Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Archangel00

Arrow Sons of Anarchy - "Laying Pipe" - 9/25/12

Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Poor Opie, that family sure was hit hard. First his wife, then his father and now him.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

FREAKING Yahoo, man. It's 9:30pm, hasn't aired on the West Coast yet... they spoiled Opie in a headline.

It's a sad state of YAMM (sorry, had to add that).

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #4
Ment

This show is too intense! The man JT wanted Jax to be has been bled out of him.

I really like the scenes with Tara and Gemma, 2.0 indeed
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Between this, Warehouse 13, and Hell On Wheels, this has been the week for "Dang! Didn't see THAT coming!"

Clearly Pope has no clue all the different kinds of hell that are going to rain down on him.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Shaunnick

My wife thought about swearing off the show after Dawn's brutal death. Seeing Opie get it has finished her.

I am still in for the long haul, but lord I hope something starts going right soon. If Jax and Tara keep slipping more into Clay and Gemma, things will be sad indeed.

So was that Ashley Tisdale that gave Clay his 'massage'?

If so that was a bit part, unless she will be back later.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
FREAKING Yahoo, man. It's 9:30pm, hasn't aired on the West Coast yet... they spoiled Opie in a headline.

It's a sad state of YAMM (sorry, had to add that).

Greg
It comes on at 7pm on the west coast.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
My wife thought about swearing off the show after Dawn's brutal death. Seeing Opie get it has finished her.

I am still in for the long haul, but lord I hope something starts going right soon. If Jax and Tara keep slipping more into Clay and Gemma, things will be sad indeed.

Huh? I think Dawn & Opie have made this show GOOD again. This years story line and towards the end of last season really REV'd up this series. There was a year there were it got a tad stale. I love when things start spiraling out of control. Loved watching Jax helpless knowing someone was going to die. Now he is out and is going to probably blow things up big time.

Super Excited for this series again...
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
tlc

Quote:
There was a shot of Jax's face -- I think after telling Tig he's getting out -- where I really started seeing him look like Clay. Just as Tara has visually transformed into Jemma.

So, he told Pope he could have Tig later. It's probably the plan to wipe out Pope before that happens. But could it be that he really doesn't care about troublemaker Tig anymore? Either way, Pope dies at the end of the season.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Huh? I think Dawn & Opie have made this show GOOD again. This years story line and towards the end of last season really REV'd up this series. There was a year there were it got a tad stale. I love when things start spiraling out of control. Loved watching Jax helpless knowing someone was going to die. Now he is out and is going to probably blow things up big time.

Super Excited for this series again...
I guess I should provide context. It is not because she thinks the show is bad because of the deaths, it is because as a mother she felt Tig's pain as his daughter burned and because over the years she has got used to Opie being a permanent piece on the show on top of his family always being **** on and now he gets a beat to death. Plus his kids now have nothing left but a crazy grandmother.

It's all fiction, but it is still impactful.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
It comes on at 7pm on the west coast.
So then, Yahoo was in the right?

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
chronatog7
Ill 'Gotten Gains!

This season is becoming one of the best.
The Opie scene hurt. Watching Jax seeing the fight and the other members not looking was very impactful.

We are seeing Jax becoming a hard core member. He is shredding the last hope of "can we just get along" mentality.

I love when he got out of the whole and he told the guard he was going to kill him. Looking forward to Pope's death. NO HOPE FOR POPE.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
So then, Yahoo was in the right?

Greg
Beats me.
Your complaint said that it was was spoiled before it aired. You said that posted it at 9:30, which would actually be 2 1/2 hours after it started ( or 90 mins after it ended ). What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? Given so many people have DVRs now lots of people are time shifting, so any period of time could still spoil it for some one.

Maybe putting it the headline was bad (I didn't see it) but I know if you posted that Opie was beat to death in a thread title here the villagers would be after you with torches and pitchforks.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
Maybe putting it the headline was bad (I didn't see it) but I know if you posted that Opie was beat to death in a thread title here the villagers would be after you with a pipe.
FYP.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
3 episode arc according to the internets, and Mr. Sutter.

I just have to say wow to the whole episode.
Knew someone was going to die, but no way it would be any of the main characters, then bam! it was.

I must be way to invested in this show, I had a hard time watching anything else after watching this, then it took a while to fall asleep.

Why couldn't it have been Bobby, or Juice, or another one of the prospects?

It had to be Ope to set everything in motion and get Jax where he needs to be.

Really looking forward to the promise made to the prison guard fulfilling itself though.
"I will find out who you are and where you live, then I am going to kill you"

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
Sadara
huh?

I'm blown away by this episode. I looked up and couldn't believe the whole show was already done.

I am bummed bummed bummed that Opie is gone. First thing I thought of was his kids, can you tell I'm a mom!?!

I will be sticking with it, but I'm not at all liking the path things are going down right now. And good for Tara for standing up to Gemma. Gemma has done gone back sh*t crazy!!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Archangel00

I'm still speechless.........
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
mrdazzo7

I didn't have time to watch last night but was overly eager so I clicked the thread just to see if teh first line or two revealed a vibe ("Holy crap, what a good episode!" or (" This show sucks now--worst episode ever")... I knew it was risky but I couldn't help it. All I saw was a sad face and "poor opie" so I figured he'd be gone. I wish I didn't do that because I would have been watching the whole episod ewondering what Sutter would come up with to get the four of them out of that situation (thinking they were all main characters and it's only the third episode so there's no way he'd kill one of them)... but since I knew something happened to Opie, it killed the suspense a little bit.

And if I hadn't read the post I would have known someone died because before I had gotten to that part of the episode I had to jump online and when I clicked on Yahoo it was all "Major character death shocks viewers" with a picture of SOA, lol. It didn't say it was Opie though. Dit specifcially say what happened in the headline posted last night? That's ridiculous to me. I get that "technically" once an episode airs it's fair game but given how DVR heavy society is now, there's no excuse for stuff like that. It's an issue of ettiquite. What they did today was more acceptable--it's the day after, and they didn't just blurt out who it was on the Yahoo home page.

Anyway, this is gearing up to be one of the best seasons to date (I say that every season)...so much stuff going on I almost need a note pad with me when I watch. I hope Jax follows through on his threat to the guard--the best part of dispicable a**hole characters like that is when the universe finally collects. And I can't wait to see what they do to Pope. Ordinarily it'd be a moral gray area (they did kill his daughter after all, so him getting revenge isn't crazy), but at this point, he took the game to whole new level and will have to be dealt with. It's gonna be awesome when that finally happens.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
AliaDoh
Under the Radar

I have had major plot twists from various shows spoiled for me by Entertainment Weekly magazine, often very soon after the show has played. One I can remember off the top of my head was the major event near the end of the first season of Game of Thrones. It really would have been nice to be able to watch that without foreknowledge!
AliaDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

The Niner Pope wanted in exchange was not Ope's equal. I too can't wait when he gets his.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
And if I hadn't read the post I would have known someone died because before I had gotten to that part of the episode I had to jump online and when I clicked on Yahoo it was all "Major character death shocks viewers" with a picture of SOA, lol. It didn't say it was Opie though. Dit specifcially say what happened in the headline posted last night?
The headline I read last night was "Bad night for Opie on Sons of Anarchy". Combine that with the "Sons of Anarchy will lose one of their own... but who?" posts all week, and there you go.

Even though spoilers suck from people posting here or to other places like FB you kind of understand it. People get excited. But the headline on a news site is uncalled for. It's not like the show aired days ago (last night).

And yes I screwed up, it aired at 7. I can still be pissed.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wanna see one of them get a shave and a haircut. Maybe even be forced to go to a department store for a full set of clothes.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.

Damn, Ope.

I hope Tig and the prison guard die a horrible death.

I don't see any way Jax can get to Pope. Of course, this is tv so anything can happen.

It took me three times to get through this episode because Gemma serves no purpose other than to stir things up plotwise. There's no logical reason for her to be part of this story any more. I know some people don't like Tara. I do but I can't stand Gemma any more. She's like a monkey in the zoo that just hurls her crap at people. Gemma got on my nerves twice in the first half hour so I switched to watching something else, then went to bed. I saw the Yahoo headline this morning and thought "Hmm. Maybe I should watch the rest of SOA"

A stupid Gemma thing: she told Nero that she has no love for Clay but why'd she kick the ho's butt? She should have tuned up the half dead Clay for showing up at her new man's place and "pissing on Nero's shoes".

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 09-27-2012 at 06:24 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
jeepair

Jax talking to the Guard. I kept saying he should have done that earlier when the guard asked Jax to choose. He should have said, stop this or I'll kill your wife, your kids, your mother, your father, your siblings and finally YOU. Your entire blood line will cease to exist.... and that goes for each of you guards too.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post
Jax talking to the Guard. I kept saying he should have done that earlier when the guard asked Jax to choose. He should have said, stop this or I'll kill your wife, your kids, your mother, your father, your siblings and finally YOU. Your entire blood line will cease to exist.... and that goes for each of you guards too.
Jax is smarter than you.

He waited until he was no longer under the guard's complete and utter control over his life and death before he threatened him.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #26
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Jax is smarter than you.

He waited until he was no longer under the guard's complete and utter control over his life and death before he threatened him.
I thought the guard should have killed Jax before he finished the threat.

By now, these guys should have figured out that being in SAMCRO sucks and take the first thing smoking out of Charming.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I thought the guard should have killed Jax before he finished the threat.
But at that point Jax was already walking through the door into general population, with presumably guards on the other side of the door who presumably weren't on Fight Club's payroll.

Fight Club only had control over the Sons when they were actually in isolation. Jax waited until he was walking out to threaten him. (Well, not so much a threat as a calm statement of fact. )

All that said, however, it is a bit strange that Fight Club can arrange for several inmates to beat another to death, with weapons, in isolation, without consequences.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
WhiskeyTango

I'm a bit disturbed at how anxious I am to see two people murdered as brutally as possible (the guard and Pope).
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
dimented
Comfortably Numb

That was a very intense scene. This is gearing up to be a great season.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #30
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Loving it so far. Two very disturbing scenes (for me) - Dawn's BBQ and Opie's final moments.

You just know that they are not going unavenged. I loved Jax's 'promise'.

I agree that the Gemma/Tara feud is tiring and it appeared that was an excuse to bring Wendy back, but I can't help the feeling that Sutter has something planned for that storyline.