Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #61
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Well, they were in Japan.
US Secret Service probably doesn't have a lot of authority to just take stuff.
They have traveled to other countries before, I just can't remember them doing something like that. The make up and costuming and what happened to the girls that were going to work that gig (tied up in a closet?). Just seemed out of place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #62
aaronwt
HD Addict

I like Alphas better this season.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #63
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Warehouse 13 on 8/27/12 - worst episode evah! Everything that happened was so cliche and predictable we were sitting there saying "Really? really? did they just really do that?".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #64
cheesesteak
Meh.

Two characters sum up my opinion of these two shows:

Alphas' Gary - awesome to the nth degree + 6

W13's Pete - moronic buffoon

I'm not sure I'm liking the new girl on Alphas too much. I want to like her but she's too wisecrack-y. It's like the writers are trying too hard to make the show more appealing to more people this season.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #65
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I keep forgetting that Gary was the British squint who knew too much trivia on Bones. Which is a tribute to his acting chops.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #66
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I keep forgetting that Gary was the British squint who knew too much trivia on Bones. Which is a tribute to his acting chops.
The actor who plays Garry is British? I would never have guessed. Wow, he was on Mad Men too.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #67
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm not sure I'm liking the new girl on Alphas too much. I want to like her but she's too wisecrack-y. It's like the writers are trying too hard to make the show more appealing to more people this season.
Kat? Was she even on the 8/27 episode? It seemed like everyone made an appearance, including Danielle Rosen, Skylar, Stanton, Agent Clay, etc, except Kat. Or maybe I just missed her? I guess the producers wanted somebody younger on the team? They are making Rachel act pretty young.

Quote:
The actor who plays Garry is British? I would never have guessed. Wow, he was on Mad Men too.
If you didn't skip _all_ the commercials... It was either during last night's Alphas or W13 they had a segment with the actors talking about the show, and the actor who plays Gary (Ryan Cartwright) was one of 'em, as did the actress who plays Rachel (Azita Ghanizada).
justen_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #68
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Two characters sum up my opinion of these two shows:

Alphas' Gary - awesome to the nth degree + 6

W13's Pete - moronic buffoon

Gary is my favorite on Alphas and the actor is fantastic.

Pete is my favorite on W13 and if it wasn't for him, I might not be watching it. I watch it with a friend/neighbor and he sits there thru the episode making what he calls the "Myka" face. It's hysterical.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #69
danterner
Not it!

The thing I like best about Gary is that occasionally you can almost catch the actor laughing at his own performance. It happened a few episodes ago when he was naked in the office, saying "Yes. I call it my fruit." The camera cut away just as he started smirking.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #70
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Geishas and pregnancy on this week's "Warehouse 13"? I think the writers just have a long list of fetishes and are checking them off one by one.
This week: "growth." (Would have preferred more growing women, of course. )
Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #71
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I just watched "Endless Monsters." Somebody remind me, didn't H.G. and Mrs. Frederic die?

I must have missed their comebacks.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #72
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I just watched "Endless Monsters." Somebody remind me, didn't H.G. and Mrs. Frederic die?

I must have missed their comebacks.
They "never died" when Artie reset the timeline, which is what this season is really all about.

It was just a little out o fthe blue when H. G. just came up with the conclusion that Artie had used the Astrolabe. Also, he is just taking Data's (name?) word on the dire consequences of his telling someone about him using the astrolabe. His vision of Claudia killing hem didn't happen. Maybe Brother Data was lying.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #73
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Also, he is just taking Data's (name?) word on the dire consequences of his telling someone about him using the astrolabe. His vision of Claudia killing hem didn't happen. Maybe Brother Data was lying.
Yeah, but he's seen (hell, been in!) enough shows like this to know that you NEVER EVER TELL ANYBODY ANYTHING. Or the world will end. Or something.

I've always hated that trope...that the default mode for knowing anything out of the ordinary is to keep it a secret, when in fact the default mode for most people would be to tell everybody they know, to stop people on the street and tell them, and in fact to sell the story to as many media outlets as they can get to pay for it.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #74
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
They "never died" when Artie reset the timeline, which is what this season is really all about.

It was just a little out o fthe blue when H. G. just came up with the conclusion that Artie had used the Astrolabe. Also, he is just taking Data's (name?) word on the dire consequences of his telling someone about him using the astrolabe. His vision of Claudia killing hem didn't happen. Maybe Brother Data was lying.
Okay, that sounds vaguely familiar. I must not have been paying close attention when that happened.

Thanks.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #75
squint

Does it count as telling someone if they figure it out on their own?
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #76
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I am way behind in my Alpha viewing . I just now watched "Alphaville." So far, I'm liking it better than Warehouse 13 this year.

Will Skylar be coming back? The kid was great.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #77
Jonathan_S

Quote:

Of course 'Brother Data' has Harriet Tubman's thimble; so he can appear to be anyone he wants.

So if we assume Artie's vision is true then I'm thinking it's likely 'Data' doing "whatever he must" to stop Artie and undo the Astrolabe use.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #78
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Of course 'Brother Data' has Harriet Tubman's thimble; so he can appear to be anyone he wants.

So if we assume Artie's vision is true then I'm thinking it's likely 'Data' doing "whatever he must" to stop Artie and undo the Astrolabe use.
Oh, so you think that the "ORIGINAL" Claudia killing Artie (almost) was merely a red herring,and it will all happen again... (why do I have antoher show going through my mind right now?)

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #79
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
As Church pointed out, it was true all right...what Artie saw in the vision happened; he just misinterpreted it.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #80
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Will Skylar be coming back? The kid was great.
Spoiler:
yes, but the episode was less than filling

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #81
bandguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbhimself View Post
anyone else watching these shows? i was a little disappointed in warehouse 13, the effects were pretty rough and it seemed to me like the actors have lost interest in the show. alphas came out of the gate much stronger and i'm looking forward to where the show goes.
This show was pretty cool at first. Looked kinda hokey though. I kinda expected more to be honest
bandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #82
cheesesteak
Meh.

In this week's episode of Warehouse 13 - "Endless Wonder" - Danielle Nicolet is the actress who played Deb. All I can say is Dayum!, I want one of them for Christmas.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #83
Church AV Guy

I guess that Artie just decided to throw away the "don't tell anyone or it will be very bad" advice.

Is the instruction given to HG, that she take the astrolabe and get lost, telling no one where she is going, simply a way of more-or-less writing her out of the show? I can take her or leave her, but my wife likes her a lot.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #84
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Is the instruction given to HG, that she take the astrolabe and get lost, telling no one where she is going, simply a way of more-or-less writing her out of the show? I can take her or leave her, but my wife likes her a lot.
No, I'm sure she'll be back.

The character and the actress are apparently "popular" enough that, a while back, there was talk of developing an H.G. Wells-centered spinoff, but I haven't heard anything about that recently.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #85
Church AV Guy

Quote:
I guess that Artie just decided to throw away the "don't tell anyone or it will be very bad" advice.

Quote:

The character and the actress are apparently "popular" enough that, a while back, there was talk of developing an H.G. Wells-centered spinoff, but I haven't heard anything about that recently.
I THOUGHT she was a very popular character, but that instruction by Mrs. Fredrick made me feel like they were writing her out of the show. That's why I asked. I too expect her to be back.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #86
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I THOUGHT she was a very popular character, but that instruction by Mrs. Fredrick made me feel like they were writing her out of the show. That's why I asked. I too expect her to be back.
From the look on her face, I wondered if they're planning to return her to villain status...
Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #87
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
For a moment I thought that HG was really Data using the thimble and that he now had the astrolabe.

But if I understand correctly, stealing the astrolabe does Data no good, only Artie can undo what he did. At best, all Data can do is use it for another 24-hour reboot.

Quote:

Yeah, there was an episode last season that was mostly flashback with HG in London, working for Warehouse 12. I always assumed that episode was meant to be a backdoor-pilot for an HG spinoff, which I assumed would be called "Warehouse 12".

I guess nothing came of that.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #88
TonyD79

My only problem right now is why would anyone want to turn things back. The world was ending. What could be worse than that?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #89
Church AV Guy

Quote:
I guess nothing came of that.
It still could. You never know. She HAS been busy according to her IMDB page.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #90
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
My only problem right now is why would anyone want to turn things back. The world was ending. What could be worse than that?