TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
jrw77

Can't Link Premiere to Zap2it TV Listings

I had a Tivo HD that I was able to succesfully link with the Zap2it TV Listings so as to schedule recordings online. A month ago I added a Tivo Premiere unit which was correctly added on their site along with my HD unit. However, whenever I went to schedule a recording I got the following error message: FAILURE! “”. Bad value for contentId in captureRequestStore.
I thought that this might be some sort of glitch with having two units.
I have now discontinued the subscription for the HD unit so that I now only have one unit - the Premiere. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error message.
Does anyone know the reason for this?
(Note: I know Tivo also has TV listings but I prefer Zap2it's because its listings indicate when a show is "new").
jrw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
dwit

I am getting the same thing on my TivoHD. I have not been able to use zap2it for a while now. I think it is probably due to issues on zap2it's end.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
eelton

I had been using the TiVo link on Zap2it for a couple of years, without problems. It stopped working about 3 months ago--the link to my TiVo was undone, and I got an error message when I tried to recreate it.

I contacted both TiVo and Zap2it. I got a canned reply from Zap2It saying they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

I was happy this week to see that I could successfully recreate the link to TiVo. However, scheduling still isn't working--I also get the "Bad value for contentId in captureRequestStore" error message.

I'm sure this is still a problem on Zap2it's end.
eelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
dwit

"Success!"

Maybe they have this fixed now.

When I responded (above) to this thread, Tivo support immediately contacted me and said the issue should have (coincidentally) been corrected that same day. Well, for me, it wasn't, but I have been trying it about daily since then but still "failure".

Well, just now I got a report of "Success", so here's hoping it truly is.

For whatever reason, I prefer using zap2it's guide, most of the time.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Eamus Catuli

I've been using the zap2it website to record to my Tivo for years although not lately. I tried this morning and it looks like my "Link to Tivo" was in limbo in zap2it's site - it wanted me to re-enrol.

That failed - I got "Sorry, we're currently unable to link your TiVo account to your Zap2it account. Please try again later or contact customer support."

So I went back into zap2it and was able to de-link my "lost" original link. I tried to create a new link but I still got the same message.

But I can still schedule from tivo.com fine. Not sure what to do next?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Eamus Catuli

After the last firmware upgrade, I tried again and it works again. Not sure if the upgrade itself did anything, or if it was the reboot that fixed it, or something else??