TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #4351
mattack

I realized I probably have to manually enter my MAK.. Just like I did for the TiVo iPhone app.

Sorry, seems kind of silly that since all machines already have the same network, that it would "know" they all have the same MAK. I *guess* you could use kmttg & the Tivo app at separate houses for example.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #4352
mattack

Nope, there's only one spot for a MAK in the prefs... So why can't I download from my Premiere 4?

>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/NBC Nightly News/10_19_2012 .mpg ...
"/usr/bin/curl" --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar "/tmp/cookie516409951387170970.tmp" --url "http://192.168.11.13:80/download/NBC%20Nightly%20News.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=28002" | "/Applications/kmttg_v0p8m/tivodecode/tivodecode" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/NBC Nightly News/10_19_2012 .mpg" -
Download failed to file: /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/NBC Nightly News/10_19_2012 .mpg
Exit code: 9
Encryption by QUALCOMM

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 158 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 158
0 31 0 31 0 0 150 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 51 0 51 0 0 173 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 173
read chunk data: Undefined error: 0
seek: Undefined error: 0
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #4353
moyekj

@mattack, several things to try:
1. reboot TiVo
2. disable combined download/decrypt
3. enable java downloads
4. download with a browser

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #4354
moyekj

v0p8v version released

New version released with some fixes and updates.
Consult release_notes for details.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #4355
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Using v0p8v, and found that while transferring a show, and refreshing the PL on the same Tivo at the same time, will slow the transfer down to as low as .1 mpbs. The transfer resumes after the PL job is done.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #4356
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
@mattack, several things to try:
1. reboot TiVo
2. disable combined download/decrypt
3. enable java downloads
4. download with a browser
Have you used it with multiple Tivos? So I did reboot the Tivo (I tried some of the others before rebooting it, and after).

This is with the newest released version..

It seems like it isn't actually filling in my MAK for *EITHER* Tivo now..

>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg ...
/Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg" -
/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg: size=263.95 MB elapsed=0:01:38 (22.59 Mbps)
Download failed to file: /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg
Exit code: -1
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File

See -mak MAK showing up. The MAK is definitely set correctly in the prefs.

Also, I have only 48 shows on my Premiere 4, but it got the now playing list REALLY slowly, 12 or so at a time.

So now I'm not sure if I can successfully download from EITHER Tivo.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #4357
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Do you have "Download and decrypt at the same time" enabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Have you used it with multiple Tivos? So I did reboot the Tivo (I tried some of the others before rebooting it, and after).

This is with the newest released version..

It seems like it isn't actually filling in my MAK for *EITHER* Tivo now..

>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg ...
/Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg" -
/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg: size=263.95 MB elapsed=0:01:38 (22.59 Mbps)
Download failed to file: /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Robot Chicken/10_22_2012 Disemboweled by an Orphan .mpg
Exit code: -1
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File

See -mak MAK showing up. The MAK is definitely set correctly in the prefs.

Also, I have only 48 shows on my Premiere 4, but it got the now playing list REALLY slowly, 12 or so at a time.

So now I'm not sure if I can successfully download from EITHER Tivo.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #4358
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Do you have "Download and decrypt at the same time" enabled?
I *didn't* (upon trying some of the steps above), but turned it back on, and turned OFF java downloads.. and it seems to be working now..

Weird. (Because I'm 99% positive I was using this _same_ setup initially.. But the Tivo was giving back weird errors at one point -- 503 after I switched to javadownload I saw that.. Then rebooted it today..)
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #4359
moyekj

FYI, the message window deliberately replaces your real 10 digit MAK with "MAK" to protect posters in forums such as this from unintentionally revealing it.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #4360
Test

When I download, decrypt & encode (using hb tivo hd same res), the file created is half the size (great), but it takes FOREVER to transfer back to a TiVo for viewing later.

Is there a better encode option for storing on a pc/mac & transferring back to a TiVo in HD?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #4361
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Is there a better encode option for storing on a pc/mac & transferring back to a TiVo in HD?
Yes.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #4362
lrhorer

OK, I've had my fun beinhg a smart-ass for the day. The best answer is there are plenty of discussions on the board concerning coding for a TiVo.

If you are strictly pulling videos, then the only supported formats are both MPEG-II coding: .mpg and .TiVo.

If you are pushing videos, h.264 in a .mp4 containder with AAC (stereo only) or up to 5.1 AC3 audio at 384 Kbps is also supported. These are not only usually significantly smaller than MPEG-II files, they also transfer much, much faster with no transcoding.

(Come to think of it, I've never tried to push a .TiVo file. I don't know whether it will work, or not.)
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #4363
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
OK, I've had my fun beinhg a smart-ass for the day. The best answer is there are plenty of discussions on the board concerning coding for a TiVo.

If you are strictly pulling videos, then the only supported formats are both MPEG-II coding: .mpg and .TiVo.

If you are pushing videos, h.264 in a .mp4 containder with AAC (stereo only) or up to 5.1 AC3 audio at 384 Kbps is also supported. These are not only usually significantly smaller than MPEG-II files, they also transfer much, much faster with no transcoding.

(Come to think of it, I've never tried to push a .TiVo file. I don't know whether it will work, or not.)
Thanks ill look for a profile that matches that
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #4364
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Thanks ill look for a profile that matches that
hb tivo hd profile is already compatible. The key is you have to PUSH to your TiVo using pyTivo, not PULL. Push means using pyTivo webserver to initiate a push (or indirectly via kmttg). If you PULL it will transcode back to mpeg2 which is very slow and will be much larger than the mp4 file size.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #4365
Jimf1234

I have been a member for quite awhile but just got a new macbook pro and I'm having this issue.

>> DECRYPTING /Users/jim/Desktop/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.TiVo ...
Failed to start command: /Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/750/kmttg/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.mpg" "/Users/jim/Desktop/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.TiVo"
Cannot run program "/Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode": error=86, Bad CPU type in executable
Jimf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #4366
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimf1234 View Post
I have been a member for quite awhile but just got a new macbook pro and I'm having this issue.

>> DECRYPTING /Users/jim/Desktop/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.TiVo ...
Failed to start command: /Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/750/kmttg/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.mpg" "/Users/jim/Desktop/American_Restoration_Hammered_550 HSTRYHD_1351128600.TiVo"
Cannot run program "/Applications/kmttg_v0p8v/tivodecode/tivodecode": error=86, Bad CPU type in executable
You probably need the Mac OSX Intel binary for tivodecode:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/ti...cOSX_intel.zip

Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #4367
Jimf1234

Thank you that worked
Jimf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #4368
elprice7345

OAD Date missing from kmttg

I noticed after getting the fall update, that any shows pulled to my TiVos show the transfer date in kmttg instead of the OAD.

The OAD appears correctly on the TiVo.

Has anyone else noticed this?
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #4369
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
I noticed after getting the fall update, that any shows pulled to my TiVos show the transfer date in kmttg instead of the OAD.

same here
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #4370
lpwcomp

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
same here
AFAIK, kmttg has always shown the record date/time, not the OAD. TiVo has done something odd here as the record date/time still displays properly on the TiVo.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #4371
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
AFAIK, kmttg has always shown the record date/time, not the OAD. TiVo has done something odd here as the record date/time still displays properly on the TiVo.
That's right, kmttg has always used <CaptureDate> from the NPL XML as the date, so I guess for pulls <CaptureDate> is being set to the time the show is pulled? For those seeing this are you pulling with pyTivo and associated pyTivo metadata file?

Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #4372
lrhorer

Quote:

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying. Where are you looking in kmttg to find this date, and how can the date be both correct and incorect on the Tivo?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #4373
elprice7345

Quote:
That's right, kmttg has always used <CaptureDate> from the NPL XML as the date, so I guess for pulls <CaptureDate> is being set to the time the show is pulled? For those seeing this are you pulling with pyTivo and associated pyTivo metadata file?
I'm pulling with pyTivo and an associated pytivo metadata file. I'm also using the default.txt pyTivo option to force the OAD to be used.

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying. Where are you looking in kmttg to find this date, and how can the date be both correct and incorect on the Tivo?
Shows pulled before the update show the OAD in kmttg. Shows pulled after the update show the pull date in kmttg. In both cases, the OAD is correctly displayed in the NPL.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4374
lrhorer

Quote:
Shows pulled before the update show the OAD in kmttg.
Show where in kmttg? I requested a feature that would allow kmttg to pull the OAD off a video without having to transfer from the TiVo to the PC some months ago, but was shot down. Again, where are you seeing the OAD in kmttg?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #4375
moyekj

Quote:
I'm pulling with pyTivo and an associated pytivo metadata file. I'm also using the default.txt pyTivo option to force the OAD to be used.
And you're saying that was working fine before 20.2.2 software right? Which implies something changed in metadata handling for pulls (and apparently pushes as well since seriesId handling for grouping purposes seems to have changed). I think this topic is more relevant in pyTivo thread by the sound of it.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #4376
lrhorer

Quote:
And you're saying that was working fine before 20.2.2 software right? Which implies something changed in metadata handling for pulls (and apparently pushes as well since seriesId handling for grouping purposes seems to have changed). I think this topic is more relevant in pyTivo thread by the sound of it.
Except that he is seemingly saying everything is fine on the TiVo for content transferred both pre- and post-upgrade, but that something in kmttg is now not showing the OAD. If kmttg ever shows the OAD, I would like to know about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #4377
moyekj

Quote:
Except that he is seemingly saying everything is fine on the TiVo for content transferred both pre- and post-upgrade, but that something in kmttg is now not showing the OAD. If kmttg ever shows the OAD, I would like to know about it.
No I think he's saying he setup pyTivo pulls such that the <CaptureDate> would get set to OAD and that used to work fine, but now CaptureDate is being set to the time of transfer instead of OAD in the metadata file with the new TiVo software.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #4378
elprice7345

Quote:
No I think he's saying he setup pyTivo pulls such that the <CaptureDate> would get set to OAD and that used to work fine, but now CaptureDate is being set to the time of transfer instead of OAD in the metadata file with the new TiVo software.
moyekj is correct.

Both before and after the TiVo update OAD shows correctly in the NPL and sorts by OAD as desired. The dates on the TiVo are displayed correctly.

The kmttg date that is displaying differently is on the kmttg list of shows. This date displays the OAD for shows pulled before the update, if I used the default.txt when I pulled the shows, and the transfer date for shows pulled after the update.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #4379
cherry ghost

here's the same show pulled yesterday and again today(in progress), same metadata. Notice the date is different. The OAD is 9-4-12, which I know won't show in kmttg. The transfer date is showing.

Last edited by cherry ghost : 11-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #4380
lpwcomp

Once again, kmttg does not display the OAD in the list, it displays the capture date/time, which used to be the same as the record date/time. Apparently, with the latest update, the Premieres are differentiating between the two. The TiVo displays the OAD ( as first aired) and the record date/time. It does not display the capture date.

Having time : OAD in the metadata simply tells pyTivo to use the OAD as the record date/time that it puts in the XML for the transfer.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote