TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Burn Notice Fall 2-hour premier SPOILERS

Looks like a "semi-reboot" -- they torched the loft, Madeline is moving out, and they killed Card (who I thought was going to be the "Big Baddie" for this season). It'll be interesting if they go in a different direction or if they just line everything up within the new reality.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Cainebj

Burn Notice is always on a semi-reboot.

Each bad guy is simply replaced by a new bad guy.
I still watch but the repetition is making it not must see TV.

I was sorry to see the loft go and what's that say?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
secondclaw

I live in South Florida and followed filming of the show for a while. They used to shoot by Hollywood beach where I live. If I remember correctly, the studio rented out abandoned convention center property in Coral Gables, where Michaels loft was set up. A few years ago local government got greedy and decided to increase substantially rental of this property. At the time production company agreed, but I wonder if the contract is over and they decided to move out.
secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

No it's not as good as it used to be, but it's still a fun show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondclaw View Post
I live in South Florida and followed filming of the show for a while. They used to shoot by Hollywood beach where I live. If I remember correctly, the studio rented out abandoned convention center property in Coral Gables, where Michaels loft was set up. A few years ago local government got greedy and decided to increase substantially rental of this property. At the time production company agreed, but I wonder if the contract is over and they decided to move out.
i'm pretty sure they moved in before the explosion

is michael shanks dead..id like him back as the bad guy

who is gonna rescue the gang now without mom close by? or will mike have to go up north to help her out i wonder.

finally someone actualy kills someone...was hoping he would put a bullet in his head vs actually working for him

so why did mike always sleep on the 1st floor of his place vs up in that loft?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Are they leaving Miami entirely?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Didja notice that Card said,

"It was a glitch."

You gotta bet that was an inside joke / tribute. Too bad they didn't call him Bob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobs.jpg (31.3 KB, 114 views)
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
newsposter
Poster of News

we hadnt see much of the dance club below but i hope no one was injured in the blast

so is this really filmed in miami in its entirety?

!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
we hadnt see much of the dance club below but i hope no one was injured in the blast
It was a fire.

Quote:
so is this really filmed in miami in its entirety?
Yep. It was.

It looks like Sharon is leaving for sure. Look for them to kill off Jesse to save further on payroll.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
JMikeD

Quote:
I have a hazy recollection of reading something earlier this year about the property undergoing some redevelopment, so the studio lost the access to the site. I think maybe there was also something about the (influential?) neighbors getting tired of the eyesore.

Or not.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
It was a fire.

Yep. It was.

It looks like Sharon is leaving for sure. Look for them to kill off Jesse to save further on payroll.
i thought they put one thing on the bed and somewhere else and it did explode..maybe i'm confusing with the opening explosion of the fighter jets

!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
i thought they put one thing on the bed and somewhere else and it did explode..maybe i'm confusing with the opening explosion of the fighter jets
They had set a few incendiary devices...and they were way too casual about getting out.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
I doubt Sharon is leaving, she may have a reduced role, but my guess that is her wish not necessarily the producers. They don't need to cut payroll as IIRC this is the highest rated show on basic cable so they can get good ad rates and also it has been syndicated, I just caught a rebroadcast of the premier on one of my local channels (wherein they bleeped the word "bitchy" -- both in the intro and at the point in the episode that the intro clip was cribbed from). They are about to hit the 100 episode mark, which means that they can go into "5 nights a week" syndication.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
secondclaw

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/0...xtra-year.html
Quote:
The television show Burn Notice can spend another year in the old Coconut Grove Convention Center — but only if the producers blow up the building
I guess that's the reason for the boom ...

Quote:
Are they leaving Miami entirely?

secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #15
newsposter
Poster of News

great now we know how the show ends lol

!