TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
rarceneaux

Lost Details on Banner

Just this week I lost the details under the banner. I can use the right arrow and move through but on the next channel its back to just the banner and no details. What am I doing wrong where I can't save the setting so it will show details on every channel with out using the right arrow?
rarceneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
mattack

A similar issue.. when I start playing a show, it seems like you have to wait several seconds before you can right arrow to see the details of the show (e.g. the name).. the banner will be at the bottom before then.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarceneaux View Post
Just this week I lost the details under the banner. I can use the right arrow and move through but on the next channel its back to just the banner and no details. What am I doing wrong where I can't save the setting so it will show details on every channel with out using the right arrow?
Same here. Started after the update, so I assumed it was part of it. I don't like the change, as there was nothing wrong with it before. And there is no way to set it back; it's the new small banner only.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
moyekj

Personally I wish there was an option for no banner at all when starting playback of a show. The "clear banner quickly" setting doesn't work when 1st starting playback as it seems the banner sticks around forever. Don't really care about channel changing as I don't care about live TV very much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Personally I wish there was an option for no banner at all when starting playback of a show. The "clear banner quickly" setting doesn't work when 1st starting playback as it seems the banner sticks around forever. Don't really care about channel changing as I don't care about live TV very much.
Just hit PLAY a 2nd time quickly, and all banners and timelines go *poof*. Instantly.

It only took my 10 years to figure this out.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Just hit PLAY a 2nd time quickly, and all banners and timelines go *poof*. Instantly.

It only took my 10 years to figure this out.
Good tip, thanks! I previously was using clear button, but with thumb already on play that is much easier.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote