TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Beldin42

Problem with the Find Programs->Tivo Suggestions menu

I have a brand new TiVo Premiere XL4. When I go to the Find Programs->TiVo suggestions menu the menu items, show name, day and date are jumping around the screen. Anyone old enough, it looks like the vertical hold is shot and its rolling really fast. It's just the menu, the area around the menu including the TiVo icon are fine.

It started out that I could go to the menu and it was fine but when I scrolled up or down the bad behavior started. Now the bad behavior is in place when I go to the menu. I can select an item, which item seems to be up in the air and the program info is displayed fine. I go back to the menu and it's still messed up.

When I first got the system the menu seemed fine but then I had a little adventure. Because my privacy status is opt-out I started out with the standard def menus. I changed, temporarily, to opt-default so I could try the HD menus. Hated them, but that again is another story. Went back standard def menus and opt-out. When I went back to SD menus is when the bad behavior started. I suspect, and this is a wild guess, that TiVo HD menus left a bit of cruft on my system when I turned it off.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior? Any suggestions for fixing it. With a new TiVo I tend to use this menu a lot to thumb things up and down to get the system up to speed on what I like. I've tried forcing a reconnect to TiVo and restarting the system. I've restarted the system a number of times in fact after trying a series of increasingly unlike fixes all which have not worked.

Thank you.
Beldin42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Beldin42

Addendum: Since this is a Premiere I wasn't sure if this note belonged here or over in the TiVo Problems forum. I figured I'd start here, if this the wrong place just let me know.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Beldin42

Well, I've decided I'm going to just live with this unless it spreads to menus I use more often

I wasted another hour on the phone with tech support last night with him going down a checklist of things I've already done.

They really don't want you on opt-out privacy status. Last night they were pushing not for opt-default, which he didn't seem to know about, but for full opt-in. Not something I've ever had to do in the past and not something I'm willing to do now.

Honestly, when addressing the problems I've run into setting up this system this forum has been far, far more help then tech support. For this, a big thank you.