TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #241
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

Why on god's green earth did no one show the part of their collection that was not black and white??? I mean besides Fabio who had no black and white.
lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #242
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Didn't Demtri have a mustard color in some of the stuff he showed Tim? That was what I liked about his.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #243
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Didn't Demtri have a mustard color in some of the stuff he showed Tim? That was what I liked about his.
He did and Tim suggested he show it and Demetri said he didn't think he should and that he would "explain" that there was color to the judges.

Why don't these people listen to Tim Gunn?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #244
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalouque View Post
Why on god's green earth did no one show the part of their collection that was not black and white??? I mean besides Fabio who had no black and white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
He did and Tim suggested he show it and Demetri said he didn't think he should and that he would "explain" that there was color to the judges.

Why don't these people listen to Tim Gunn?
Why indeed?

It's not like Tim didn't warn them! How many times do I have to say it? Ignore Tim Gunn's comments at your peril.

Note that Michael Kors liked the shoes -- after Fabio had dyed them and used the colored shoelaces, to tie them in with the rest of the look. But who knows what he would have said, if Fabio had left them their natural color.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #245
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

What a waste of 90 minutes that was.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #246
Ruth
Now with toddler

What, no new look? Seems like these guys got off easy. And still struggled so much!
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #247
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
They are all bad, so they all get to go? Bizarre.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #248
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
What, no new look? Seems like these guys got off easy. And still struggled so much!
There's still Finale Pt 2 to come. I'm sure the producers have some good twist in store for them.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #249
TheDewAddict
No Mercy

Why were there 6 sewing machines in the new workspace for 4 designers?

I get that 5 weeks isn't a lot of time to come up with a collection, and that producers probably tell the designers to leave a few things unfinished so that they can work on them when they arrive back in New York, but still, I was surprised at how much work the designers were still doing. I kind of miss the old days when they used to show the designers casting for Fashion Week, and they would argue over which designers got which models.
TheDewAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #250
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDewAddict View Post
Why were there 6 sewing machines in the new workspace for 4 designers?
Either they planned to go down to three finalists, then have the "we're bringing in a helper" twist , as they've done in previous seasons, or they were down to the final six when they filmed the finale (because of when Fashion Week actually takes place) and had all six show, so no one would be able to leak who the finalists were? Or to have spare machines, in case something broke down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDewAddict View Post
I get that 5 weeks isn't a lot of time to come up with a collection, and that producers probably tell the designers to leave a few things unfinished so that they can work on them when they arrive back in New York, but still, I was surprised at how much work the designers were still doing. I kind of miss the old days when they used to show the designers casting for Fashion Week, and they would argue over which designers got which models.
Didn't they used to give the finalists 10 weeks to do their collections for Fashion Week?

(IIRC this is the first season I've seen since the show switched to Lifetime; I have several seasons to watch on DVD, but I was waiting until this season was over. I can watch repeats of a season I've already seen before while the new season is on, and it doesn't bother me, but watching two seasons for the first time at once, especially starting them both at once, is too confusing.)
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #251
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

At the end of this week's show, they had a blurb "to learn more about Project Runway" to pick up the current issue of Marie Claire. They showed the October issue with Gwen Stefani on the cover.

I saw the issue on the stands, looked through the table of contents (never a trivial task in women's mags), and I couldn't find anything related to Project Runway. I saw an article about Nina at Paris fashion week, but that's the closest thing I saw.

Could the Project Runway stuff be in that article?

This is twice now where I've gone to get Marie Claire, looking for a feature on PR because of mentions like that, only to find zip when I looked through the issue.

So where do they hide it?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #252
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Mondo will be live tweeting during the finale, if anyone is interested.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #253
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Finale, Part 2 OAD 10/18/12

... starts in what, an hour and a half on the East Coast? Okay, my bookmark is early.

There's bound to be an interesting twist in this half of the finale, right? How is Project Runway going to save this sort of 'eh' 10th-anniversary season?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #254
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

UGH. Jennifer Hudson???WHY????
YCantAngieRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #255
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Also, if you send someone down the runway who can't walk, you lose. (Or not. I'm watching live. I have no idea.)
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #256
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

I was worried about Fabio, but his stuff was amazing.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #257
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Also, after tonight, I won't have to be smothered by Heidi's stupid Scrumptious line.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #258
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

Well, pttht. I can't argue with their decision, but I do wish it'd been a different one.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #259
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

I definitely think they came down to the correct final 2. As for the winner, either would have been fine by me. They certainly had two totally different collections.
lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #260
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

So, now that I've gone through the collections...they definitely picked the right top two. I had three favorite looks: Dmitri's yellow dress, his fringed dress that had fringe at the hem, and Fabio's look that the model had on at the end when the judges talked to the designers (the sort of pants/skirt hybrid-I always love that look.)

Like I said, they probably picked the right one, but god I don't like Dmitri.

Also, he had some WEIRD looking models.

And how is Elena winning the fan favorite???
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #261
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

"If Fabio doesn't win, I'm going to be really upset."

"A designer has to know what people want before they want it."

Here's the thing. It's easy to sit here and watch Project Runway, pick out the designers whose POV already resonates with our own styles, say "I would buy that!" and have fun.

But to me, the really exciting part is when a designer presents their point of view in a way which is so compelling, you want the clothes, even if they aren't your POV. Especially if they aren't your POV already. When they drag you out of your comfort zone and you say "WOW, I really like that and I don't usually like that."

So -- given Heidi's comment that she never thought she would like such a thing, and now she wants to wear all of Fabio's clothes -- I said "there's your winner." That's what I want in a winner of Project Runway.

I go into stores all the time, and I have a choice between colors that I can't wear, and black and white. I am so sick of buying black and white.

All three of the others did their dark-colored stuff with just the splashes of color, and then there was Fabio's collection. He was the only one who seemed to understand that he was showing clothes for spring. His collection was fresh. It stood out from all the others.

I can understand why they might want to give out the prize based on the designer's body of work for the whole season -- in which case, sure, Dmitri has more wins, and the level of craftsmanship he's shown all season might make it appropriate to give him the nod.

But IMHO, if you're looking at just what went down the runway, Fabio won. He won the fashion show.

And I agree with Heidi -- even though Fabio's clothes were totally outside the kind of thing I would usually look for, I want them now. If PR had a sweepstakes where they were giving away four opportunities to have an outfit made by the finalists, and they called me up and said I had won the consultation with Fabio, I'd be happy. The other three, not so much.

They had better bring him back sometime for All-Stars, or I'm going to be really, really pissed.

(Side note: the new season of PR:AS starts next week. See you all in a new thread for that!)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #262
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
At the end of this week's show, they had a blurb "to learn more about Project Runway" to pick up the current issue of Marie Claire. They showed the October issue with Gwen Stefani on the cover.

I saw the issue on the stands, looked through the table of contents (never a trivial task in women's mags), and I couldn't find anything related to Project Runway. I saw an article about Nina at Paris fashion week, but that's the closest thing I saw.

Could the Project Runway stuff be in that article?

This is twice now where I've gone to get Marie Claire, looking for a feature on PR because of mentions like that, only to find zip when I looked through the issue.

So where do they hide it?
Puzzle solved! I went back to the newsstand and looked at the Gwen Stefani issue again. I found the PR content by doing the old proofreader's trick -- I read the table of contents backwards.

It was hidden in the section of 101 ideas, which was highlighted in the ToC by being in a red dot, off to the side of the articles which had longer descriptions and page numbers.

They had the same "look for more on Project Runway" blurb in the Finale part 2 show with next month's issue on the cover, so I suspect they've been running a couple of pages on PR every issue all season.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #263
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Poor Chris! I was really worried about him-I hope he got a LOT of rest after the finale!

BTW-off topic, but his and Fabio's boyfriends are both - ahem - ok, I will just say it-NERDS! They (the nerds) need to get together, Chris needs to get with Gunnar, and Fabio and Tim Gunn can live happily ever after. There, all fixed. Now to the judges' decision-

Melissa-her clothes were fine, a good variety, like Heidi said, but expected. Nothing WOW! I knew she would not win.

I have to say, I HATED Fabio's collection when he showed it the first time. A bunch of fugly old-lady robes and stuff-YUK! But he really did listen to the judges and made the clothes look better and expensive and I have to say, I really liked his collection. It was so different than 2 days before. A complete 180-(not a 360, like Melissa said she had gone through-a 360 is a circle, you would be where you started! )

Dimitri-I must admit he grew on me. I love Fabio, he is my sweet skirt-wearing man, and he is going to be successful and hopefully have a lot of kids with his nerdy boyfriend, but Dimitri really did deserve the win. The American Dream is alive and well. Good for him!

Yes, hope to see you all at the All-Stars thread
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #264
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalouque View Post
I definitely think they came down to the correct final 2. As for the winner, either would have been fine by me. They certainly had two totally different collections.
I agree -
I have thought for weeks that Christopher was the clear winner but man o man did he self implode or what?

Overall this was probably 4 of the most dull final collections. I need a nap now.

So - what's up?
No reunion show this year?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #265
Cainebj

P.S. - kindof off topic but when Katie Holmes ran away to NY from Tom Cruise they made a huge publicity deal about the fact she was going to be a guest judge for an episode of Project Runway. I was expecting her for the finale unless she did the All Stars show. Curious.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #266
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
P.S. - kindof off topic but when Katie Holmes ran away to NY from Tom Cruise they made a huge publicity deal about the fact she was going to be a guest judge for an episode of Project Runway. I was expecting her for the finale unless she did the All Stars show. Curious.
People says Katie is on All Stars. However, with the different judges, it just doesn't feel like "All Stars"
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #267
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
People says Katie is on All Stars. However, with the different judges, it just doesn't feel like "All Stars"
Quote:
Project Runaway: All Stars is a spin-off of the original Project Runway, which will begin airing its 10th season July 19.
Someone at People didn't copyedit.

I don't get your comment about All-Stars.

I missed Season One (both the original run and the recent replays), but one of my friends said that the All-Stars had different judges than Runway.

So have they changed the AS judges for this new season from the ones they had in Season One, or did you mean to say that since All-Stars has different judges, it doesn't seem like Project Runway?

(If you meant that it's dumb to have an All-Star show and have judges that aren't as good as the ones on the original Project Runway -- that the judges aren't star quality -- then my friend agrees with you.)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #268
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
.....or did you mean to say that since All-Stars has different judges, it doesn't seem like Project Runway?

(If you meant that it's dumb to have an All-Star show and have judges that aren't as good as the ones on the original Project Runway -- that the judges aren't star quality -- then my friend agrees with you.)

That's what I meant; sorry I wasn't clearer. Your friend is smart.

The AS judges are: Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman, with Joanna Coles playing the Tim Gunn mentoring role and Carolyn Murphy is hosting.

Not exactly All Stars in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #269
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Someone at People didn't copyedit.
The People article is a couple months old --- back from 7/2/12 so Season 10 hadn't started when is was published.

Last edited by MauriAnne : 10-19-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: fixed apostrophe
MauriAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #270
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
The People article is a couple months old --- back from 7/2/12 so Season 10 hadn't started when is was published.
No, I got that. Did you see the part I bolded?

Project Runaway?

The mind boggles.