TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
thebanker

Harmony Touch & Premier XL4 - not recognized

I tried the model number from the box and from the back of the Tivo unit (TCD758250) and my Harmony Touch does not seem to recognize the model number. Suggestions?
thebanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
cherry ghost

Try "Premiere"
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
thebanker

Cherry Ghost, I tried Premier with no luck. The next config Harmony screen is prompting me to use my remote to do a manual setup. Also tried Premier XL4 and same thing.

I wonder if I can use the model for one of my two Series3 HD since the remote works for both the XL4 and Series3. Or will I be missing some features?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
cherry ghost

what if you use "premiere" and then check "No-I do not have the original remote"?
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
thebanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
what if you use "premiere" and then check "No-I do not have the original remote"?
I found this link on the Logitech Harmony support site:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...ony/m-p/503894

Specific response:

Hello.

For people reading this the TiVo TCD-748000 & TCD-746320 are both included in our Harmony Database.

When adding this device (or other cable/satellite receivers) you may get a question immediately after asking if you have the original remote. This is due to the fact that many of these devices respond to a few different sets of IR codes. The Harmony Software is asking for the original to see which IR address (or code set) your device is using so it can mimic the same.

If however, you answer the question "No, I don't have the original remote" when adding this device then you will be defaulted to the Remote Address #1. For most people this is okay as the original device was never changed from the default. If after updating and testing with your Harmony remote you dont' get any control then you will need to do one of the following.

Teach the commands from the original remote to the Harmony remote so the Harmony will use the specific Remote address assigned to your TiVo. For these steps follow this link Confirming the correct remote codes from your original remote
Change the Tivo device to the Remote Address of 1 to which the Harmony defaults to when you answer the question if you have the original remote. For these steps follow this link Controlling two TiVo DVRs with one remote

So basically, I entered the correct model number and check at the next setup screen that I don't have the remote. Will see how this goes.

Thanks Cherry Ghost!