TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
DouglasPHill

Hell On Wheels - The Lord’s Day - 09/30/2012

Great episode, love Durants wife, Lily sure turned into a whimp. It is such a shame that we only get 10 episodes per year. I would love double that.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

Now we know who wears the pants in the Durant family.

I can't wait until Bohannon FINALLY kills that damn Swede.

I wonder what Elam's new job opportunity is. Probably to make Liliy have an accidental death.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
caslu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Great episode, love Durants wife, Lily sure turned into a whimp. It is such a shame that we only get 10 episodes per year. I would love double that.
Lily has been a wimp for quite some time now, very disappointed in the character this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Now we know who wears the pants in the Durant family.

I can't wait until Bohannon FINALLY kills that damn Swede.

I wonder what Elam's new job opportunity is. Probably to make Liliy have an accidental death.
Virginia Madsen was great as Mrs. Durant.

The Swede's death is long overdue, he needs to go.

I got the feeling that Elam's new job opportunity was to kill Bohannon, but that he hasn't quite decided if he's going to do it.
caslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by caslu View Post
I got the feeling that Elam's new job opportunity was to kill Bohannon, but that he hasn't quite decided if he's going to do it.
I think that is more likely than to kill Lily (Durant would want to kill his rival, not his mistress). But it still seems unlikely to me. Would Durant really have Bohannon killed just because he thinks Lily slept with him? I think Durant cares about the railroad more than he cares about Lily, and killing Bohannon would not be good for the railroad. Even if the idea is to replace him with Elam, I think the railroad would be better off with Bohannon.

So I'm not sure what evil deed Durant asked Elam to do. Maybe it involves Durant's wife somehow? But then Elam would be unlikely to tell Bohannon that he would not like it.

I'm stumped.
john4200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caslu View Post
...I got the feeling that Elam's new job opportunity was to kill Bohannon, but that he hasn't quite decided if he's going to do it.
That's what I figured as well....but, as we know, things aren't always what they seem at Hell on Wheels...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

That's what makes this show fun. You don't get cliches, you get unexpected. Maybe Elam is tasked to kill the Swede since he sabotaged the bridge? Lot's of possibilities there.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
That's what makes this show fun. You don't get cliches, you get unexpected. Maybe Elam is tasked to kill the Swede since he sabotaged the bridge?
But "you won't like it" wouldn't apply. Bohannon would pass him the ammo.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
SeanC
ECT

Yeah the "you won't like it" part definitely seems to imply him or Lily, I had assumed him, but now that I'm thinking about it I think Lily is a more logical choice the way that conversation went.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
cheesesteak
Meh.

Durant can't be so dumb as to ask Elam to kill Bohannon even though he knows they're buddy-buddy. Or is he?

Shouldn't there be Chinese coolie workers or are they working for a California-to-east railroad line?

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Durant can't be so dumb as to ask Elam to kill Bohannon even though he knows they're buddy-buddy. Or is he?

Shouldn't there be Chinese coolie workers or are they working for a California-to-east railroad line?
On point 1: Didn't Bohanan and Elam have a fight and were not so friendly, and didn't that happen right before Durant got shot? I thought they became friendly again during the shootout that Durant wound up getting shot at. So it's conceivable that Durant doesn't know they are buddies now. (I could be remembering that wrong).

On point 2: I was thinking the same thing. I know the Chinese were very instrumental in building the railroad. So maybe you're right, it's only the on the West to East portion (In Blazing Saddles, it was the same thing, no Chinese but lots of black workers).
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
On point 2: I was thinking the same thing. I know the Chinese were very instrumental in building the railroad. So maybe you're right, it's only the on the West to East portion (In Blazing Saddles, it was the same thing, no Chinese but lots of black workers).
Previous Hell on Wheels threads linked to a discussion on why there aren't any Chinese workers, but yes, they're missing specifically because of the line that's being built as opposed to the others where they were common.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Yeah the "you won't like it" part definitely seems to imply him or Lily, I had assumed him, but now that I'm thinking about it I think Lily is a more logical choice the way that conversation went.
How about if Durant wants his wife out of the way? It's nto liek she's brinign anything to the table to help build the railroad.

BTW, it took me a while to place that face and realize it was Virginia Madsen ("Sideways")

Bohannon and Ferguson won't want to mess with her brother.

2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
How about if Durant wants his wife out of the way? It's nto liek she's brinign anything to the table to help build the railroad.
Wow, your fingers are too fast for your keyboard!

But I'm not sure Bohannon would care much about that. I suppose he does not want to see any woman murdered, but Elam's comment doesn't seem to completely fit that scenario.

Or did you not mean dead by "out of the way"? Maybe just scare her off somehow? But again, Elam's comment doesn't quite fit that scenario either.

I still cannot think of a scenario that matches what we know of Durant's motivations and Elam's comment.
john4200 is online now   Reply With Quote