't see the bikes until the unveiling.

I like the way JR does things but I do agree somewhat with getting a sketch during the process.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote