TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #91
wbgolfer

Still Rebooting ?????

My Config - Two Series 2 TIVO DVR's- 1 unit with a recent HD upgrade!

I reported random reboots several days ago on this thread.
This is to tell all readers - both my DVR'ss rebooted early this morning - approx 8AM EST.
wbgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #92
Lucymort

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthkavi View Post
In addition to reboots, I'm also seeing partial recordings -- recordings that end early, but not because of reboots. I actually started seeing partial recordings before the reboots started, and wrote them off as an anomaly; but they're more frequent now, and I wonder whether they're related.
This has also happened to me, so you are not alone. I am sure this is related.
Lucymort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #93
thommygeenh

Same rebooting issue here in NH. And as usual, DirectTV is denying there is an issue. Called them 4 times today. Tech Support said if I was "refusing" to do the reformat, then he couldn't help me. He was a supervisor. He refused to even listen regarding all the posts I told him about here. Was burned on this issue before (6.3e) and put out the expense to put in a new hard drive with 6.2 back then, and not interested in getting burned again. Told them if I am forced to "upgrade" to the new tivo, I will be getting service elsewhere. Not the only deal in town. Sick of the run around when there is a problem. Been with them 12 years and thats what I get for loyality. They have been denying there is an issue, actually here since October 18th, but not nearly as bad as it is now. 4 times in the last 24 hours. They could care less about how long it takes to do the reformat, and that I would loose 70+ hours of recordings...that we paid for. No credits offered by any of them. Nothing but when it comes time to upgrade, "we will work with you." Also, I'm not interested in swapping out to an R-22--had 5 R-15's that were swapped out, and each time they extended my contract. Not interested HDTivo box at this time--and being locked into a 2 year contract again. If I have to get locked into a contract, it would be with Verizon Fios at this point. Most frustrating thing is that they deny there is a problem, even with all the complaints on the various forums/blogs. They screwed up the software again, and they deny there is a problem.
thommygeenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #94
imaref

My Directivo rebooted again overnight after rebooting 3 times yesterday. This is getting old.
imaref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #95
ronsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommygeenh View Post
Same rebooting issue here in NH. And as usual, DirectTV is denying there is an issue. Called them 4 times today. Tech Support said if I was "refusing" to do the reformat, then he couldn't help me. He was a supervisor. He refused to even listen regarding all the posts I told him about here. Was burned on this issue before (6.3e) and put out the expense to put in a new hard drive with 6.2 back then, and not interested in getting burned again. Told them if I am forced to "upgrade" to the new tivo, I will be getting service elsewhere. Not the only deal in town. Sick of the run around when there is a problem. Been with them 12 years and thats what I get for loyality. They have been denying there is an issue, actually here since October 18th, but not nearly as bad as it is now. 4 times in the last 24 hours. They could care less about how long it takes to do the reformat, and that I would loose 70+ hours of recordings...that we paid for. No credits offered by any of them. Nothing but when it comes time to upgrade, "we will work with you." Also, I'm not interested in swapping out to an R-22--had 5 R-15's that were swapped out, and each time they extended my contract. Not interested HDTivo box at this time--and being locked into a 2 year contract again. If I have to get locked into a contract, it would be with Verizon Fios at this point. Most frustrating thing is that they deny there is a problem, even with all the complaints on the various forums/blogs. They screwed up the software again, and they deny there is a problem.
The csr I talked to several days ago found the problem in the database right away by looking for "units resetting". They weren't using the term rebooting.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #96
Lucymort

(Non)-Response from Directv Customer Service

Thank you for writing.

I understand how you feel about your DIRECTV TIVO receiver resetting themselves and we are sorry for your interrupted programming experience. Our Broadcast Center is still investigating to resolve this issue. Let me assure you that your service experience is rare and we do not take it lightly. We strive to provide you estimated time to resolve this issue real soon.

For the meantime, we asked for your patience as we work overtime to restore your programming. We have developed advanced technology throughout the years making our state-of-the-art equipment, as well as the television reception on your system highly reliable. Our entertainment system is supported by a vast network of technical and engineering experts who are committed to providing you the best
entertainment experience.

We appreciate your time and continued loyalty to DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Haydee G. - 100394242
DIRECTV Customer Service
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #97
Cathy18

Another sat t-60 rebooting

I have a sat t-60 with the same rebooting problems as everyone else. I just got off the phone with DirecTv. He said it is a known issue that the engineers are working on, but no timeframe for the fix. After doing some research, he also said that they are recommending that I do a full factory reset and that some other customers are reporting that the full reset fixes the problem. Since I don't want to wipe all my data over an issue that they've caused and are working on, I declined. He noted my file and I'll call back later to work on some credits to my account.

At least folks are making enough noise that he recognized it as a known issue.

Last edited by Cathy18 : 11-15-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Typo
Cathy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #98
Lucymort

They are escalating my earlier complaint, since my response was that "real soon" in terms of fixing the problem was the vaguest commitment I had ever received from a customer service department, and that I was going to expect a credit for every day my Tivo was resetting itself randomly. Does lighting a fire underneath them actually help in getting a software patch? I have no experience in this arena prior to now.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #99
surfboy500

Reported to Direct TV that all three of my DirectTivo units have been resetting at the end of the hour at various times during the day. Two units are Philips (740) and one is Hughes (HDVR2). All running 6.4a.
I have preferential support and the agent was polite and apologetic and thanked me for reporting the problem which is listed as "units resetting" in their DB.
Engineers are working on it and we might get a broadcast message when it is fixed.....but no guarantee.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #100
Captain 80s

Getting real bad. Couldn't even get thru a 1/2 hour show off of the NPL in the kitchen. Had to chuckle out loud when I looked at the microwave... 7:55. Went to the Bedroom, "Reset" while watching a different recorded show. Screw this... turned on the WDTV media player so we could actually finish something.
Captain 80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #101
imaref

Another reboot (excuse me--UNIT RESET) this afternoon. I haven't noticed any partial recordings, but will be keeping an eye out for them.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #102
allan
I survived the Mayan

I noticed some partials yesterday. The one I remember had just a couple minutes on the 2nd, probably rebooted/reset at 1:55PM and came back just before 2.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #103
satpro

2:25 pm eastern reboot.
satpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #104
csadoian

SD-DVR40s Resetting

Count me in, my two Hughes SD-DVR40s (upgraded with 160GB hard drives) starting doing the resetting dance around the 8th of November. Like many here I thought it might be my hard drive going bad, but when it affected BOTH of my units I decided to do some searching on the internet and found out others were having the problem.

I was going to wait it out, but the Wife is getting pissed so I called DirecTV today and logged a trouble ticket. The CSR acknowledged they have identified a "resetting issue" with the older Tivos and "were working on it", and escalated my ticket. Hopefully if we all submit trouble tickets the squeaky wheel will get the grease.

My software version (like most of you) is 6.4a-01-2-151.

Chuck
csadoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #105
litzdog911
TechKnow Guide

Do NOT perform a "Reset and Clear Everything" unless you're willing to lose all of your recordings and have a phone connection available to complete the Initial Guided Setup steps.

My DirecTV contacts told me they're working with Tivo and hope to have more information within a few days. Stay tuned.
HR10-250 HD DVR 400GB (v6.4a)
H21-200 HD Receiver
R10 DVR 160GB (v6.4a)
litzdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #106
wbgolfer

Random Rebooting (7:48 PM EST)

My Config - two Series 2 TIVO DVR's onewith a upgraded HD 2010 and the other has the basic HD.

Reported this morning - to DTV CS - they claimno knowledge of problem.

The upgraded unit (HD) just rebooted at6:48 PM EST !!!!

Called DTV CS again - same reply - LLPOF !!

NOTE: As I am writing this post my other DVR just went into a reboot 7:02PM EST -
NOTE2 - I was about to submit post and checked and my first DVR HD upgrade) has just gone into a reboot - so BOTH are no rebooting !!!
wbgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #107
newswatcher

I emailed the CEO's office last night and low and behold I got not one but two phone calls today from the DIRECTV Customer Advocate Team (Lisa). We are playing phone tag now, but, ironically as I was calling them after school today (I am a teacher) my TiVo rebooted at 3:48pm PST. More to follow. Want to "vent" to a higher level? Call 1-866-785-5536. BTW, my TiVo just rebooted again (twice in 12-minutes) as I type this. And I got a "Satellite Info Error" then back to "Directv Central." Really sick of this!!

Again, DTV Customer Advocate Team:

1-866-785-5536

or email them at:
CustAdvocFollowUp@directv.com

Call 'em...they are on Mountain Time so it is now 5:02pm there now, 4:02pm PST, and so on...

Hughes SD-DVR40 v6.4a (1TB Upgrade) living room)
Hughes SD-DVR40 v6.4a (bedroom)

Last edited by newswatcher : 11-15-2012 at 06:14 PM.
newswatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #108
lmv

joined the resetting club

Have had the problem over the last few days and it just reset again at 5:55pm MT. Sent an email to Directv just to add my voice to the dialog. It has been happening here in Colorado on my equipment 1x a day for 3-4 days. I do remember it happening a couple of years ago and then it just stopped. I don't have a landline so no way to update for the last few years. Glad to know it isn't my equipment!!
Directv Tivo R10
Series2
R52180
SW VERSION 6.4a01-2-521
--------------------
Submitted email to Directv from their web site
Customer By Web Form () - 11/15/2012 05:23 PM
As a VERY LONGTIME customer I wanted to lodge my complaint about my unit resetting. There are many that are having this problem. It started a few days ago and just reset again 5:55pm for no reason. I understand you are working on the problem according to other online tivocommunity.com/tivo sources so I will be patient while you figure it out. (Like you did a couple of years ago when we had a similar problem.) If it gets too annoying I'll let you know.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email - 11/15/2012 06:24 PM
Dear Mr. and Mrs. -------

Thank you for writing. I am sorry to hear that your receiver is resetting itself.

An issue has been reported wherein customers DIRECTV TiVo receivers are resetting themselves 2 times a day. In our efforts to continuously provide a world-class entertainment experience, we have developed advanced technology throughout the years. While we do not have any specific date or time as to when will the problem be resolved, please be assured that instances like this seldom happens, and if it does, we are equipped with knowledge and procedures to make sure we fix it at the soonest possible time.

We are glad you are one of our loyal customers, Mr. and Mrs.---------- Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,
----
DIRECTV Customer Service

my reset log
11/15/12 5:55p MT
11/16/12 4:12a / 4:22 finished
11/16/12 3:55 / killed power had to pull plug to reboot
11/16 8:25p /8:35 finished
11/17 around 4AM only know because channel was changed to DTV
11/18 6:45p / 6:55 A&E / ABC
11/18 7:55p /8:04 stuck at 85% 8:08 stuck at 10% force restart w/ reset button
11/19 6:35a

Last edited by lmv : 11-19-2012 at 07:41 AM.
lmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #109
bgreen5
Lion mauled my Mac

TC CLUB MEMBER
Same issue here on Hughes HDVR2. Started happening around November 9 here also.

After trying to diagnose this as a hardware issue, I stumbled across this thread last night.

Something interesting I'm seeing...

When the reboot strikes, I find the following under "System Information":

DIRECTV Account Status: Account Closed / Call 1-800-DIRECTV
DVR Service Level: Q:-
Services/Features: DVR service: Inactive

During the times when the receiver is behaving (fewer and far between now):

DIRECTV Account Status: Account in Good Standing
DVR Service Level: P:-
Services/Features: DVR service: Active

Anyone else seeing similar?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #110
newswatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgreen5 View Post

After trying to diagnose this as a hardware issue, I stumbled across this thread last night.

Didn't notice that, I'll look next time...

Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #111
imaref

9:10PM reboot. Sigh.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #112
cutt
lurker

this is ridiculous, reset frequency increasing
cutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #113
Lucymort

Mine only seems to reboot at night. Then, it can't ever acquire the information from the satellite on the first try. Really, really annoying.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #114
tobyjug

Quote:

My 2 Series 1 Sony SAT T60's are also showing Account Closed while reacquiring satellite after a reboot, but changes to account on good standing on acquisition

Tobyjug
tobyjug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #115
bgreen5
Lion mauled my Mac

TC CLUB MEMBER
I finally put in my first call to DTV about 20 minutes ago, mainly to help increase the "affected" count in their system.

Not having the energy to vent at this point, my tone was polite, calm and matter-of-fact. To save myself from any vain attempts at being walked thru a useless troubleshooting script and the potential of a guided setup data wipeout, I immediately stated I was one of those affected by a known service issue and had become informed of the issue through online complaints by others.

I asked the CSR to search her database for "units resetting", and if there were any status updates.

She did acknowledge that she found the issue logged, but as for status: the engineers were still "working on it."

Two things struck me as abundantly clear:

1) The CSR could not have been more ambivalent. No apologies, no sympathy, no offers of service credits, etc. No "smile" in her voice (feigned or otherwise).

2) Something... some comment in the issue log, or some "script" guidance... prompted her to ask me if I had considered upgrading to the "new HD TiVo". There was no "natural" or "curious" or "helpful impulse" about her tone: she was clearly following a prescribed dialog... as if this were the target remedy.

(I replied that I was "aware" of its availability but that NONE of my equipment is HD-capable... old dish, old CRT TV, etc... and that I couldn't really afford to upgrade everything right now.)

Coupled with the new message that just showed up on my receiver today ("TiVo is Back!"), this certainly feels like a squeeze play.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #116
CR139
TiVo User Since 2002

Just joined today. My DSR6000 (ver. 3.5d) started resetting (rebooting) last Thursday, also. Called DTV today. Their first comment was to offer a new DVR. I informed them that I was happy with my DVR and I wanted to know how to stop the resetting problem. Not much help, but the SR said they would run a test on my DVR in the next 5 days. The DVR is now resetting 4 to 6 times per day. Tonight, 2 of the resets were 30 minutes apart. Hope they find a fix soon.
CR139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #117
Smee

Good gosh,

I am having the same issue on all 5 of my Tivo's. On reboot, they can't complete the acquiring satellite sequence. I am going to have to give them a call. Wish there was a way to look through the guide data in mfs to troubleshoot it ourselves.

Smee
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #118
RedmondSteve

Quote:

I suggest sending this info o the DTV Customer Advocate Team at the email address that newswatcher found. It may help give their engineers a clue.

(I would have included the email address, but I don't have the required number of post = street cred. :-) )
RedmondSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #119
newswatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmondSteve View Post
I suggest sending this info o the DTV Customer Advocate Team at the email address that newswatcher found. It may help give their engineers a clue.

(I would have included the email address, but I don't have the required number of post = street cred. :-) )
DTV Customer Advocate Team:

1-866-785-5536

or email them at:
CustAdvocFollowUp@directv.com

This is the original address/person I sent my email (FYI):

Chief Executive Officer:

mike.white@directv.com

Last edited by newswatcher : 11-15-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #120
mystrwizard

Older Hughes DVR SD rebooting couple times a day

Thought maybe it was over heating or HD failing but my son kept telling me it was shutting down and restarting. Found this forum and guess Im not the only one. has worked perfect for years up to about a week or two ago.
mystrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote