Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Hank
AC•FTW

Homeland S2E7 " The Clearing" 11/11/12

Great episode except for one thing that's driving me mad:

There's no possible way that Saul would leave Aileen alone in the room, unwatched with his satchel, pens, eye-glasses, and whatever other classified information he had in there. There's just no way he would do that.

Especially after Brody slipped that guy a tiny razor blade and he killed himself, Saul, a CIA legend knows proper protocol like that. Sure, give her some contraband bread, cheese, and even some wine (which is very unlikely, but I'll let that go)... but seriously --- he would know she's a suicide risk like the rest of them.

Also, Carrie sure seems to appear to be back working as a CIA Agent, even though she was never re-instated. She has no credentials or clearance, but she sure can get anywhere and everywhere she needs to.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
astrohip
Stuart F

Thanks for starting this, I was >< this close to doing it when your thread popped up.

Did Saul leave all his stuff in the room? I thought he simply left his extra reading glasses with her. Realizing too late, of course, what she intended to do with them.

Wondered about Carrie's work status myself. OTOH, she is 100% right all the time, they need her back. Maybe done on the QT.

One thing that will come back to haunt Brody. He told his wife that Carrie was *not* his handler, that she didn't even work at the CIA any more. I thought that was a poor lie at the time, and yep... how long before someone mentions that they were seen together?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Did Saul leave all his stuff in the room? I thought he simply left his extra reading glasses with her. Realizing too late, of course, what she intended to do with them.
He did the first couple of times when he went to talk to the warden. Maybe not the last time when he just left the glasses, but he was gone long enough for her to find several possible things with which she could have killed herself later, even if he didn't leave her the glasses.

I also thought Brody's wife was going to find/see them making out in the woods, but that is pretty formulaic for TV.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
While on "The Jonathan Ross Show," "Homeland" star Damian Lewis revealed that they sent Obama a signed DVD set, with each star adding a personal flavor to their signature.

"Claire Danes had written something really lovely and sweet saying, 'I was a fan of yours long before you were a fan of ours,'" Lewis said. Then he started racking his brain for what he should write. "I went, 'From one Muslim to another' in an indelible Sharpie. I couldn't take it back."

Lewis said he was writing emails for the next week, hoping the president understood his joke. Watch the clip below.

Damian Lewis Interview on The Jonathan Ross Show
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Did Aileen get a life sentence in solitary for terrorism when she didn't carry out anything? She only helped buy a house. I guess that the 20th hijacker Moussawi got life and he didn't do anything either.

Which reminds: What was the plan for Tom Walker there? He was going to take a shot at Marine One AND do the other shot? The VP wouldn't have been a target at Marine One and Brody already had the suicide vest plot.

Didn't you think that Finn was going to try to kill Dana to keep her quiet? Push her into the pool?

How does a teenager show up on her own at a family funeral without explaining herself? Imagine if Brody won offcie again, "HEY! There's THAT GIRL!"

Dana can spill the beans in more way than one. She only has to tell Mom that crazy CIA lady was at the PD and Brody is cooked after telling Jess that Carrie had nothing to do with it. Besides which Dana can still talk tot he cops at school or elsewhere. Dana can also spill about Brody the muslin.

With the witness, how hard would it be for the DC cops to find the hit and run car, even without a license plate? You suppose there are more than 5 new silver Mercedes 500SL(?) in all of DC? Then find out from the Secret Service (or not) on CCTV cameras that Finn was on the road in the area.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
john4200

Quote:
"I went, 'From one Muslim to another' in an indelible Sharpie. I couldn't take it back."
That's hilarious.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
That's hilarious.
"Four more years! Thank Allah!"
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
stellie93

That was great--thanks for the link. Another Brit! I didn't know that. Who seems more like an average american guy than him? I wonder if Obama laughed.

I definitely thought the kid was going to kill Dana--or her Dad if he didn't. So is Brody going to have to give up his seat in congress when this is all over, or is it all going to be swept under the rug if possible? He's ok with that, but not with Dana's crime being hidden.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
squint

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Didn't you think that Finn was going to try to kill Dana to keep her quiet? Push her into the pool?
I thought she was going to have a horseback riding accident since they had talked about it earlier.

Quote:
Then find out from the Secret Service (or not) on CCTV cameras that Finn was on the road in the area.
Most CCTV footage is lousy quality, particularly at night.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
That was great--thanks for the link. Another Brit! I didn't know that. Who seems more like an average american guy than him? I wonder if Obama laughed.
I'll bet that Obama did laugh. Imagine if he had done some similar joke with The Queen.

You didn't see the pre-season behind the scenes where Damian says, "I'm going to do the rest of this interview in a fake British accent."

What's scary is how well these Brits can do an American accent. Idres Elba traveled around New York and Baltimore practicing his until a bus driver said, "Man! Where you from?"

Damian has some tuning to do on picking an American region. the only flaw I can remember is when he said, "You think I'm AL KAY DA?" I suppose he thought that was Midwest, but we still say AL KIGH DA. I wonder if he has a dialog coach. You'd think the director would have had him change that, but the director liked it.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
With the witness, how hard would it be for the DC cops to find the hit and run car, even without a license plate? You suppose there are more than 5 new silver Mercedes 500SL(?) in all of DC? Then find out from the Secret Service (or not) on CCTV cameras that Finn was on the road in the area.
I thought it was a BMW 3-series.

Good episode. Nothing to outrageous like the commando attack last episode or the hit-and-run in the previous one. And I like how they're dealing with the hit-and-run. It's very realistic that the jaded politicians would want to sweep it under the rug to protect themselves, while Dana and Jess would be appalled by that.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I thought it was a BMW 3-series.

Good episode. Nothing to outrageous like the commando attack last episode or the hit-and-run in the previous one. And I like how they're dealing with the hit-and-run. It's very realistic that the jaded politicians would want to sweep it under the rug to protect themselves, while Dana and Jess would be appalled by that.
I agree that it's a BMW, but a series 5
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
billypritchard
Embiggener

So, episode 7 of each season must have Brody and Carrie making out in the woods.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
mooseAndSquirrel

I found this the slowest, least interesting episode in the series. Is C4 that hard to come by, that you would have a mega-shoot out with the CIA? And a lot of time spent with the federal prisoner to go nowhere but showcase Saul's incompetence. Still love the show, but this episode meandered for me.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
I found this the slowest, least interesting episode in the series. Is C4 that hard to come by, that you would have a mega-shoot out with the CIA? And a lot of time spent with the federal prisoner to go nowhere but showcase Saul's incompetence. Still love the show, but this episode meandered for me.
I think the Saul storyline was meant to contrast with various other plotlines. Aileen was a comparison to Brody, in that she was in prison with barely a view of the outside, while he was outside but still in a prison of sorts that he can't break out of. It also let us see that perhaps Saul simply has a soft spot for damaged/broken women, and his trust in Carrie has been vindicated but in Aileen it obviously wasn't.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
He did the first couple of times when he went to talk to the warden. Maybe not the last time when he just left the glasses, but he was gone long enough for her to find several possible things with which she could have killed herself later, even if he didn't leave her the glasses.
Are we 100% sure that Saul did not leave them on purpose? I can't remember where he was when the first prisoner offed himself under their watch (where Brody was suspected). Also keep in mind that Saul talked openly to Aileen about his wife and where he wanted to retire - bonding or telling her he is with 'them.'
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Did Aileen get a life sentence in solitary for terrorism when she didn't carry out anything? She only helped buy a house. I guess that the 20th hijacker Moussawi got life and he didn't do anything either.
Aiding and abetting, and providing funding for a terrorist, remember Abu Nazir is sort of a Bin Laden surrogate, so they would really throw the book at her
Quote:
Which reminds: What was the plan for Tom Walker there? He was going to take a shot at Marine One AND do the other shot? The VP wouldn't have been a target at Marine One and Brody already had the suicide vest plot.
I think that was just misdirection on Nazir's part (or maybe another plot entirely, maybe they were going to take down an airliner at another time), remember when the CIA was hearing chatter about Marine one, they thought it referred to the Presidential helicopter, but to Nazir's people it was the code for Brody
Quote:

How does a teenager show up on her own at a family funeral without explaining herself? Imagine if Brody won offcie again, "HEY! There's THAT GIRL!"
I doubt they'd make the association, in a situation like that context is everything, remember she told the victim's daughter her father was a doctor. I had a bunch of people come up to me at my father's funeral that I know I"d never met before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
I agree that it's a BMW, but a series 5
I think it is a 6 series.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #18
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

They had a plan involving the house that got spoiled in Season 1. We never really found out what the plan was.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
teknikel

Quote:
Was it DC, VA or MD plates?

teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
bobino

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_HB View Post
Are we 100% sure that Saul did not leave them on purpose? I can't remember where he was when the first prisoner offed himself under their watch (where Brody was suspected). Also keep in mind that Saul talked openly to Aileen about his wife and where he wanted to retire - bonding or telling her he is with 'them.'
Actually, he doesn't leave them. When he leaves the room, the guard collects everything. She is wearing the glasses, looks at the guard and pushes them up her nose with a look "Am I really going to get away with this?"

They don't allow her to have reading glasses because she is on suicide watch. She hints at this when she says her eyes are in such bad shape that the daily trip to the library is useless since she can't read.

-Bob
bobino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Wow. quite a leap!
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobino View Post
Actually, he doesn't leave them. When he leaves the room, the guard collects everything. She is wearing the glasses, looks at the guard and pushes them up her nose with a look "Am I really going to get away with this?"
That was the last time.. but he left the room several times before that leaving all his stuff at the table.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #23
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
I think it is a 6 series.
I'm sure it wasn't a 6 series. I thought it was a 3 also. What was the date of the episode with his car? I'll see if my RD folder still has it.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
Hank
AC•FTW

I've owned both a 3 and 5 series.

My bet is 3 series, although I really wasn't watching that closely. It was surely a BMW, though.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

It was a BMW 3.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
It was a BMW 3.
I stand corrected, never had a BMW.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
It was a BMW 3.
A 328i to be exact. I went back and found the deleted episode.