TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
DeDondeEs

Homeland S02E03 OAD 10/14/12

No thread yet?

Man at the beginning when Saul was getting searched in the airport and they took the memory card, I thought, "Oh great, this is going to go in circles" But now at least two people know about it.

Why didn't Brody just say he wouldn't go get that guy? He has leverage with the terrorists now since he is in a high up political position. Why would they have him do anything to compromise that?

It's been said in many threads before but man, Claire Danes can play one convincing crazy woman.

Now I know how to jack up a car if the jack isn't present as long as I can find some split firewood on the side of the road.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Claire Danes is simply amazing, as is most of the cast. There are seriously contrived plotting issues with this show (the Brody-as-low-level-courier being the latest and maybe the worst), but it doesn't matter because Danes, Patinkin, and Lewis are so flat-out great.

I was hoping for some more Jess boobs when they started making out in the kitchen, but alas, no. I did find it funny that Brody had a noticeable woody though. Very realistic!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Why didn't Brody just say he wouldn't go get that guy? He has leverage with the terrorists now since he is in a high up political position. Why would they have him do anything to compromise that?
On the one hand it seems weird the Brody was the only contact the tailor knew. Where'd he get the explosives to make the vest from? ebay?

It would have made more sense for the tailor's normal contact path to have run through either of the dead terrorist lieutenants from last week. With them gone it would take too long to reestablish the trust with the next link down the chain, and this is an emergency.

But it is in Brody's interest that the tailor not get picked up; since he could expose Brody. So I can see why he didn't push back too hard against having to be the one to move the guy. For Brody to be safe someone had to do it, and do it before the CIA had the tailor picked up.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I was suckered in - dreading that the card being taken and a bullet to Saul would end THAT.

What good would it have done Nazzir and Hesbolah to get the SD card after Saul had seen the video? I guess "deny, deny, deny" and "Keel you later."

Sure it doesn't make sense that the only operative Nazzir had was Brody. He had no problem sending a handful of guys to drug and kidnap Brody from a mall parking lot.

I still think that the tailor was supposed to off Brody. The intelligence leak that Nazzir needed to plug was the video. How would Nazzir know what emails the CIA had gotten?

Another day. Nothing much happens: Carrie gets dissed and shut down. Goes back home in a dark cloud. Considers getting a quickie but commits suicide instead. Changes her mind. Sleeps. Door bell rings. It's Saul. Ho Hum.

(If Saul came directly over as he got off the plane from Beirut, how did he know that Carrie went back to her own home?)

And Saul, touching the real SD card at all on the plane was dumb. You could have still been watched.

Don' cha hate it when the wife calls and the dying guy JUST WON'T SHUT UP?!

And Claire Danes did do it again portraying Carrie's internal angst with just facial expressions and manner.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...?utm_hp_ref=tv
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
cherry ghost

Looked like she still had the ring on at the end. Thought for sure Saul would notice it.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
(If Saul came directly over as he got off the plane from Beirut, how did he know that Carrie went back to her own home?)
I wondered about that too. I guess maybe Saul has been in Beirut this whole time, so he wouldn't necessarily know that Carrie had been temporarily living with her family? She clearly hadn't "moved out" of her place, so it wasn't completely crazy to think he would head there first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Looked like she still had the ring on at the end. Thought for sure Saul would notice it.
Yeah, me too.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Hank
AC•FTW

Saul in a big shot in the CIA. If he can't figure out where Carrie is, I'd be very worried.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
What good would it have done Nazzir and Hesbolah to get the SD card after Saul had seen the video? I guess "deny, deny, deny" and "Keel you later."
Nazir has no way of knowing, but it would actually help a lot.

Saul goes to his bosses: "Remember the theory that the crazy lady came up with last season that was proven to be wrong? My good friend, the crazy lady, whom I risked my career standing by? Well, guess what? She was right after all! I was right to stand by her!

"Evidence? Well, they stole the evidence, from a diplomatic pouch at airport security. Happens all the time. But trust me. She was right."

Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Another great episode. This show doesn't disappoint. I agree that it was dumb to think that Brody was the only person who could get the tailor. I suppose I buy their explanation but it was still pretty dumb.

Did it seem like Mike was totally ready to have sex with Jessica? He didn't want to come in and then as soon as he knew that Brody cheated, he was more than happy to come inside. It would have been more exciting if Brody caught them.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
If a United States congressman is your best option for taxi service in Central Pennsylvania, it’s probably time to take some of that “Iranian nuke revenge” money and pour it back into HR. … [W]hich of these two assets is more valuable? I guarantee you, it’s the one who could take out the entire cabinet, not the one able to take in a pair of trousers.
Quote:
Time’s James Poniewozik wins the prize for finding the teachable moment in this week's episode: “Things quality cable dramas have taught us: ladies, if you think your husband is concealing an affair, relax. He’s probably just a meth dealer or a terrorist.”
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/t...ependence.html
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
jschuur
TV-holic, improving

Quote:
I still think that the tailor was supposed to off Brody. The intelligence leak that Nazzir needed to plug was the video. How would Nazzir know what emails the CIA had gotten?
The tailor was terrified that he was going to get killed at the 'safe' house, since he was clearly no longer needed now. Brody has plenty of use and high level access.

Whether there was actually a hitman waiting for the tailor is an interesting question now. Brody sure solved that problem for them. Now they have one more thing to hold over him.

"Why do I have to watch a French movie?! I didn't do anything wrong!" - Phil Dunphy
jschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The irony is, after all the effort Brody went to to save the tailor, he ended up killing him because...he was having trouble explaining him to his wife.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Hank
AC•FTW

This is not a criticism, but I'm finding these big drama shows to have a lot in common with these "big secrets" and the "big reveal" to the significant other. Homeland with Brody and his wife, Dexter and his sister, Walter White first with Skyler. They're all "oh, he has to tell her.. now what's going to happen??"

Like I said, not a criticism, just an observation.

Last edited by Hank : 10-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
tiassa
Me --Avatar

It is not unbelievable that Saul called Carrie's family, and her father told him that she had moved back into her apartment.

Brody is definitely a "Focus on the Mission" sort of guy, once the tailor ran then impaled himself in the forest, I'd have left him to die and driven back to DC.

Here's a thought -- what if Brody and the tailor were both being set up by Nazir? With Brody's "confession" in the hands of the CIA he becomes less useful and the only other person that can corroborate that plot is the tailor.

Last edited by tiassa : 10-16-2012 at 10:49 AM.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
DeDondeEs

But why on earth would they want to off Brody?? They have a guy who is at a minimum sympathetic to their cause and at most will help them and he is in one of the highest positions in government. Brody's not going to rat them out since he has blood on his hands too.

Oh wait, nevermind, the video file....
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuur View Post
The tailor was terrified that he was going to get killed at the 'safe' house, since he was clearly no longer needed now. Brody has plenty of use and high level access.
I was going to say why bother taking him to the safe house if you're just going to kill him. But maybe they wanted to debrief him and make they knew about any potentially incriminating evidence the tailor might have. Which would require getting him there intact.

Because if you just want to him dead you don't need to send someone he knows. Just have a random "customer" walk in and shoot him.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
...Oh wait, nevermind, the video file....
Yeah. And what he says in the video "Some will call me a terrorist...82 children were killed." leaves no room for "that wasn't what I was talking about."

We can see that the series is going to be a long plan of Carrie hooking up with Brody to get more intelligence, or something, maybe to get Nazzir. I think they'd more likely just give the evidence to the FBI and USAG and depend on Brody spilling while he's in jail. I suppose they'll say that they want to get Nazzir before he goes underground again.

At some point Carrie says, "You're a traitor and a terrorist."

In today's world Brody would refuse to resign from Congress and would still get reelected.
UVerse and OTA

Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
jschuur
TV-holic, improving

Quote:
In today's world Brody would refuse to resign from Congress and would still get reelected.
Nobody would sit next to him at lunch though. Just in case.

"Why do I have to watch a French movie?! I didn't do anything wrong!" - Phil Dunphy
jschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Wow, Hank, how many times are you going to post spoilers this week? Glad I either didn't care or already knew the information that seems to be seeping out of your keyboard with reckless abandon. I really think you should read the spoiler rules that are stickied at the top of the forum under "Rules for Posting to the TV Talk Area"
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #20
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
But Time’s James Poniewozik wins the prize for finding the teachable moment in this week's episode: “Things quality cable dramas have taught us: ladies, if you think your husband is concealing an affair, relax. He’s probably just a meth dealer or a terrorist.”
Best line of the article!!!

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
efilippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Wow, Hank, how many times are you going to post spoilers this week? Glad I either didn't care or already knew the information that seems to be seeping out of your keyboard with reckless abandon. I really think you should read the spoiler rules that are stickied at the top of the forum under "Rules for Posting to the TV Talk Area"
What are you talking about? I don't see any spoilers coming from Hank.
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Dexter/Debra: that was revealed in the season finale last season.
Waler/Skyler: long ago.
Walter/Hank: mid-season finale.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
Azlen

What I'm not sure I liked is how they essentially drug out last week's cliffhanger. I would think Saul would have the capability of uploading that data file and alerting someone to it rather than keep the only copy, risk it being taken, risk something happening to him etc. etc. just so Carrie can be the first one he tells. It seemed incredibly sloppy to me.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
What I'm not sure I liked is how they essentially drug out last week's cliffhanger. I would think Saul would have the capability of uploading that data file and alerting someone to it rather than keep the only copy, risk it being taken, risk something happening to him etc. etc. just so Carrie can be the first one he tells. It seemed incredibly sloppy to me.
That too. The CIA might have some secure comm methods.
UVerse and OTA

Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Jonathan_S

Quote:
That too. The CIA might have some secure comm methods.
Even if he didn't want to share it with Langley first he hopefully left a back-up copy with the CIA officer in the Beruit Embassy.

A digital video file is just too easy to copy for it to get taken out of play by confiscating a single SD card. (Now if possible you would want the original card turned over to computer forensics to see if they can find anything else on it; maybe camera data, maybe deleted files.
But the video itself should be almost impossible to totally lose copies of.

I think the terrorists only hope was if the siezed bag was recovered with the SD card still sown into the lining. Then there'd be a chance it hadn't been found and viewed yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Even if he didn't want to share it with Langley first he hopefully left a back-up copy with the CIA officer in the Beruit Embassy.

A digital video file is just too easy to copy for it to get taken out of play by confiscating a single SD card. (Now if possible you would want the original card turned over to computer forensics to see if they can find anything else on it; maybe camera data, maybe deleted files.
But the video itself should be almost impossible to totally lose copies of.

I think the terrorists only hope was if the siezed bag was recovered with the SD card still sown into the lining. Then there'd be a chance it hadn't been found and viewed yet.
Like I said for the previous episode Hollywood writers like using disks as teh MacGuffin. If the audience knew he had saved the video, made a copy, done a file transfer, there wouldn't have been any dramatic tension when the Lebanese officer searched Saul for it.
UVerse and OTA

Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

It must be driving Brody crazy jumping through all these hoops to satisfy Nazir and his minions, placating his wife and still planning his own revenge scheme.

BTW, at the end of all this, I can see Brody's annoying daughter dressed in a burqa with a bomb strapped to her waist.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
BTW, at the end of all this, I can see Brody's annoying daughter dressed in a burqa with a bomb strapped to her waist.
That's pretty much what I said to my g/f last season when she found out her day was Muslim and was burying the Koran. I said "look, new recruit!" She's totally being groomed for that.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
DLiquid
Progressive User

Quote:
I wasn't going to say anything, but this bugged me as well. I now know a future Breaking Bad plot point that I didn't know before. I've only watched about three seasons of Breaking Bad, so I can't really expect that I'll never read spoilers for it here or elsewhere, I just didn't expect to see a major one in a Homeland thread.
DLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
I did find it funny that Brody had a noticeable woody though. Very realistic!
I wondered if that was a prop or actual.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote