TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Donald Glover (Community) to star in pilot

Donald Glover is developing a pilot (soon to be a put pilot) for NBC. This isn't a very good sign for Community. I realize we are guaranteed a 4th season but NBC isn't giving me any confidence we will ever see a 6th.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainme...ew-3860402.php
Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
busyba
The Funcooker

Maybe they'll just kill off Troy.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
doom1701
I blue myself!

I thought that they had confirmed the 4th season of Community would be the last? Seems to make sense--let them graduate and let the show end.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
cmontyburns
Excellent.

No, that's not confirmed or even hinted at by NBC. Suspected by most, sure, but no comments to that effect from NBC.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
whitson77
Director Level

Is Chevy back? I would imagine they want him off the show ASAP.

ETA: Nevermind, just read that he is returning.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1701 View Post
I thought that they had confirmed the 4th season of Community would be the last? Seems to make sense--let them graduate and let the show end.
You're confusing Community with 30 Rock and The Office, both of which have announced in advance that the upcoming season will be their last. There has been no word on Community other than it has been renewed for this season.

Now, since it's perpetually on the edge of being cancelled/not coming back, it's a reasonable assumption.

The above-linked article states that Glover's deal places his pilot in 2nd position to his Community role, so as long as Community is on the air, he can only do the pilot show with the approval of Sony (who produces Community) and NBC.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:57 AM   #7
getreal
postcrastinator

If Alison Brie can handle "Mad Men" and "Community", and Joel McHale can handle "Community" and "The Soup", why wouldn't Donald Glover be expected to be able to handle more than one project at a time?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
If Alison Brie can handle "Mad Men" and "Community", and Joel McHale can handle "Community" and "The Soup", why wouldn't Donald Glover be expected to be able to handle more than one project at a time?
Doing a network show and a cable show is very different than doing two network shows. Has anyone ever done two sitcoms full time on the same network? I can't think of anyone.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Doing a network show and a cable show is very different than doing two network shows. Has anyone ever done two sitcoms full time on the same network? I can't think of anyone.
Lisa Kudrow played Ursula the waitress in "Mad About You" and then played both Phoebe and Ursula on "Friends" on the same network.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Lisa Kudrow played Ursula the waitress in "Mad About You" and then played both Phoebe and Ursula on "Friends" on the same network.
But Ursula was a *very* minor part on MAY, and she would only appear in a handful of episodes each season. Obviously Phoebe was a lead, but there's no way that she could play a lead on 2 different shows.

Same with Alison Brie - Trudy only appears in a handful of Mad Men eps, but Annie is one the leads on Community. She couldn't do both if her Mad Men responsibilities were greater.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
cherry ghost

Not sitcoms, but wasn't Heather Locklear on T.J. Hooker and Dynasty at the same time?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote