TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
WizarDru

Quote:
Originally Posted by global_dev View Post
i was about to call and get a new CSR, but decided to let the automated system "reset" my cards (not activate again as they are). The "val" still appears as "?", but Cinemax is working again. It seems to have worked, hopefully it'll stay.
If it doesn't, ask for new cards. If they tell you that TiVos 'just won't work', they're either lying or ignorant. Most likely the cards are defective or too old and replacing them will fix the problem. If they haven't replaced your cards, demand that they do so.
WizarDru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #32
global_dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru View Post
If it doesn't, ask for new cards. If they tell you that TiVos 'just won't work', they're either lying or ignorant. Most likely the cards are defective or too old and replacing them will fix the problem. If they haven't replaced your cards, demand that they do so.
It stopped working. VZ sending out "additional" cablecards... they wanted to shut down the current cablecards that moment, prior to sending out the additional ones, which weren't considered subsititions (per CSR SOP). I told them no way can they shut off service for 3+ business days... some discussion with tech CSR about not being able to send cards allowed them to keep service on so I can watch the other channels until they show up in "3 business days".

The technical CSR was saying that all activation/pairing signals to my Tivo's were returning the result "inconclusive". sound familiar to anyone?
global_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #33
WizarDru

Quote:
Originally Posted by global_dev View Post
It stopped working. VZ sending out "additional" cablecards... they wanted to shut down the current cablecards that moment, prior to sending out the additional ones, which weren't considered subsititions (per CSR SOP). I told them no way can they shut off service for 3+ business days... some discussion with tech CSR about not being able to send cards allowed them to keep service on so I can watch the other channels until they show up in "3 business days".

The technical CSR was saying that all activation/pairing signals to my Tivo's were returning the result "inconclusive". sound familiar to anyone?
The only reason they would shut down your current cable cards is because you were swapping the cards RIGHT THEN. And even then, I don't believe they have to do that. They mailed me a replacement 'M' card and I swapped it and called them. Period. I swear some of these reps are just lying right out of the tails, possibly due to ignorance or laziness, I dunno.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #34
sabre70

I had same issue with Cinemax channels not coming in. After 3 calls to Vz I finally got them working. The tech reset the card then reentered the data ID #. She called it some sort of a cable card swap test, where they disable the card and the re ping it and whoola it worked. I tried all of the above mention things and none worked except for this. I mentioned to her about eliminating the card profile and re entering it but she wanted to try this test and re ping process first then she would have done that. Vz is sending me a new cc which I will be returning to them rite away. Sometimes you just need to get the right tech on the phone. Good luck to everyone with this issue.
sabre70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #35
global_dev

finally fixed (looks like for good as Val = V, not ?) with 2 new cards. phone activation failed, finally CSR did swap and validate on 1st and it worked ( he didn't realize it was a TiVo, then proceeded to tell me that the word out to CSRs that HBO & Cinemax don't work anymore on TiVOs, when I mentioned it was a TiVo and I was like "you just fixed TiVo #1, so let's do TivO #2. " He sounded dumbfounded for a moment and then fixed #2. also with a "V" Val now.

Now i need to hook up the elites...
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
WizarDru

It's a cable company party line, not actual fact. Every time I've seen an issue with a TiVo that was due to a cablecard, the cable company claimed it was the TiVo not being compatible. And it's NEVER true.

The only question in my mind is whether it's intentional misrepresentation or just reckless endangerment with the truth. Often I suspect the front-line guys are told 'just tell them it doesn't work' because the 2nd level engineers don't want to have to spend the time to fix such devices.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #37
gelbers

So my tivo was working fine and then suddenly I started to get the message about activating the cable card (have a M card) and channel not authorized. Only happening on HBO and Cinemax. Been on the phone all day with Verizon and just going round and round. On there end, they say they can not even see any of my tivos or verizon boxs on their system.. (NEVER SEEN THIS) according to them...but they know there is a known issue with HBO and Cinemax. I requested them to send me a new cable card. Do people think that will solve the problem?? I dont know what else to do?
gelbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #38
global_dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelbers View Post
So my tivo was working fine and then suddenly I started to get the message about activating the cable card (have a M card) and channel not authorized. Only happening on HBO and Cinemax. .. I requested them to send me a new cable card. Do people think that will solve the problem?? I dont know what else to do?
New cards helped fixed mine, but I still had to have a activation tech CSR do activation/validation/pairing.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #39
David_SG

I had the same problem a couple of months ago with my HBO channels. Called them up and they reactivated the card and everything seemed to work fine. But then I noticed that a few HD channels - TNT, NFL Network, and most recently, AMC - no longer work. I get a message saying there is a problem with the signal on those channels - but there shouldn't be any signal strength problems with my setup. Anybody have a similar problem? Just ordered a new cablecard - hopefully that will fix the problem.
David_SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #40
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

A strange thing I noticed -- channel 757 (Cartoon Network HD) has shown up on my Premiere, but not on my original S3, which still has unpaired cards. Yet, the channel shows a CCI of 0. Nor is it an H.264 channel.

Never mind, I rebooted the S3 (after it got stuck in the Diagnostics menu -- really annoying bug, that), and it's working now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 10-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #41
disturbedfred

Hey guys I can recommend @VerizonSupport on twitter. It's worth signing up just to have access. I lost all my HBO's and the Redzone channel on all three of my Premiere's. Called FIOS support 5 consecutive weeks with no joy. 20 minutes on Twitter with @VerizonSupport and all was good again. Went from the worst customer service to the best with a different approach. Hope this helps. @HeadleeKen
disturbedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #42
NSPhillips

I got my first Premiere on Thursday and spent several long calls with tech support trying to pair the card I moved from my HD. They tried to pair them over and over again and eventually tried to tell me I need a software update from Tivo.

Step 2 was to trade my old card for a new one picked up from the Verizon store Saturday. That didn't help at all, so I spent another hour on the phone with support.

Finally on Sunday I called the automated pairing line and selected "No Picture" instead of "re-activate" and that reset process actually worked. I had all my HBOs and Cinemaxes within minutes.

Not sure if that would have worked originally, but it seems like it might have saved me some time.
NSPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #43
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

I just spent 3 hours going back and forth with Verizon trying to solve my cablecard issue with my TiVo XL4, wherein Showtime worked fine but Cinemax gave me the "not authorized" DOS-looking message.

My Host ID, Card ID and Data ID all initially matched when they did the reset, but at some point my Data ID changed (how that's possible I have no idea) but luckily we double checked all the numbers again at the end, and all of a sudden the Data ID was different. So he inputted the new Data ID, resent the activate signal, and bam, it worked.

I guess I would say that if anybody else is suffering from this issue to obviously check the Host ID and Card ID, but then double check to make sure your Data ID hasn't changed via a card reset from them, or TiVo reboot, or whatever.