TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Durkis007

Fios and 3D Tv

Hello All...

I just got off the phone with Fios here in NJ. I wanted to add the 3D ESPN Channel. I was told by the rep that I was unable to get the channel, because they required I have their HD box. This makes no sense? He said it doesn't work with cable card.

Has anyone else received this bogus information from FIOS ?

Thanks !
Durkis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Nope. It works fine here, and I didn't have to ask for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Durkis007

Wow... They are telling me its 9.99 per month too boot.

And the funny thing is, I remember when the Olympics were on this past summer, before we had the new 3d tv, my wife asked me what was wrong with one of the channels that it was blurry. I told her that's the 3D channel for the games.

So I know it works, as it came through with the the premier.

I just went to the Verizon web site, and processed the order over the internet, instead of over the phone. Lets see if it goes through.

Last edited by Durkis007 : 11-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
ah30k

Works fine here on the S3. Available channels and pricing vary by region.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k View Post
Works fine here on the S3. Available channels and pricing vary by region.
Not much, really. Fios has one of the most unified lineups and pricing structures for a national TV provider, because they started as a single system, whereas most of the big cable companies were cobbled together out of small locals. The exception is in the New York/New Jersey areas where they compete with Cablevision (IIRC), where Fios is a little cheaper than it is elsewhere.

In this case, I think I'm getting ESPN3D as part of the Ultimate bundle, and the folks paying extra are in a lower package.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 11-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Durkis007

Yes, We only have the extreme package, one step up is the ultimate. We pay with two cable cards and sales tax $107 and change. They renewed our initial 2 year agreement, at the 85 bucks or so, plus the cards and tax for an additional two years this past september, so im covered with this low rate till sept 2014.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkis007 View Post
Yes, We only have the extreme package, one step up is the ultimate. We pay with two cable cards and sales tax $107 and change. They renewed our initial 2 year agreement, at the 85 bucks or so, plus the cards and tax for an additional two years this past september, so im covered with this low rate till sept 2014.
Here is the URL for the various plans. Extreme includes ESPN3d, which works fine ( as all 3d cable TV does ) with Tivo Cablecard.

http://www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#plans

It appears that you do need FIOS box in order to order NFL redzone. There does not seem to be a reason except that is the only way to order the channel. It works fine on Tivo Cablecard, but you can't order from Tivo.

I have a FIOS box to support on-demand and this sort of thing.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Quake97

ESPN3D works fine without a FiOS box. Been there, done that.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
Durkis007

So I called Fios back this morning after I received a confirmation email about my new order for ESPN3D... The status page said service would be turned on November 29 !!! ???? Thats crazy.

note... As of this morning the channel still shows up on the Tivo as not subscribed.

On the phone call the guy told me that they put the 29th date, but the HD set top box they insisted I needed would be mailed sooner. I asked why I still do not have signal on the channel, he then went on to say they the channel wont go active till the new box is plugged in and activated. Once this happens the order is finalized and the channel is turned on.

This sounds crazy to me. But who knows. I will wait for this set top box, and see what happens. If it works I will be sure to bring the box back.