TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #541
litzdog911
TechKnow Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I did a clear and reset 2 hrs ago but its still going. I thought it was supposed to only take an hour. I only had 6 passes.
What sort of "clear and reset" and did you do?

If you did a "Clear and Delete Everything", then you'll need to repeat the Tivo's Guided Setup, which requires a phone call to the mothership.
HR10-250 HD DVR 400GB (v6.4a)
H21-200 HD Receiver
R10 DVR 160GB (v6.4a)
litzdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #542
tomc585

Quote:
Originally Posted by litzdog911 View Post
What sort of "clear and reset" and did you do?

If you did a "Clear and Delete Everything", then you'll need to repeat the Tivo's Guided Setup, which requires a phone call to the mothership.
Not the clear and delete everything. She's good now, just took a long time. I just left it and when I came back home (4hrs later) she was up and running with the final local channel that was still missing.

Thanks to all in this thread who helped.

I did notice we now have a "recycle bin" where we can retrieve delete programs.

HR21-200
SD-DVR320
D11-100
tomc585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #543
elric1v

3.5d backup image

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsch View Post

If you don't mind starting from scratch I have a mfslive 3.5d backup image.
Hi, ronsch, you indicated that you have a mfslive 3.5d backup image suitable for a DSR6000R01. Would you be willing to share it?

I'd be happy to post a torrent for it and seed it in case anyone else needs it, too. Like others, I'm stuck at 3.5c and never downloaded 3.5d; I don't care about the shows on there (I've already done a c&d all) but I'd like to be able to get the local channels back. Apologies if I'm breaking the rules here (I checked the FAQs and didn't see anything) but an image or slices seems like the only way to get these things working again! Thanks!
elric1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #544
Celusil

Well it's been a long time since I logged on here (forum says sept 2010)
I have had Sat t-60 for 10 years constantly plugged in - I have had to replace HD ever now and then, and the last time I had weaknees replace because I didn't want to F with it. I live in chicago
one Sat-t60 has 3.5d all local channels work well. Around the beginning of august the other tivo which as 3.5b lost 2,5,7 to blank screens and 32 doesn't even show up in the channels available.

I wish I would have checked here before buying a new multi-switch. Why I thought a new multi-switch would fix it I have no idea.

I have read this entire thread all 28 pages (some I skimmed) and it appears that I have limited options. after speaking with weaknees I can buy an upgrade kit which would replace 2 perfectly good HDs and lose all my recordings. I can send it to them, but they would upgrade 2 perfectly good HDs and lose all my recordings.

I can upgrade to the new DTV Tivo, pay the xtra 10 for HD service even though I don't have an HD dish and don't really need it. I would also have to pay for the premium dvr -

my monthly is already $105, my wife wants me to kill all TV as it is.

or, it seems, I could go through what seems to me a complicated upgrade to 3.5d where I may or may not lose all my recordings. 10 years ago I was willing to hack, now not sure I have time or the will to do it.

Seems to me Dtv should provide the 3.5d software, however it looks like they will not.

I was on the phone to D* last night, tech wasn't aware of this software problem at first he had to leave and talk to others 2-3 times before he got an inkling of the issue (this started in APRIL it is now Sept. )

He did say something informative that I didn't see in this thread. He told me that the Sat T-60 will not be compatible with Tivo service by the end of the year. Anyone else hear that?

I love my Tivo's I like D* okay, I hate comcast. what's a old couch potato to do? sell all my equipment as my wife wants me to? Limp along with 1 tivo recording locals? (which may stop functioning by Dec 31) upgrade to the new tivo? Decisions, Decisions.

Glad to see the forum is still here, and just as informative and helpful as ever, got me out of a few jams in the past

also Litzdog911: Your signature says you have a Sat t-60 with 3.5b are you limping along? or did you upgrade and haven't updated your sig? just curious

Last edited by Celusil : 09-18-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Celusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #545
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celusil View Post
I have read this entire thread all 28 pages (some I skimmed) and it appears that I have limited options
You do have several options to get your locals back, although unfortunately getting the upgrade the standard way from DirecTV isn't one of them:
  1. Ditch the 3.5b T-60.
  2. Upgrade from 3.5b to 3.5d via the bash prompt if you have the new software in mfs (saving recordings)
  3. Restore a backup of your 3.5d T-60 to your 3.5b T-60 (losing recordings)
  4. Buy a 3.5d hard disk or upgrade service from Weaknees, DVR_DUDE, etc. (losing recordings)

I used option #2 to upgrade my DSR6000 from 3.5c to 3.5d a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celusil
He told me that the Sat T-60 will not be compatible with Tivo service by the end of the year. Anyone else hear that?
That's the first I've heard of it. Hopefully you were just speaking with a clueless CSR.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #546
ronsch

Quote:
He did say something informative that I didn't see in this thread. He told me that the Sat T-60 will not be compatible with Tivo service by the end of the year. Anyone else hear that?
So how about it Tivo employees who are monitoring the forums? Any truth to Series 1 DTivos hitting a hard end of life 12/31 or is this another Mayan calendar issue?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #547
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
So how about it Tivo employees who are monitoring the forums? Any truth to Series 1 DTivos hitting a hard end of life 12/31 or is this another Mayan calendar issue?
Unfortunately, once the handling of the TiVo sub moved from TiVo to DirecTV and the product became known as a "DirecTV DVR" the TiVo employees here took up the "contact DirecTV, it is their product" stance.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #548
ronsch

I posted to the attention of the Tivo folks because even with DirecTV officially responsible for it, the Tivo folks ought to know the real story or should certainly be able to find out easier than the average DTV customer.

I have also posed the question to DirecTV.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #549
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I doubt any TiVo folks are following this forum.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #550
ronsch

My question to Directv was answered with old tivos will continue to operate as before but our newer ones work so much better wouldn't you rather have one...
Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #551
Celusil

Quote:
My question to Directv was answered with old tivos will continue to operate as before but our newer ones work so much better wouldn't you rather have one...
I would love to have one, but I wouldn't love my monthly bill to go up another $20 per month (or more depending on content purchased)

what I would really love is for D* to update my ailing tivo to 3.5d
Old 09-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #552
nmiller855

But it is not true that the old TiVos will operate as before because before we were able to get all of our local channels.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #553
ronsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
But it is not true that the old TiVos will operate as before because before we were able to get all of our local channels.
And you still can if you are running 3.5d on Series 1 and 6.4a on Series 2.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #554
nmiller855

But in order to run 3.5d I would have to hack my unit rather than just having it download like all the other updates have done.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #555
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
But in order to run 3.5d I would have to hack my unit rather than just having it download like all the other updates have done.
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. You either live with what you have, get different equipment, or get 3.5d installed on your own since DirecTV has stopped providing software updates to the S1 units. I've helped several people get their S1 combo units upgraded to 3.5d, so DirecTV's lack of interest isn't shared by some customers at least.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #556
Celusil

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. You either live with what you have, get different equipment, or get 3.5d installed on your own since DirecTV has stopped providing software updates to the S1 units. I've helped several people get their S1 combo units upgraded to 3.5d, so DirecTV's lack of interest isn't shared by some customers at least.
I appreciate users like you helping others hack there machines.

I think what I will do is move or drop local season passes to my tivo that does work. then work through the recordings I have, watch what I want, Dump what I want to save. then send to weaknees to get the update and maybe a HD size upgrade at the same time. - that may take a while though

Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #557
nmiller855

That's what I did. I have one that has 6.4a on one nonupgraded unit & that's where I record all my local channels.
I will eventually send my original unit off for repair because it list the second tuner several years ago.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #558
Celusil

Miracle?

I came home from work last night and the tivo that was having problems rebooted. I looked at system information and I now have version 3.5d!

Local Channel 32 now shows up and works.
2, 5, 7 still show blank, but I'm hopeful that today they will come back.

if that doesn't work I guess the reset thumbs and season passes might worki?

anyone else get updated?

at any rate. If our rants here got D* to make the 3.5d version available again then thanks to all.

C
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #559
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
I came home from work last night and the tivo that was having problems rebooted. I looked at system information and I now have version 3.5d!
Wow, that's the first report of an "official" 3.5d update I've heard since the locals problem popped up a few months ago. Maybe DirecTV is listening after all...
Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #560
nmiller855

I hadn't checked mine for a while but did after I read that. I will start checking every once in a while & hope it shows up.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #561
Celusil

2, 5, 7 still out havent done the clear thumbs and season passes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #562
nmiller855

The latest thing that happened to me today was all of the shows I recorded from season passes disappeared today. The only things left are suggestions & shows recorded tonight. I was hoping that meant that 3.5d had shown up but it hadn't.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #563
Celusil

Quote:
The latest thing that happened to me today was all of the shows I recorded from season passes disappeared today. The only things left are suggestions & shows recorded tonight. I was hoping that meant that 3.5d had shown up but it hadn't.
You mean spontaneously disappear? Wow. Luckily that hasnot happened to me
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #564
nmiller855

Yes, I was looking for something to watch & the programs are just gone. I'm the only one with access to this unit. My dad has one in his room but it is a Hughes model so his remote cannot interact with my Sony
Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #565
Celusil

Quote:
I hadn't checked mine for a while but did after I read that. I will start checking every once in a while & hope it shows up.
I think I neglected to mention that when I called the D* tech he took my Tivo's ID number (access card, serial no. Whichever one shows up on the system info screen) he said he would look in to it and try to get something going. Maybe HE did. if so then I take all the bad things about D* techs I've ever thought or said

but since nmiller855 hasn't got an upgrade I'm thinking it's not universal and they did a download off my serial number?

just a thought.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #566
spiffy

I got 3.5D installed through the phone line onto my SAT-T60 just yesterday -- after almost FIVE MONTHS having no local channels -- but this afternoon, I got the Green Screen Of Death; five hours later, I'm now stuck on "Almost There, A Few More Seconds Please..."

Called D*, and they say I still have to pay if I want a replacement Tivo. I'm supremely pissed off.
spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #567
Celusil

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
I got 3.5D installed through the phone line onto my SAT-T60 just yesterday -- after almost FIVE MONTHS having no local channels -- but this afternoon, I got the Green Screen Of Death; five hours later, I'm now stuck on "Almost There, A Few More Seconds Please..."

Called D*, and they say I still have to pay if I want a replacement Tivo. I'm supremely pissed off.
wow, sorry to hear about that. do you think it's a Hard drive problem? or do you think it's directly related to the upgrade?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #568
nmiller855

spiffy, did you contact DirecTv before your download of 3.5d or did it just show up?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #569
spiffy

Quote:
wow, sorry to hear about that. do you think it's a Hard drive problem? or do you think it's directly related to the upgrade?
Whether it's due to the hard drive or the upgrade, don't you think it's a little suspicious that within 24 hours of getting the new software that the unit went out?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #570
spiffy

Quote:
spiffy, did you contact DirecTv before your download of 3.5d or did it just show up?
I did contact D* several months ago to ask about the loss of local channels; but tech support only told me to keep the phone line connected. 3.5d showed up sometimes on 9/24, I believe.