TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
coreybryant
Texan at Heart

TC CLUB MEMBER
TiVo Desktop Plus

If I upgrade to TiVo Desktop Plus, will the shows automatically be converted for the Nexus 7, or can I choose which shows?

Also, once the shows are downloaded from the TiVos, is there an option to delete them from the TiVo?

I am so far behind on one show - so will the Plus have options to display the shows differently? Right now, it takes 5 minutes just to scan down to the last show for me to download / watch.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

All of this assumes you are not restricted for transferring by a cableco.

If you are computer literate, I would highly suggest pyTivo instead of TDP. But, TDP works for many folks and I won't bash it.

No remote delete from TDP. Only a premiere to premiere connection (or the tivo app) can do that.

I believe TDP can help offload to other formats for android devices. I have done this with pytivo together with handbrake, but not with TDP (all freeware, I'm relatively cheap when free is available).

However, you may be better off waiting a bit for the Stream to come to android- it can directly download content to your device. Then you can delete content from your android device. It is not clear when this will be available, but many in the iOS platform world seem to love it.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
coreybryant
Texan at Heart

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thanks, I am not worried about the ones I can't transfer. It's just a pain looking back and forth to make sure the programs are on TDP and deleting them from the Series2.

The Series3, I don't have that much of a problem with but since the new shows are starting, I would like to record more of those in HD.