TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #31
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
I don't think it's unfair. It's kind of arbitrary and annoying, but that's the way life is. When you are traveling internationally, sometimes you get an incompetent cab driver or have trouble communicating with him. That's just the way it goes. Sure, it sucks for the teams when it happens, but it's realistic.

I'd much rather see teams have taxi troubles than have every single part of the race controlled by the production team, and I think we'd be pretty close to that if the show always provided drivers screened by the producers. If you are going to manipulate everything to eliminate all the realistic randomness of international travel, what's the point of leaving the US at all?
This is a game, not real life. Real life isn't fair but games should be.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
I don't think it's unfair. It's kind of arbitrary and annoying, but that's the way life is. When you are traveling internationally, sometimes you get an incompetent cab driver or have trouble communicating with him. That's just the way it goes. Sure, it sucks for the teams when it happens, but it's realistic.

I'd much rather see teams have taxi troubles than have every single part of the race controlled by the production team, and I think we'd be pretty close to that if the show always provided drivers screened by the producers. If you are going to manipulate everything to eliminate all the realistic randomness of international travel, what's the point of leaving the US at all?
I agree with everything you say except the point that incompetent drivers are found only outside of the US. Just last week I was in Nashville, TN and had the worst driver.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #33
Doh

The girls screwed themselves by going back to the park to look for the u-turn. If they hadn't done that I bet they would have won. I couldn't believe they wasted all that time-- lost to a team that did the u-turn-- and then in their exit interview whined about how they were a stronger team than mutt and jeff.