TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
gmange

changed providers

We recently changed from DirecTV to Dish as our provider. Our den TV is old and only has the coax input. The DirecTV receiver connected to the coax input of the TIVO and the TIVO used the coax out to run to the TV. The DirecTV coax output was on channel 73 and somehow we were able to tell the TIVO to look at channel 73 on the coax for the input. Now that we have the Dish receiver its coax output is on channel 60. How do I tell the TIVO to look at channel 60 of the coax? If I go to the "Video Hookup" section in the settings, it tells me to use the red, white, yellow direct hookup between the Dish receiver and the TIVO and it won't allow me to select the coax connection. I can't use the red, white, yellow direct connection in the den because the Dish system has just one receiver that feeds both TV sets. The Dish receiver is in the bedroom (with another TIVO) so only a coax cable runs down to the den TV from the receiver in the bedroom. I need the den TIVO to allow me to select the coax connection between the receiver and TIVO and to look for the input feed on channel 60. The den TIVO is a Series 2 TCD140060. Help!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmange View Post
We recently changed from DirecTV to Dish as our provider. Our den TV is old and only has the coax input. The DirecTV receiver connected to the coax input of the TIVO and the TIVO used the coax out to run to the TV. The DirecTV coax output was on channel 73 and somehow we were able to tell the TIVO to look at channel 73 on the coax for the input. Now that we have the Dish receiver its coax output is on channel 60. How do I tell the TIVO to look at channel 60 of the coax? If I go to the "Video Hookup" section in the settings, it tells me to use the red, white, yellow direct hookup between the Dish receiver and the TIVO and it won't allow me to select the coax connection. I can't use the red, white, yellow direct connection in the den because the Dish system has just one receiver that feeds both TV sets. The Dish receiver is in the bedroom (with another TIVO) so only a coax cable runs down to the den TV from the receiver in the bedroom. I need the den TIVO to allow me to select the coax connection between the receiver and TIVO and to look for the input feed on channel 60. The den TIVO is a Series 2 TCD140060. Help!
Maybe I don't really undertand the problem but if you were able to tell the Tivo to look on channel 73 before why can't you do the same to tell it to look on channel 60 now? Isn't it just as simple as switching the Tivo tuner over to channel 60? Shouldn't need to re-run Guided Setup to do that.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
cannonz

I believe when you go thru set up the tivo will scan for the input channel.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
gmange

I don't remember how to switch the TIVO tuner over to channel 60. The buttons on the remote controlled the DirecTV receiver rather than the TIVO tuner. It is probably really simple but I don't remember how to do it. I went through the setup and TIVO insists that I use the red, white, and yellow connectors so it won't scan the coax input at all. Maybe if I can get it to accept the input is coming from the coax it would scan for the right channel. But I don't know how to make it look at the coax either.