TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
johnfarmer55

Pytivo on a WD My Book Live?

I've searched everywhere for a few days and I haven't found any good info on weather this is doable and if so, how to do it. I just got the NAS a few days ago, it's the 3tb version. I'm wanting to push movies to my premiere... Thanks for any help!
johnfarmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

I'm not a pyTiVo user yet, but maybe these links and the thread bump will be helpful.

This review at Anandtech says

Quote:
Since the underlying platform is based on Debian Linux, it is quite easy to hack into the unit. Adventurous users can use this guide for that purpose.
The GPL Source Code can be downloaded from WD.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
johnfarmer55

Ok, so here's a quick update:

I did an apt-get upgrade to make sure python was on there. I downloaded the latest version of pytivo and unzipped it in /usr/local/pytivo. I can run "python pyTivo.py &" to test it and I can see it from any browser. I push & pull to the tivo. I'm still having some issues pulling video from the tivo but that's a secondary goal.

My only question now is how do I have the NAS start pytivo automatically on startup? I'm not too familiar with init.d yet... Thanks!
johnfarmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
lrhorer

Why don't you jump on over to this thread. Read through the sections on System V init scripts. Ask questions. Enjoy.

Last edited by lrhorer : 10-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote