TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
ssjimmy

transfer Tivo service to a Premiere

Hi Everyone I have a Tivo HD that I have had for almost 5 years and the HDMI port just gave out which seems to be a common problem. I heard some people were buying a new tivo and using the change service number feature on the website. some people said they were able to keep there lower monthly service some said they couldn't so not sure. Im very interested if this works because i was lucky to get the $3.95 plan because of working with Circuit City and would really like to keep that but upgrade to the premiere boxes. Please let me know if anyone has had any luck with this.
ssjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

If you want to upgrade to Premiere and transfer service, you have to call TiVo and talk to a CSR.

There is the slightest chance that if you offer to pay full price for a Premiere, they might let you transfer service from the Tivo HD.

This is a big IF. I believe a few people were able to do this with their $6.95 plans, not sure about your special $3.95 plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjimmy View Post
Hi Everyone I have a Tivo HD that I have had for almost 5 years and the HDMI port just gave out which seems to be a common problem. I heard some people were buying a new tivo and using the change service number feature on the website. some people said they were able to keep there lower monthly service some said they couldn't so not sure. Im very interested if this works because i was lucky to get the $3.95 plan because of working with Circuit City and would really like to keep that but upgrade to the premiere boxes. Please let me know if anyone has had any luck with this.
One of the S3HD boxes I had came with the HDMI already toast but got a great picture using component video.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
ssjimmy

I called Tivo and they said I could send my Tivo HD in to replaced with a new Tivo HD for $150 or I can upgrade to a Premiere 45 hour for $199 and keep my $3.95 monthly plan. thats a good deal to me just dont have the money since im in the middle of buying a house. may take advantage of this next year though.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I'd say that's a good deal...less than what I thought it would be.
I guess you're lucky your Tivo 'still works' for the most part.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
ssjimmy

that is a sale prive usually its $299 but i guess this week they have $100 off but the guy said they always have some deals and there rotated pretty often so i am not worried about waiting. I also want to wait and see what Ceton offers with there new DVR the Ceton Q we shall see what the price of that ends up at.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Keep the HD on your $3.95 plan and use component instead of HDMI - the Premiere is not that much of an upgrade over an HD. It's certainly not worth $199. An Elite/XL4 is a worthy upgrade, a stock Premiere no.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjimmy View Post
may take advantage of this next year though.
What they offer today may be very different than what they'll offer next week and God only knows what they'll be willing to offer next year.