TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
rogmatic

Can anyone get the season pass manager to work on tivo.com?

When I reorganize my season passes, I rarely am able to get the changes to save. Is there a secret to doing it? It is pretty frustrating when I spend a good amount of time reorganizing them and then lose all of the work. It obviously takes way too long to reorganize on the Tivo itself, so I was curious how others deal with this. Do you rely on the app?
rogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
SeanC
ECT

I tried it once or twice and had the same issue, none of the changes I made in the web interface showed up on my Tivo.
SeanC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I tried it once or twice and had the same issue, none of the changes I made in the web interface showed up on my Tivo.
I have never had an issue using the online. Usually takes about 15 min for the Tivo to update
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
ShayL

I have setup several through the web. It usually works except for the times when I schedule it for the wrong channel like HBO2 vs HBO. The website seems to hide the channel or I maybe missing it that when I setup the SP.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmatic View Post
When I reorganize my season passes, I rarely am able to get the changes to save. Is there a secret to doing it? It is pretty frustrating when I spend a good amount of time reorganizing them and then lose all of the work. It obviously takes way too long to reorganize on the Tivo itself, so I was curious how others deal with this. Do you rely on the app?
I've had issues the few times I've used it, especially if rearranging more than 2 or 3 season passes. The move reorganizing I do the less likely it seems to succeed.

So it's ok for setting the priority for a newly added SP, but useless for reshuffling a bunch at once.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
I have never had an issue using the online. Usually takes about 15 min for the Tivo to update
I would think an hour would be the max. Don't the broadband connected TiVos "phone home" once an hour?
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
edtude

Never had an issue
edtude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
Cynthia Blue

I just got a Tivo couple days ago, set up all my season passes online... I think they worked okay, when I got home I seemed to see them all ready to roll... but I'll double check tonight. Don't want to miss anything!
Cynthia Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
jrtroo
User

I don't think anyone is claiming that season passes are not being set up, it is their priority that is in question.

I have not had a problem with it, but I don't appear to watch the details as closely as the posters above.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
justen_m

I have had problems when changing priorities of existing passes. It seems to work fine if I just move a few passes around, but things go haywire when I start rearranging more than a half dozen passes. I do this at the beginning of the season when new shows premiere, days for some shows change, etc. Plus, I've got two Tivos, and need to coordinate things myself when there are multiple conflicts. (COOPERATIVE SCHEDULING WOULD BE NICE TIVO!)
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
saidur001

Thanks, it is helpful to me
saidur001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thread Bump!

I just got a used Premier to replace a Tivo-HD. I just found out about the Season Pass Manager and have been trying to use it to move my SPs from the old Tivo to the new one. It looks like it moved 3 then just stopped. I have tried removing everything from SPM and re-adding it. Any one has any suggestion on how to fix this?
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
mattack

kmttg can move season passes. (I have not used this myself)

Yes, it is VERY unfortunate that you have to use third party software to get better results than the official stuff.. But it's better than nothing at all.

I suggest COMPLAINING ON TIVO'S OFFICIAL FORUMs.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
BruceShultes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I would think an hour would be the max. Don't the broadband connected TiVos "phone home" once an hour?
I don't guarantee I am correct, but I believe even the broadband connected Tivos still "phone home" only once a day.

The way to make sure any changes are downloaded to your Tivo is to force a connection.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
socrplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceShultes View Post
I don't guarantee I am correct, but I believe even the broadband connected Tivos still "phone home" only once a day.

The way to make sure any changes are downloaded to your Tivo is to force a connection.
Tivo's only download guide information and other settings once a day. That is one method, but there are other methods for getting information to the Tivo. Currently, things like recording requests are done much more frequently (at least every hour, but probably like 15 min). Another example, transferring a purchase from Amazon starts in a much faster time. There are different ways of achieving this. I presume something like the season pass manager would use a more frequent method than the once a day call. My guess is it should be reflected within 15 minutes to an hour.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote