TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I agree that the Gemma/Tara feud is tiring and it appeared that was an excuse to bring Wendy back, but I can't help the feeling that Sutter has something planned for that storyline.
Gemma: "Or what, you gonna kill me?"
Tara: "No. But my husband might."

Foreshadowing?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Odd story. Johnny Lewis, otherwise known as 'Half Sack', was found dead yesterday...

http://www.tmz.com/
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #33
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Isn't it painfully obvious that Nero has more going on than just the brothel?

Someone is doing those home invasions...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #34
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Isn't it painfully obvious that Nero has more going on than just the brothel?

I think Clay is behind it with the 'new' Sons.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #35
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
I think Clay is behind it with the 'new' Sons.
Don't we already know that the new Sons "with the guy w/ 1 foot" was part of it.

Just the question of who ordered them. Most likely Clay (like you said)

But we do know 1/2 of the equation

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Odd story. Johnny Lewis, otherwise known as 'Half Sack', was found dead yesterday...

http://www.tmz.com/
Allegedly murdered his landlady and then either fell accidentally or killed himself by jumping. Very weird!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/johnny...-murder-rehab/
Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #37
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter On [9/25]’s Character Death
Old 09-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
A stupid Gemma thing: she told Nero that she has no love for Clay but why'd she kick the ho's butt?
She hates High School Musical. Obviously.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
sonnik
Innovations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
It comes on at 7pm on the west coast.
It comes on at 7pm on the West Coast if you're using DirecTV or another provider which broadcasts the East Coast feed.

A lot of people seem to forget that cable nets often offer dual feeds - which is what has always allowed them to say things like "Tonight at 8PM Eastern/Pacific".

Personally having DTV, I know that I can see SoA at 7p, but I have to make sure to not spoil it for a buddy who is a Cox Cable subscriber.
sonnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
Archangel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
There is little doubt in my mind, and probably anyone elses that was paying attention during the EP1 thread, that Clay was behind the beatdown on Unser and trashing his own house.

I suspect he's behind the first two as well, but he could have also just seen an opportunity to strike at Unser by mimicking the first two invasions if indeed someone else was behind those I guess.

Quote:
I agree that the Gemma/Tara feud is tiring and it appeared that was an excuse to bring Wendy back, but I can't help the feeling that Sutter has something planned for that storyline.
Me too. Been trying to not let it get to me but it really is starting to get old. We are fully aware that Tara has gone from timid little girl to Alpha bitch faster than any real adult could ever make that drastic of a change. Let's move on please. Even better let's just have a good ol' cat fight to the death where they are both mortally wounded....

Last edited by Archangel00 : 09-27-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #41
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
I wanna see one of them get a shave and a haircut. Maybe even be forced to go to a department store for a full set of clothes.
I caught a clip from season one and I couldn't believe what Opie looked like back then compared to know... He's needed a shower and a shave for like three seasons. I didn't even know that he was Gerry (Gary? Geary?) from "Remember the Titans" until halfway through the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I don't see any way Jax can get to Pope. Of course, this is tv so anything can happen.
That's one of the things I love about this season--Pope comes out of nowhere and makes everyone they've come up against in the past--Cohn, Stall, the white supremacists, the Irish, the Mayans, the Niners, the DA, Roosevelt--look like a bunch of kids on a playground. It's proving just how small time they really are. Tons of good stuff to come out of that.

I'm psyched to see what Sutter has planned for how they'll get out of this thing. It's gonna have to top the "intricate as ****" plan they enacted in season three to play Stall and not go to jail forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
I'm a bit disturbed at how anxious I am to see two people murdered as brutally as possible (the guard and Pope).
I said the same thing today. When Jax threatened the guard I was all "thank god, this guy needs some course correction..." I was worried it would get dropped but then he mentioned it again later so you know it's gonna be a thing. Actually looking forward to it--haha.

BTW, I was talking about the show with a coworker and she had a good point--wouldn't it have made more sense for them to give Pope Otto? His price was a dead son, he didn't care who, and Jax knows that Otto gave them up to the feds. It would have been a good way to wrap up that storyline while keeping the four in jail alive. I wonder why Sutter didn't go there... The obvious reason is that "the story is better if Opie dies", but he doesn't usually write like that--he doesn't do stuff just for the sake of it (typically)... I get that it wasn't stated that they were in Stockton (or was it?) but that shouldn't really matter, they could still get to Otto (or have Pope's people do it) and satisfy Pope's requirement. But oh well.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #42
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I get that it wasn't stated that they were in Stockton (or was it?) but that shouldn't really matter, they could still get to Otto (or have Pope's people do it) and satisfy Pope's requirement. But oh well.
I believe they were in San Joaqin County Lockup while they awaited trial, not Stockton State Prison where Otto is.

I forget what initials their orange jumpsuits had on them, but it wasn't Stocktons.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
That's one of the things I love about this season--Pope comes out of nowhere and makes everyone they've come up against in the past--Cohn, Stall, the white supremacists, the Irish, the Mayans, the Niners, the DA, Roosevelt--look like a bunch of kids on a playground. It's proving just how small time they really are. Tons of good stuff to come out of that.

I'm psyched to see what Sutter has planned for how they'll get out of this thing. It's gonna have to top the "intricate as ****" plan they enacted in season three to play Stall and not go to jail forever.
The interesting thing is they really don't have to get to Pope at all to take him down. All they have to do is make things difficult enough for him to look weak. Then, all the other big sharks will do their work for them.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #44
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
I believe they were in San Joaqin County Lockup while they awaited trial, not Stockton State Prison where Otto is.

I forget what initials their orange jumpsuits had on them, but it wasn't Stocktons.

phox
You are correct. There were a couple of times where they made reference to being in "county."

Also, people usually don't go straight to prison. They usually go to a local jail first, and sometimes county jails can be as big and secure as actual prisons.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

I knew pretty early Opie was going to die. He's the martyr type and this show wasn't going to let SAMCRO out without one dying.

Very intense scene.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #46
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

So we knew Opie went to prison to protect Jax and that he did. But was Jax stepping up to volunteer to be the one to die? I couldn't quite tell.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #47
Idearat

I was thinking Clay would have been a good one to serve up to Pope. While the IRA wouldn't deal with Jax while Clay was still around, having him killed by a rival gang might be enough to get them reconsider. That would have been a heck of a crap shoot though.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #48
cheesesteak
Meh.

Opie's death makes a lot of sense to me. It's a little like Sutter giving us the finger for getting all huffy that he won't kill Clay off despite the million and three reasons Clay should be deader than a door nail. "You want a major character to die? How 'bout *this* one, bitches?"

Who the heck works on the cars at the Teller-Morrow garage? That has to be the poorest run auto repair shop in the world.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #49
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
So we knew Opie went to prison to protect Jax and that he did. But was Jax stepping up to volunteer to be the one to die? I couldn't quite tell.
That seemed pretty clear to me...Opie preempted him.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #50
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post

phox
SJCCF (San Joaquin County Correctional Facility)
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #51
VegasVic
Craps Player

Originally I thought Jax could offer up anyone to Pope and I figured it would be one of the new guys, I didn't realize it had to be one of the 4 inside.

Very good episode and a very good season. I forgive Sutter for the whole Ireland storyline Although I hate Tara the character and actress I guess it's kind of interesting seeing her turn into Gemma.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #52
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
There is little doubt in my mind, and probably anyone elses that was paying attention during the EP1 thread, that Clay was behind the beatdown on Unser and trashing his own house.

I suspect he's behind the first two as well, but he could have also just seen an opportunity to strike at Unser by mimicking the first two invasions if indeed someone else was behind those I guess.
Maybe I missed something but I don't see how you can be so sure about it being Clay. Wasn't there a scene where the newer guys were shown with Clay's documents (birth and marriage certs, etc) and discussing what to do with them? If Clay was behind it, wouldn't he want them back?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
vertigo235

Quote:
If you read Sutter's commentary about the episode, yes he basically confirms that. At least, that's why Opie did what he did, because Ope "knew" that Jax would sacrafice himself.

vertigo235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
That seemed pretty clear to me...Opie preempted him.
I thought it did too.

But I watched this late and half asleep, and then thought "Wait, this dude wanted to be with his wife and kids more than anything and now will die for the club?"

So what was in it for the guys that killed Opie? He nailed one of them really hard. I think Opie could have fought better.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #55
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
I thought it did too.

But I watched this late and half asleep, and then thought "Wait, this dude wanted to be with his wife and kids more than anything and now will die for the club?"

So what was in it for the guys that killed Opie? He nailed one of them really hard. I think Opie could have fought better.
Revenge. I assume they were niners.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #56
Archangel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Also, people usually don't go straight to prison. They usually go to a local jail first, and sometimes county jails can be as big and secure as actual prisons.
Exactly. People just picked up off the street don't go straight to a state level prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Maybe I missed something but I don't see how you can be so sure about it being Clay. Wasn't there a scene where the newer guys were shown with Clay's documents (birth and marriage certs, etc) and discussing what to do with them? If Clay was behind it, wouldn't he want them back?
Seems to me the most telling thing was that Clay didn't have to hear what Unser had to say on the phone to know what had happened. Plus there is the whole ongoing betrayal issues between Unser and Clay.

The insurance money could be another motivation given Clay isn't in much of a position to "earn" right now and all the damged contents of the house is of little use to him any more. Trashing the house also serves as a way to lash out at Gemma too.

Don't really recall any commentary about the contents of the safe, other than they showed the documents, then them dumping the safe. I was pausing and moving around trying to read the documents so it is entirely possible I missed a small dialog blurb though. Didn't see any damage to the safe either so I assume they opened it with the combination given to them by Clay so they could remove it's contents and eventually return the items to him.

In the end Clay may not be behind any of it, but from what we've been shown so far it sure seems to point directly at him. If not for all three, then most certainly the invasion on his own home.

Last edited by Archangel00 : 09-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #57
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Originally I thought Jax could offer up anyone to Pope and I figured it would be one of the new guys, I didn't realize it had to be one of the 4 inside.
I don't see why it had to be one of them--didn't Pope just say "I need a dead Son" to save face...I know one of the four of them makes sense given the timing and the ease...he even said "I don't care which who" so I think technically, it could have been anyone... And even though they were in a different lockup, it would make sense that Pope would be connected to peeps in Stockton who could take out Otto as Jax's sacrifice. But it wouldn't have been as dramatic.

Can someone remind me how exactly the Galindo cartel came into play? I can't remember their origin. They came at the start of season four, right? When the guys got out Clay started muling coke, but I don't remember how that started. And Romeo was their contact and turned out to be CIA, but what is his game--is he trying to nail Galindo or IRA?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #58
rambler

Quote:
I didn't even know that he was Gerry (Gary? Geary?) from "Remember the Titans" until halfway through the series.
Holy smokes, if I didn't read this, I NEVER would have figured that out. RIP OPIE!!!
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #59
AliaDoh
Under the Radar

Part of me is glad that it was Opie, at least instead of one of the other choices. Opie has always seemed to be unable to pull himself out of bad situations and I don't think things would have gotten better for him, based on his attitude. I'd rather see Chibbs, Tig or Jax stay around in the long term. Sucks, though.
AliaDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #60
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
Holy smokes, if I didn't read this, I NEVER would have figured that out. RIP OPIE!!!
...and his "Strong Side! Left Side!" partner in the movie is one of the niners.

Well, not really.