TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #31
davidows

Getting normal Tivo service on the Premiere but the order I had up on the screen last night for another Premiere and $500 of other stuff is gone and I couldn't get back into the shop on the website until just this minute.
davidows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
morac
Cat God

The iOS app started working for me (away mode) and the N33 errors went away, so it looks like the service is slowly coming back. The web site is still down though.

Of course now, my cable signal has gone to pot (grrr Comcast).
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
global_dev

tivo.com and "my account" appear to up in Arlington, VA
global_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #34
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by global_dev View Post
tivo.com and "my account" appear to up in Arlington, VA
I haven't tried connecting from my TiVo, but www.tivo.com seems to be back up now in SE Ohio.
L David Matheny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
davidows

tivo.com came up long enough for me to add everything to my cart, but when I went to checkout a little later, it was down again. Second time, I filled the cart and checked out immediately - Order placed.

I was also chatting with Tivo online at the time about what speed I could expect via MoCa.
davidows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #36
lessd

Service up in Hartford CT at 3:10pm

Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #37
julesAI

Service back up in Louisville KY 3:30pm
julesAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #38
tivoknucklehead

normal Orlando too
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
avg99

Definitely they need to have so way to notify the service is down. Even though I was getting N13 error in my network diagnostics my dns resolution succeeded but the port config just kept saying testing that led me to believe was I have a network problem and spent awhile resetting all my routers and switches. Also I was getting a weird message on the connect to TiVo service when it failed it said I had a network cable unplugged?? I had to call just to make sure it really was a outage b/c of all the weird messages. Which they confirmed it was down and would be back up. Within 2 hrs.

Baltimore, md up for a hour or so.
avg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #40
wrecklass

Odd, so they went down and eventually came back up and nary a word about what happened. Not what I call world class service.

Oh well.
wrecklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #41
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecklass View Post
Odd, so they went down and eventually came back up and nary a word about what happened. Not what I call world class service.

Oh well.
I was mentioned on http://twitter.com/tivodesign but I agree there should be a status page, especially considering the number of mini-outages lately.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #42
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I was mentioned on http://twitter.com/tivodesign but I agree there should be a status page, especially considering the number of mini-outages lately.
Good idea; but, where would you go to find the status page when the main site is down?
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #43
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Good idea; but, where would you go to find the status page when the main site is down?
Well the presumption would be if you are having problems and the tivo.com web site is down, that the problem is on TiVo's end. Or TiVo could host the status page somewhere else.

Of course having a status page would only be a good idea, if it was actually updated, so preferably it would automatically be updated in the case of an outage.

Unfortunately I don't expect we'll ever see a status page. I'm still waiting for an revocation page to remove linked web pages/apps (Zap2it, yahoo, it.tv, etc) from your TiVo account. I recommended that years ago and it was "taken under suggestion".
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
L David Matheny

Quote:
Well the presumption would be if you are having problems and the tivo.com web site is down, that the problem is on TiVo's end. Or TiVo could host the status page somewhere else.
Hosting the status page somewhere else wouldn't exactly indicate confidence in their own servers. And a server outage is not really a big emergency. Remember that TiVos should continue to perform their primary duty (recording) even when TiVo's servers are down for up to several days. I guess people who use the HDUI could encounter some awkwardness when they try to use the menus, but those of us using the SDUI might not even notice the outage.
L David Matheny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
sar840t2

When I was getting the N33 errors yesterday morning, Xfinity On Demand wouldn't work either (in fact, trying to go to On Demand was what clued me in that something was wrong in the first place).

Why would we need access to TiVo's servers to get On Demand?
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #46
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

The Tivo Streams won't work when Tivo's servers are down, either. That's a real problem, IMO. Why should I need to contact Tivo to ship bits around the house? I've never really noticed a problem with N33 errors in the past, but there were two outages in just a couple of days since I got the stream. That's disappointing.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #47
Test

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tivo.com
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
The Tivo Streams won't work when Tivo's servers are down, either. That's a real problem, IMO. Why should I need to contact Tivo to ship bits around the house? I've never really noticed a problem with N33 errors in the past, but there were two outages in just a couple of days since I got the stream. That's disappointing.
I'm guessing, but it probably has to do with TiVo's agreement with cable labs copy protection protocol.

Another disappointment, for me, is that I can copy non protected programs between my S3 and XL4. But not stream between the two, that is totally ridiculous.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #49
Replevin
long-time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
I'm guessing, but it probably has to do with TiVo's agreement with cable labs copy protection protocol.

Another disappointment, for me, is that I can copy non protected programs between my S3 and XL4. But not stream between the two, that is totally ridiculous.
I keep getting these n33 errors and, of course, this also messes up the stream. Am I the only one or has this resolved for others? Thanks.
Replevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #50
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replevin View Post
I keep getting these n33 errors and, of course, this also messes up the stream. Am I the only one or has this resolved for others? Thanks.
The original outage was fixed within a few hours. If you have been getting N33 errors constantly since then, then the problem is on your end. If you just started getting N33 errors again, it's possible there's another problem on TiVo's end.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #51
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
That has nothing to do with the mind and staging servers used to support the tivos.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
That has nothing to do with the mind and staging servers used to support the tivos.
oh ok, people weren't having problems getting to tivo.com and their account settings?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #53
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
oh ok, people weren't having problems getting to tivo.com and their account settings?
In this case, yes they were because TiVo was having a complete network outage, but jcthorne is correct. Just because tivo.com is down doesn't mean the mind servers are and vice-versa.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #54
Ct_mickey

Quote:
The original outage was fixed within a few hours. If you have been getting N33 errors constantly since then, then the problem is on your end. If you just started getting N33 errors again, it's possible there's another problem on TiVo's end.
Anyone getting TiVo errors again? I am presently getting "Problem with the service (C133) error in Derby, CT....
Ct_mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #55
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ct_mickey View Post
Anyone getting TiVo errors again? I am presently getting "Problem with the service (C133) error in Derby, CT....
Yeah, all night. Can't set recordings with my iphone or use the web site either.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #56
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Must have been limited to certain machines because I couldn't access my Premiere with the iPhone app, but I was able to get to my HD. All seems to be well now...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote