TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
kwheless

Lost Channels

I have an older Tivo - I think it's a Phillips Series 2 - with lifetime service. I added an ethernet adapter a few years ago. I checked my Tivo this morning and I'd lost all my channels above 60 - when I checked the cable lineups, I only had two options, basic and extended basic. (Extended basic is selected but it doesn't offer all the channels that I normally have with extended basic - I have Comcast.) Usually I have about a half dozen choices of cable lineups. If I tune into the channels manually, they're still available through my cable box - Tivo just isn't recognizing that they exist. I didn't get any message from Tivo about removing channels.

I'm trying to call in again and if that doesn't work, I'll try a reset, but any ideas? It's very frustrating since most of my scheduled recordings aren't working because the channel no longer exists, according to Tivo. Since my Tivo is so old (I bought it in about 2000), I assume I no longer get any service from Tivo in terms of calling them and asking for help.
kwheless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
LifeIsABeach

You can certainly still call TiVo and ask for help. May get more help here though.

It could be that your channel lineup has changed names. Try rerunning Guided Setup. The lineup you are looking for may be called something else. Before that try going to zap2it.com -> TV Listings -> Set Preferences and see if you can find your lineup. That is what TiVo uses for its guide data. Good Luck!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwheless View Post
I have an older Tivo - I think it's a Phillips Series 2 - with lifetime service. I added an ethernet adapter a few years ago. I checked my Tivo this morning and I'd lost all my channels above 60 - when I checked the cable lineups, I only had two options, basic and extended basic. (Extended basic is selected but it doesn't offer all the channels that I normally have with extended basic - I have Comcast.) Usually I have about a half dozen choices of cable lineups. If I tune into the channels manually, they're still available through my cable box - Tivo just isn't recognizing that they exist. I didn't get any message from Tivo about removing channels.

I'm trying to call in again and if that doesn't work, I'll try a reset, but any ideas? It's very frustrating since most of my scheduled recordings aren't working because the channel no longer exists, according to Tivo. Since my Tivo is so old (I bought it in about 2000), I assume I no longer get any service from Tivo in terms of calling them and asking for help.
The problem may be that the extended basic channels are now digital only so the Tivo will no longer be able to tune them. That's what I suspect if the cable box gets them but the Tivo doesn't.