TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
jtso

Saturday Night Live Thursday 9/27

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday -

I set a season pass for it last week, but the episode for 9/27 is not on my To Do List.

When I set the season pass last week, it was listed in the guide and the season pass manager as SNL Weekend Update. For this coming Thursday, it is Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday.

So I set a second season pass.
jtso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
starbreiz
Fangirl

I was checking my ToDo List earlier, and I noticed it says "No longer in the program guide". But I didn't check the guide data to see what it actually thought was on at that time.

Last Thursday, I had a problem on my Eiger where I set a Season Pass for that show while watching it Live, and it started recording it on both tuners, both on the same HD NBC channel. i wondered if something wonky with the guide data allowed it to do that. It's probably unrelated and just karma for selling my spare TiVo.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
mlsnyc

This messed me up because I didn't catch in time that the title changed in the Tivo guide from SNL Weekend Update Thursday to just SNL. What's extra aggravating is I do have an SP for the regular SNL so that should have picked this episode up anyway but it didn't. Oh well, at least it's on nbc.com so I should be able to get to watch it this weekend.
mlsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
starbreiz
Fangirl

mlsync: The shows have the same name, but likely a different program id, so the Program Guide Data sees them as two different shows. I hope that helps it make sense. And yes, the name change is silly, and confusing in the program list now.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
mlsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbreiz View Post
mlsync: The shows have the same name, but likely a different program id, so the Program Guide Data sees them as two different shows. I hope that helps it make sense. And yes, the name change is silly, and confusing in the program list now.
Thanks starbreiz. I didn't bother to check under the hood since the damage was already done, but I'm pretty sure you're right. And it's definitely most silly... changing the title in the first place causing my scheduled recording to get dropped, and then using the same name but a different ID to add to the confusion and frustration.
mlsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote