Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #151
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
Looks like TiVo made some pretty significant database changes on the back end - this is just a little artifact from those changes.
I think that conclusion exceeds the evidence. All I'm seeing is that some of the group data got deleted.

I don't have any push-created folders on my TiVo right now, but my oldest series (regular recordings, but possibly transferred from another TiVo; I don't remember) got ungrouped. Other groups stayed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #152
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post

I think that conclusion exceeds the evidence. All I'm seeing is that some of the group data got deleted.
Any time there is a "preparing update" phase in a software update, there is some kind of database change. Whether it's "significant" or not is up to debate.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #153
bklynflatbush

all around great update... but the netflix app is still terrible..
bklynflatbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #154
TVCricket
HDUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynflatbush View Post
Me thinks we'll be waiting a while before Netflix gets any changes.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #155
smoberly

just received my update...restarting now!
smoberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #156
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

restarting now!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #157
jtag48

Quote:

I don't have any push-created folders on my TiVo right now, but my oldest series (regular recordings, but possibly transferred from another TiVo; I don't remember) got ungrouped. Other groups stayed.
Same here. All pytivo pushes are no longer in groups. I tried to create a new group without success using the same method that worked before the update.
jtag48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #158
moyekj

If I push exact same video twice it doesn't group without seriesId set in metadata file, but it does group when seriesId is set in metadata file, which is consistent with previous behavior.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-30-2012 at 08:08 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #159
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynflatbush View Post
I watched three episodes of Nikita on Netflix from an Elite last night. It did great. The only issue it had was when it blanks out for a second or two when it switches to 1080P24. But once it does it continues to stream for the entire episode. I definitely prefer to use my TiVos for Netflix over my dozen other Netflix devices because of the Native resolution output.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #160
Kerwin51580

I love what it can do now, but now I find that if I record a single show from the guide, the screen blanks out for just a split second and then refreshes to show a check mark next to the show. I remember it was instantaneous before the update.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #161
cwoody222

My overnight restart went fine and I had the update this morning. Good stuff so far! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ToDo List!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #162
NotVeryWitty
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
Based on this quote from Margret:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
The "KidZone" feature of SD Menus has been removed. It had very low usage (since it only worked in SD Menus) and it was going to be a lot of work to make it compatible with the database technology change we made in this release.
I think it's a valid conclusion.
NotVeryWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #163
jcthorne

Well my tivo now has a list of over 200 non grouped recordings all missing most of the program information.

Currenly trying to delete a few and re-push to see if new pushes can be grouped. Even if that works, this is going to be a LONG rework to fix Tivo's very obvious bug.

Why would they remove so much information for all these recordings for the update? Database changes fine, but you have to update ALL the data not just parts of it and leave hundreds of useless recordings in a MySHows list.

MAJOR FAIL tivo.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #164
Teeps

As I was greeted by the THX splash screen, this morning; I assume my XL4 received the .2 update today(?)
I have not experienced any of the aforementioned problems/bugs(?) as of now.

Having said that, this XL4 TiVo is used at its most basic function. Record and transfer non copy protected material to the S3 on the network. (don't ask... simply put logistics.)
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #165
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin51580 View Post
I love what it can do now, but now I find that if I record a single show from the guide, the screen blanks out for just a split second and then refreshes to show a check mark next to the show. I remember it was instantaneous before the update.
In the previous version, initiating a recording would initiate the old "Please Wait" popup while it was setting the recording.

So I think they've improved this, but I'd imagine making it completely fluid is something they'll do in a future update.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #166
shiffrin

I like the new screens very much, but I noticed something that I don't believe has been mentioned.

When I look down the todo list starting on November4 (the day the clocks change) all shows are listed 1 hour later then they will really be on. The times are correct when I select the entry and display the information. I didn't notice it at first, but finally realized that it was showing the Daily Show recording at 12:00AM and Colbert at 12:30AM and both were listed on the next day because of this.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope that when the clocks do change that all these shows will be recorded correctly.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #167
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
I like the new screens very much, but I noticed something that I don't believe has been mentioned.

When I look down the todo list starting on November4 (the day the clocks change) all shows are listed 1 hour later then they will really be on. The times are correct when I select the entry and display the information. I didn't notice it at first, but finally realized that it was showing the Daily Show recording at 12:00AM and Colbert at 12:30AM and both were listed on the next day because of this.

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope that when the clocks do change that all these shows will be recorded correctly.
I has been discussed in another thread, I have the same issue in the EST time zone , hopefully it will get fixed.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #168
shiffrin

After some more searching I did find where it has been mentioned. I haven't found anywhere where it has been discussed or whether it will be a problem come November 4. I did send a note to TivoMarget in case she didn't see the problem mentioned in 1 or 2 posts mixed in with 5 pages of discussion of the grouping issues.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #169
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffrin View Post
I haven't found anywhere where it has been discussed or whether it will be a problem come November 4.
Search the forums. TiVos have been recording in GMT+0 since the beginning of time so daylight savings time changes will not affect season pass recordings.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #170
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yeah, it's pretty clearly just a problem with the way the To Do List is generated, since the correct times are on the individual entries.

The To Do List just doesn't take the time change this Sunday into account. Worst-case scenario, it should fix itself on Sunday, with probably a patch in the next minor update so it doesn't happen again in the Spring.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #171
jdfs
Unspecial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
My Premiere connected at 4:30 PM EDT and downloaded the update. I figured it was better to do the install now then at 2 AM when the hurricane winds are forecast to be a lot stronger, so I did the install (not really having a choice). I'm now at the "preparing the update" screen. The Premiere is connected to a UPS so I have some leeway if the power goes out, but the person who decided it was a good idea to release the update today should be demoted, especially considering it takes so long to install.

I'm guessing the box can recover if the power is cut during the preparing stage, but still...

Edit: update finished. Right about 45 minutes as has been reported
I cut power twice during the preparing stage. All worked fine.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #172
cwoody222

The mini guide no longer comes up when playing back recorded shows by pressing Select
Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #173
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
The mini guide no longer comes up when playing back recorded shows by pressing Select
That's a GOOD thing IMO. It means you can enter SPS backdoor codes normally without an extra select messing things up. Note that during Live TV the Mini Guide still works and that's where it makes a lot more sense to have it anyway. You can still bring up the full guide in playback mode anyway.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #174
cwoody222

I use the mini guide ALL THE TIME while watching recordings to set other stuff.

The grey color on Season Passes with no upcoming recordings is barely visible too. It's indistinguishable from the others.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #175
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
The grey color on Season Passes with no upcoming recordings is barely visible too. It's indistinguishable from the others.
The contrast is not great but I can certainly tell the difference on both my TVs. That is probably more a function of TV calibration/display settings.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #176
jtmal0723

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That's a GOOD thing IMO. It means you can enter SPS backdoor codes normally without an extra select messing things up. Note that during Live TV the Mini Guide still works and that's where it makes a lot more sense to have it anyway. You can still bring up the full guide in playback mode anyway.
This was their intention... Post from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
* Mini Guide
- pressing SELECT to bring up the Mini Guide now only works in Live TV (disabled in Recordings)

jtmal0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #177
Tivogre

I can't believe they still didn't add the "Sort by Original Air Date" option to the NPL...
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #178
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmal0723 View Post
This was their intention... Post from another thread:
Yes I know it was intentional and I like it.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #179
jtmal0723

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes I know it was intentional and I like it.
I mean that to be a reply to cwoody222 but it looks like I clicked the wrong quote button... sorry about that.
jtmal0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #180
brentil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivogre View Post
I can't believe they still didn't add the "Sort by Original Air Date" option to the NPL...
The issue I have with this feature is so much stuff seems to be missing the OAD info that I'd only have a couple things actually sorted. I like the idea though.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote