TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Dlcrouch

Extra recordings in HD Recordings Folder

There are a number of recordings in the HD Recordings folder I know I did not setup for recording. Anyone else see the same thing?
Dlcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
lpwcomp

No. But then, I have suggestions turned off.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
moyekj

Any and every HD recording you have ends up in that folder as well as a separate entry in My Shows. At 1 point when HD channels were less available than they are today TiVo thought it was a good idea to have a separate folder indicating which recordings are in HD. These days the folder is pretty much useless to most and they should just get rid of it. I don't have a single SD channel in my TiVo channel list anymore so the folder is completely useless to me.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Any and every HD recording you have ends up in that folder. At 1 point when HD channels were less available than they are today TiVo thought it was a good idea to have a separate folder indicating which recordings are in HD. These days the folder is pretty much useless to most and they should just get rid of it.
They need to have an SD folder.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
They need to have an SD folder.
they do- it's called "recently deleted" ;-)
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
mattack

I use the HD recordings folder because it's an easy way to have all of the CNET HD podcasts in one folder (I subscribe to several of the feeds, and DO have some duplicates.. the downloading used to seem flakier to me a few years ago, so having the duplicates was a way to ensure I most likely had all of them). I record ALMOST nothing else HD, due to disk space issues. (Even with a 2 TB drive, which I currently don't have, that's not a TON of HD recording, since I like to keep LOTS of shows around. Though I'm on a TivoHD, and IIRC, at least without any Windows-based upgrade tools, I'm limited to ~1.5 TB anyway.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
FiddyownzX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
No. But then, I have suggestions turned off.
Lmfao
FiddyownzX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I record ALMOST nothing else HD, due to disk space issues. (Even with a 2 TB drive, which I currently don't have, that's not a TON of HD recording, since I like to keep LOTS of shows around. Though I'm on a TivoHD, and IIRC, at least without any Windows-based upgrade tools, I'm limited to ~1.5 TB anyway.)
You might be surprised. I was. I used to have a 1TB hard drive in my TiVo HD, and I was running into space issues.
I put a 2 TB hard drive in last year and now my RD folder consistantly has more shows than my NPL.
Of course that will change now that fall TV is starting up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote