Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #31
everklier

Question I don't get why

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudding7 View Post
Denise and Malcolm did go back multiple times, didn't they?
that when they have this type of challenge, that the first guy go down to the deepest item they need to retrieve as they are at their strongest at the beginning. Not saying that they should go in reverse order for the whole challenge, but leave the easy ones for the girls and/or weaker teammates.
dsr6000 149 hours (retired)
everklier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by everklier View Post
that when they have this type of challenge, that the first guy go down to the deepest item they need to retrieve as they are at their strongest at the beginning. Not saying that they should go in reverse order for the whole challenge, but leave the easy ones for the girls and/or weaker teammates.
I think there was a team that did that but I can't remember what season or tribe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I thought he always called Penner Penner?

Has ANYONE from the loser tribe even tried to find the HII? I don't remember everything that airs, but I don't recall even a bit of that tribe finding a clue or looking for the idol.
Russell found the clue a couple of episodes back and made some half-hearted attempts to find it, but they haven't mentioned anything about it since then.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
pendragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
His original season was Cook Islands, right?

I can't tell if this was CI or FvF, but this video starts off with Jeff calling him Penner.

Penner
Cook Islands was his first season, and I think Probst called him Penner from the start. There was another contestant that season, JP Calderon. The J in JP stands for John. I don't know if Probst calls Penner Penner to differentiate the Johns/Jonathans, or if Penner is just Penner's nickname of choice.

When I was in AIT there was another guy whose first name was Todd, and a guy whose first name was Clint. There was no way to refer to me without two of us saying, "Me?" The Drill Sergeants were not amused.

tk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by everklier View Post
I thought they were all on the same line, so that getting the bottom one first wasn't really possible. But I don't remember for sure.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #36
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Skupin's obituary will absolutely contain the words "freak" and "accident".
When they're ready to get rid of him they won't even have to bother voting him out. Just hand him the machete and ask him to open some coconuts.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #37
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Angie was really fascinating. I love watching people who are delusional like that. Her self-image is not shattered by fact and rooted in grand pronouncements (I'm not a quitter). I loved her rationalization afterwards; and I think she truly believes that she did not quit!
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Angie was really fascinating. I love watching people who are delusional like that. Her self-image is not shattered by fact and rooted in grand pronouncements (I'm not a quitter). I loved her rationalization afterwards; and I think she truly believes that she did not quit!
I think she thinks she didn't quit in the fact that she did not go out there during the challenge and return empty handed like Russ did.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
I think she thinks she didn't quit in the fact that she did not go out there during the challenge and return empty handed like Russ did.
Angie didn't quit. She could/would have gone again. But the point is that having her go was a disadvantage for her team because she had no physical abilities. So whether she quit or not wasn't the point. The point was that even the most determined, dedicated version of Angie still would be a detriment to the tribe.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #40
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
And rationalized the "you go, I'll stay here" as her wanting the best players out there so they could win. Never mind that, at the time, she did that because...well...she QUIT!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #41
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

I thought she said she couldn't do it, unless that was Russel. They had subtitles during the challenge, but I couldn't tell who said what.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #42
HIHZia
Mad Turk

They subtitled Angie saying "I can't do it", but I rewound and watched it a few times and I don't think she actually said that. She started to say something and was cut off and told to stay. What I heard sounded a lot like " I don't Kn...."
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #43
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Russell found the clue a couple of episodes back and made some half-hearted attempts to find it, but they haven't mentioned anything about it since then.
The clue said the immunity idol is at the top of a 3 foot ladder so he gave up.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #44
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

I cannot believe this was the first time they have spoken to Artis.

Lmao T-Dogg on 'The Walking Dead' gets. Shown speaking more than this guy!
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #45
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
I cannot believe this was the first time they have spoken to Artis.

Lmao T-Dogg on 'The Walking Dead' gets. Shown speaking more than this guy!
I was really like "Who is that guy?" Did his team have the underwater mask from a reward? I was wondering since they were the only one to have it then I thought maybe the other teams simply thought it would be detrimental to the task if all three teams were offered a mask.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #46
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
The clue said the immunity idol is at the top of a 3 foot ladder so he gave up.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #47
Howie
Out of Pocket

It would seem like someone as young and as fit looking as Angie would have no problem whipping through those challenges. Hell, I'm 58 and pretty damn sure I could swim out there and dive a few feet and release a float. And Russell can't climb a 3 foot ladder? That's really lame, and to hear him talk he still thinks he's God's gift to Survivor.
Howie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #48
bruinfan

the argument angie should have made in tribal:

Yeah, you are stronger than me, but where has that gotten us? you continue to disappoint in challenges. you singlehandedly caused us to lose the first challenge due to your poor leadership. you didn't help at all in the second. today, you couldn't even get up the ladder. you wasted all sorts of time by going out and NOT returning with a puzzle piece. we would've been better off if you stayed back with me. so if you are going to call me weak, and you can surely beat me in arm wrestling, you are no more useful in challenges than me, and today, you were a liability.
bruinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #49
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinfan View Post
the argument angie should have made in tribal:

Yeah, you are stronger than me, but where has that gotten us? you continue to disappoint in challenges. you singlehandedly caused us to lose the first challenge due to your poor leadership. you didn't help at all in the second. today, you couldn't even get up the ladder. you wasted all sorts of time by going out and NOT returning with a puzzle piece. we would've been better off if you stayed back with me. so if you are going to call me weak, and you can surely beat me in arm wrestling, you are no more useful in challenges than me, and today, you were a liability.
well, either that or...Cookies!