TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
SugarBowl

Suddenlink Tivo to personal tivo

Is it possible to MRV from a suddenlink tivo premiere to a personally owned series 3?

Suddenlink customer support says to register their tivo on my account at tivo.com and tivo.com says to call suddenlink customer support.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post
Is it possible to MRV from a suddenlink tivo premiere to a personally owned series 3?

Suddenlink customer support says to register their tivo on my account at tivo.com and tivo.com says to call suddenlink customer support.
Can't stream to a Series 3 Tivo - only transfers. Streaming has to be between two Premieres.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Can't stream to a Series 3 Tivo - only transfers. Streaming has to be between two Premieres.
He didn't say anything about streaming. The term Multi-Room Viewing has been around since TiVo-to-TiVo transfers were first enabled. That's why some people in this forum suggested the use of MRS when streaming first appeared.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Between Tivos, yes.. But I only found out about StreamBaby the other day (since the OS X GUI app for pyTivo has both it and StreamBaby). It lets you stream from a computer to the tivo.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
SDLshannon

Quote:

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. Please email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com and I will be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!
SDLshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
He didn't say anything about streaming. The term Multi-Room Viewing has been around since TiVo-to-TiVo transfers were first enabled. That's why some people in this forum suggested the use of MRS when streaming first appeared.
Guess we need clarification from the OP as to what he meant. Unfortunately, the term multi-room viewing sometimes get used in advertising for cable, or other providers, to mean streaming.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:

If you are just trying to do normal transfers between boxes then, yes, the Suddenlink box needs to be on your Tivo.com account as far as I know. I have Suddenlink here in Texas but not their Premiere so I don't know if you can actually put their box on your Tivo account. They must have a way to do transfers between a pair of their boxes because I see them advertising that and the streaming capability all the time. Maybe you need to call Suddenlink and ask them what you would need to do to enable that capability if you were to get another one of their boxes. That answer may shed some light on your current issue.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
unitron

Quote:

All of your TiVos need to have the same Media Access Key, and ordinarily the way you get that is to have all of them listed on the same account at TiVo, so Suddenlink will need to make arrangements with TiVo.

But before they do, write down the MAK for all of your TiVos and if the Suddenlink has a different one, see if someone else in your area has a TiVo through them and if it has the same MAK.

If so, maybe you can setup a server running Desktop and swap shows.

Not practical, but that's one of those "do it at least once just because you can and just to prove it can be done" things.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote