Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #361
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, those kind of untagged spoilers just RUIN the viewing experience. Here I was, just assuming the second episode was going to suck, but then I found out it was a very good episode before I even had a chance to watch it.

Crap....now I just CAN'T watch it and enjoy it.....bah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
So where is the "right" thread? Since there is no episode two thread.
I haven't watched E2 yet, otherwise I would have created one....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #362
eddyj

The fact that we are discussing the lack of a thread in another thread does not bode well for this show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #363
danterner
Not it!

Here I am ready to discuss (in spoilers) casting shown at the end of episode 2, in the preview for episode 3, but no place to go to do it...

...too lazy to start the Episode 2 thread on my own.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #364
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Here I am ready to discuss (in spoilers) casting shown at the end of episode 2, in the preview for episode 3, but no place to go to do it...

...too lazy to start the Episode 2 thread on my own.
Oh...alright....I'll do it....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #365
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Any predictions on the ratings for tonight's episode? Last week was a 4.1 with little competition other than MNF in the East and Central. Tonight it will be against the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Castle, as well as MNF.

As a fan of this show, I'll be very pleased if it gets anything above a 3.0, and will still be optimistic if it's above a 2.7. If it falls much more than that, then then I'll start to be a little pessimistic about its long-term chances.
Episode 2 pulled a 3.5, fairly easily beating Castle and Hawaii 5-0 in the key demo. That's a very good number. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC pulls an HBO and orders a second season right now. (Actually, I would, because the broadcast nets never do that, but you have to imagine they're pretty giddy at 30 Rock).
Old 09-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #366
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Episode 2 pulled a 3.5, fairly easily beating Castle and Hawaii 5-0 in the key demo. That's a very good number. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC pulls an HBO and orders a second season right now. (Actually, I would, because the broadcast nets never do that, but you have to imagine they're pretty giddy at 30 Rock).
Wow, a 3.5 for the second episode against other season premieres and MNF - that's very impressive. I guess the endless promotion NBC did over the last couple months really paid off.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #367
aaronwt
HD Addict

I see now that some of the DVR ratings are in, the Revolution premiere had the highest gain ever for a premiere on any network from Live plus same day to Live plus three day.
It went from a 4.09 to a 5.45 rating. Which also makes it NBCs best Premiere at 10PM in almost eight years. When Medium premiered.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ecords/150082/
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #368
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Damn! I was hoping it had sucked, so I would not have to track it down after missing the recording.

If you actually do want to watch it, it is being repeated Saturday at 8pm.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #369
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
I fell asleep watching it last night.

Glad I can read about how it did in this thread without having to worry about spoilers.

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #370
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see now that some of the DVR ratings are in, the Revolution premiere had the highest gain ever for a premiere on any network from Live plus same day to Live plus three day.
It went from a 4.09 to a 5.45 rating. Which also makes it NBCs best Premiere at 10PM in almost eight years. When Medium premiered.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ecords/150082/
It comes on at 10?
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #371
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
It comes on at 10?
Or 9, Central Time.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #372
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
Or 9, Central Time.
Oh. I just set up the season pass and walk away. As long as I don't get any conflicts I don't bother looking. I don't even know what day it airs, my TiVo takes care of that for me.
180hr S2

Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #373
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
Oh. I just set up the season pass and walk away. As long as I don't get any conflicts I don't bother looking. I don't even know what day it airs, my TiVo takes care of that for me.
I think the main reason I remembered is that I usually watch 7-8 PM shows the night they're on. I usually watch the news at 9 PM, and go to bed at 10, so I didn't see Revolution until the next evening.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #374
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I think the main reason I remembered is that I usually watch 7-8 PM shows the night they're on. I usually watch the news at 9 PM, and go to bed at 10, so I didn't see Revolution until the next evening.
I will admit there are a couple I know, Doctor Who is one of them. I know the day but not the time since I can't get BBC America without a cable card and with cable cards I can't transfer shows, so I bought a season pass on Amazon to the show. It's generally available Saturday morning, the day after it airs.
180hr S2

Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #375
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid View Post
There were small trees growing there too, but I won't harp on the grassy airport complaint anymore.
There are many trees that will happily grow on a half-inch of soil that's piled up on top of a rock, and then grow its roots around the side of the rock when that's used up. They just don't get much larger than that and then get uprooted by wind, but it's still common. If they'd had large trees that would be more problematic.

Twenty seconds into the show my wife hit pause and said "Honey, if you ever come home and say 'fill the tubs and sinks with water' I will not stare at you gape-mouthed, I will fill the tubs and sinks with water." Ten seconds after we started it again she stopped it and said "And she knew something could happen?" I wonder, though, if she wouldn't be just as paralyzed with panic as Elizabeth Mitchell's character was.

I am always nervous about a show prominently featuring teenagers, and especially when they go out of their way right at the start to be annoying and stupid. And so many of these shows depend so heavily on the characters being stupid anyway. Even Big Bad Uncle was pretty stupid: "I'm going to stay here despite the fact that they're coming for me. They came for me. Okay, now that everything happened exactly as I knew it would, now I guess I won't stay here." I hope that the show won't keep depending on the Stupid Ball being passed around.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #376
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I hope that the show won't keep depending on the Stupid Ball being passed around.
Sadly, I would bet the Stupid Ball actually breeds and multiplies.

eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #377
philw1776

I'm going to try to man up and force myself to watch Episode 2 despite the poor writing on yet another interesting premise, e.g. Terra Nova. Sad that FlashForward seemed much better.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #378
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheesi View Post
... A better question would be: if the electro-chemical processes in a simple battery don't work, how the heck do people work? We're just a bundle of electro-chemical processes ourselves...
Exactly.

If even batteries don't work, that means chemistry doesn't work, it means molecules don't have anything to hold them together, and maybe even atoms don't either.

Suspension of disbelief is one thing, suspension of all logic and any knowledge whatsoever of scientific principles is something else altogether.

Why am I suddenly thinking of politics?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote