TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #31
newsposter
Poster of News

they were shocked that on 750K of sales they made 60K and that 60% margin..they said where is all your money going?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #32
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Looks like it's still for cheaters.

http://www.cateapp.com/pages/faqs
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #33
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I hear the ads on Adam Carolla enough, a dozen roses are $19.99.. That seems a looooot more reasonable than a $20 pint of ice cream.

(Adam Carolla does mostly live reads of ads. Just like product placement in movies/TV shows, live reads mostly don't bother me.. Plus Adam often goofs up and makes other comments during the ads… I still FF once in a while, but mostly not. The canned ones at the beginning/end of the shows, I 30 second skip past on my phone.)
Have you ever tried to get a dozen roses for $19? Yeah that works on the side of the road but the places online that is just to get you in the door. Then they tack on the box, wrapping them and you can pay $20 more for a vase. Then on top of all that you get to pay for shipping. I tried to pay $20 for roses once with shipping and packaging it was almost $55.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #34
newsposter
Poster of News

http://www.royers.com/usrf.cfm?produ...rn=displaypage

i doubt the link will work but thats 15.99 for some pinks..dozen. very nice i think del is about 10 or so..relatively fair id think

word of warning dont EVER order from proflowers...

!

Old 09-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
inaka

Even if you can find some online examples of $20 roses, it sill pales in comparison to the ice cream gift, IMO. Don't forget, this isn't just some stock flavor of ice cream you send to someone. It's a customized flavor, based on what you think they would like, complete with a customized flavor name and label. It's a great idea, and again, comparing to store bought ice cream, yes, it's pricey, but comparing it to something more comparable like an edible arrangement, I don't think it's outrageously priced at all, and a much nicer gift.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
pmyers

I did agree that it would be easy for a localized company to come in and take over due to lower/no shipping costs.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #37
Ment

Agree, I'd rather receive my own custom ice cream flavor (make mine coffee,Dulce de leche, dark chocolate and pecans and call it Coffee Nutter please ; ) than some frou frou edible arrangement or flowers.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #38
newsposter
Poster of News

they even say no shipping if you pick it up in their store..how nice..and i think 15 for local shipping

!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #39
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post

also i like when they do stick to their 24 second clock...shows them snooze or lose is real and they better make up their minds. .i think the surf board will become a treadmill..sitting in the corner with clothing hanging after the novelty wears off

80 for ice cream isnt that bad..when i priced out some PSU creamery ice cream mailed it was pretty darn expensive. so custom ice cream would be worth something..too bad they wound up with zero
I hate when Cuban does his "24 second shot clock". He is such a bully. He forces someone to make a huge decision like that under duress just so he can prohibit the other sharks from getting a chance to make an offer or counter.

$80 for ice cream is ridiculous. Gift or not.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #40
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I hate when Cuban does his "24 second shot clock". He is such a bully. He forces someone to make a huge decision like that under duress just so he can prohibit the other sharks from getting a chance to make an offer or counter...
I'd like to see somebody use it against him or the other Sharks and say "I'm taking his offer right now unless one of you Sharks chimes in right now and beats it.".
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #41
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I hate when Cuban does his "24 second shot clock". He is such a bully. He forces someone to make a huge decision like that under duress just so he can prohibit the other sharks from getting a chance to make an offer or counter.

$80 for ice cream is ridiculous. Gift or not.

i saw many times that is tossed to the wind and he really doesnt follow it...also the fubu dude also says stuff like that all the time..i have an offer but you say yes to it now...he is a bully under your definition

also we really dont know the duration of these things..could be 30 min each..like in the apprentice..boardrooms were hours, not 20 min.

!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yeah, but didn't it also mention phone calls too? It seemed to me like they were at least IMPLYING that it was filtering the 'normal' means in (phone calls & regular text messages), neither of which I suspect is actually do-able.

So yeah, it presumably has to be just in that app on both ends.. you know people will get lazy and quit using that app.
You can do this with Android already, and you don't need 'cateapp' to do it.
classicX is offline   Reply With Quote