Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Once Upon a Time - S2E07 - "Child of the Moon"

Hmmmm... please tell me I'm wrong. Last season, in the flashback episodes, when Red killed Peter and the hood was finally thrown on her, she wasn't wearing any clothes as they had ripped off during her transformation into the wolf. This season, Red transforms, breaks out of the meat locker, hides in the forest, and wakes up in her clothes. For that reason alone, I thought she was set up... someone broke open the meat locker, made it look like a wolf had done it, gassed Red, and carried her out to the forest so it looked like she had become a wolf when she really didn't (they didn't know what would happen on the first full moon). I hope I'm remembering last season wrong.

Poor Red. "I'm not a killer!" as she stood over the body of her mother that she stabbed with the whatever that pointy thing was.

I honestly don't understand why Red had such a problem in current times. She accepted being the wolf in the past, knows how it felt. Did she forget all about that?

I hope we find out why Granny lied to Red. I figure it's because Granny knew that her mother had become a werewolf, and didn't want Red to join the pack.

So the town is up in arms, torches, and pitchforks, riled up by the King, ready to kill Red. Charming saves the day and spirits Red away in the cruiser. Then what does Red do? She chucks the hood and decides to become the wolf for the rest of the night! I hope everyone really believes that she's not dangerous: those pitchforks are still handy.

Ah, Henry and his magic freebie from Rumpelstiltskin. Definitely going to be a way to communicate between worlds. Good thing the time zones line up and Henry and Aurora are both asleep at the same time. So, are there really flames there? Henry seemed to be burned by them, but when he got the charm, he stood there like they weren't there. Odd.

To me, an odd episode all the way around. Good but odd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
dtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I hope we find out why Granny lied to Red. I figure it's because Granny knew that her mother had become a werewolf, and didn't want Red to join the pack.
How much do we know about Granny? Given her "abilities", maybe she's really Red's Granny, also a Child of the Moon?
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
mdougie

Quote:
Poor Red. "I'm not a killer!" as she stood over the body of her mother that she stabbed with the whatever that pointy thing was.
Yeah that was really pretty sad.

I am not a killer as she caused the death of her mother. As for Granny I think she is actually Red's grandmother who had a falling out with her daughter, and trying to protect her.

The dream thing turn out far differently than I expected so far. I figured it was Reginas mother behind the dreams letting them know the terror to come.

I love the show and snow looked much better the entire episode.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I don't think Red stabbed Mom (how could she, in wolf form?)...she just knocked her away from Snow, and Mom fell on the pointy thing.

It wasn't blocked very clearly, but that's the only way that makes sense to me.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
JYoung
Series 3

My only complaint is that David was pretty dumb to leave the hat where Spencer could get it.

(I am liking the David/Henry scenes though.)

I also noticed Ruby's clothes transformed as well and I don't remember them doing so last season either.

Perhaps the Mouse Bosses had the producers tone things down.
One thing I have noticed is that Ruby is dressing less like a trollop this season.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Speaking of Red, there has been a lot of people getting stuck on the fact that the Queen is prettier than Snow, but let's face facts, Red has them both beat.

Belle is no slouch either.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Yes, I found that line to be very ironic. But effective dialogue has never been this show's strong suit.

Quote:
So the town is up in arms, torches, and pitchforks, riled up by the King, ready to kill Red. Charming saves the day and spirits Red away in the cruiser. Then what does Red do? She chucks the hood and decides to become the wolf for the rest of the night! I hope everyone really believes that she's not dangerous: those pitchforks are still handy.
The thing I found unbelieveable was David showed up just as King George is about to shoot the wolf. Then David gives them some line about how King George set her up, but provides no evidence. So then the angry mob just stands there for several minutes while David inches his way toward the wolf? Really? They would accept his story without any evidence and then go completely passive while they wait to see if the wolf is going to attack him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Speaking of Red, there has been a lot of people getting stuck on the fact that the Queen is prettier than Snow, but let's face facts, Red has them both beat.

Belle is no slouch either.
Yes, Red definitely has them beat. Belle, on the other hand, is looking quite plump. I googled to see if Emilie de Ravin is pregnant in real life, but couldn't find anything.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
ct1

The Queen is the fairest of them all.
ct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
The thing I found unbelieveable was David showed up just as King George is about to shoot the wolf. Then David gives them some line about how King George set her up, but provides no evidence. So then the angry mob just stands there for several minutes while David inches his way toward the wolf? Really? They would accept his story without any evidence and then go completely passive while they wait to see if the wolf is going to attack him?
Well, they know and trust Charming, and they could see that he believed what he was saying enough to risk his life on it. So what do they have to lose by letting him try? If the wolf attacks, then they can shoot. Until then, they can just let the only leader they have (Regina is still around, but nobody trusts her) deal with it.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, they know and trust Charming, and they could see that he believed what he was saying enough to risk his life on it. So what do they have to lose by letting him try? If the wolf attacks, then they can shoot. Until then, they can just let the only leader they have (Regina is still around, but nobody trusts her) deal with it.
Just didn't seem to be in character for an angry, pitchfork/torch-wielding mob to act rationally and with restraint.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Just didn't seem to be in character for an angry, pitchfork/torch-wielding mob to act rationally and with restraint.
Maybe Charming has some magic power of super charisma/persuasiveness?
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Maybe Charming has some magic power of super charisma/persuasiveness?
Maybe it was just in the script?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
My only complaint is that David was pretty dumb to leave the hat where Spencer could get it.
Who did he give the hat to at the beginning of the episode, for safekeeping? Hmmmm....

And of course, how do we know that was really THE hat in the fire? I would have expected some puff of smoke or wisp of magic from an artifact that powerful, even if it's been through the wringer.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1 View Post
The Queen is the fairest of them all.
Regina still gets my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
One thing I have noticed is that Ruby is dressing less like a trollop this season.
Too bad, she looks pretty good as a trollop.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:

And of course, how do we know that was really THE hat in the fire? I would have expected some puff of smoke or wisp of magic from an artifact that powerful, even if it's been through the wringer.
I'm betting it survived the fire.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Ereth

How do we know it really was Ruby's mom? I mean, you get taken to a village of strangers and the leader says "No, I'm your mom" and you immediately believe her? Why?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
How do we know it really was Ruby's mom? I mean, you get taken to a village of strangers and the leader says "No, I'm your mom" and you immediately believe her? Why?
Because they both had a big hair do!!!
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Mom had quite the long face there and reminded me of Robin Antin and I could not get past it. All that bother to find a mom only to have her and the Quinn (?) wolf guy dead- what was the point?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Mom had quite the long face there and reminded me of Robin Antin and I could not get past it. All that bother to find a mom only to have her and the Quinn (?) wolf guy dead- what was the point?
Not sure who Robin Antin is, but the mother was played by Jami Gertz.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Not sure who Robin Antin is, but the mother was played by Jami Gertz.
You would think so, wouldn't you? I certainly did.

But actually, it was Annabeth Gish.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Backstory for Red. "Not a killer", but has killed quite a few, including her own mother.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
You would think so, wouldn't you? I certainly did.

But actually, it was Annabeth Gish.
Wow, really? I thought it was Jami Gertz so I pulled up her IMDb page while watching the ep. The pic looked identical, so I just assumed it was.

The cast for this episode hadn't been updated yet to include who played the mother.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I know exactly what you mean.

http://abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/102212_13.html