TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
mrschimpf

Unable to download custom RSS feed video this weekend

I have had problems all weekend trying to download my off-Web Video menu Custom RSS video feeds from providers such as Blip.tv (for That Guy with the Glasses contributor content), Livid Lobster and off-directory TWiT shows (such as the TWiT HD feed). I don't know what the problem is, but I can stream these shows from their entries, they just won't download to the hard drive though after a request to download.

Did all the troubleshooting I could; soft and hard resets of the box, reset of my media switcher, the router and cable modem; nothing has worked. Stuff in the vidcast directory like CNet shows works fine and downloads as pushed out, but Custom RSS downloads I initiate aren't working. Hulu and YouTube are fine and everything is downloading just fine to the box.

Anyone else having this problem? Did some code get screwed up when they took out Music Choice?
mrschimpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Borked "mind" server at TiVo.com, same reason pyTivo push is failing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
moose53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Borked "mind" server at TiVo.com, same reason pyTivo push is failing.
How do you find out information like this?? And is there anything that can be done from my end??

Didn't this just happen a couple of weeks ago??

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
mrschimpf

That would make sense then; I have other ways to get the content on my TV (USB to Blu-ray and HDMI to the laptop), but TiVo is just plain easier for watching these shows.

Thanks for the concise answer, and the confirmation that I'm not going crazy.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose53 View Post
How do you find out information like this??
Experimentally.

Quote:
And is there anything that can be done from my end??
No. Just wait, it will probably be fixed soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
mrschimpf

Just to update, was able to download TWiT HD and Atop the Fourth Wall tonight to the TiVo from my custom entries, so the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
mrschimpf

Bringing back this topic to say for the last month on 20.3.1, I have been unable to load content from Blip.tv from the RSS (I can watch direct streaming, but cannot download the file itself). TWiT and CNet seem fine, so I'm wondering if this is on the TiVo's end with Blip's file codec no longer able to decode, or if Blip did something on their end to stop downloads to TiVo (encouragement to watch ads on the site, for instance). Anyone else have these issues?