TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Embowe

Logitech k400 doesn't work I assume?

I was poking around online looking at TiVo tricks..and came upon the USB keyboard... I tried my Logitech k400 with no luck... from what I read the keyboard needed to have a "unifying" receiver (which this does have)..I guess it wasn't supposed to be a plug and play like I was hoping?
Embowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embowe View Post
I was poking around online looking at TiVo tricks..and came upon the USB keyboard... I tried my Logitech k400 with no luck... from what I read the keyboard needed to have a "unifying" receiver (which this does have)..I guess it wasn't supposed to be a plug and play like I was hoping?
I'm not familiar with the Logitech K400, but I would have thought that it should work. I bought a VisionTek CandyBoard for use with my TiVo HD (or my Premiere), and it worked fine. If it works, it has to be plug-and-play since there's no way to install drivers on a TiVo. I did read comments online that the similar VisionTek Bluetooth keyboard would not work with a TiVo for some reason.

I was disappointed to find that TiVo has not bothered to define any USB keyboard key combinations to simulate the playback control keys: Play, FF, Rewind, Skip, Replay and Pause. If they would do that, the USB keyboard option would be much more useful. I need it for the times that my TiVo HD stops receiving remote commands for a while.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Embowe

I don't know if its P&P ... I used it on my laptop (where it automatically installed drivers if it needed them) I plugged the receiver into the back of the tivo and turned the keyboard on..let it sit for a few min just incase and still nothing... I am willing to guess that it just wasn't ment to be.. I don't use the tivo remote anyway (Logitech Harmony user) but the keyboard would be nice once and a while...

*EDIT*

On second look ..according to Logictech's website..the K400 is Plug and Play... now I am confused...LOL
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embowe View Post
I don't know if its P&P ... I used it on my laptop (where it automatically installed drivers if it needed them) I plugged the receiver into the back of the tivo and turned the keyboard on..let it sit for a few min just incase and still nothing... I am willing to guess that it just wasn't ment to be.. I don't use the tivo remote anyway (Logitech Harmony user) but the keyboard would be nice once and a while...

*EDIT*

On second look ..according to Logictech's website..the K400 is Plug and Play... now I am confused...LOL
You could make sure the keyboard and receiver are paired properly, but if they weren't it wouldn't work on your laptop either. Sometimes the receivers don't work quite as well as they should, so you could try using a USB extension cable to bring the receiver around to the front of the TiVo.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Embowe

It's no big deal..It was one of those things to try cause I was bored...LOL