TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
dcrowell77

Browsing for Movies - lost feature?

On my TiVoHD, I could go to Find Programs > Movies > [Genre] and in the alpha-entry page, type "0" (zero). This would bring up an alphabetical list of all movies coming in the next two weeks on all channels. Even if no movie starts with "0", is shows the entire list. I would browse through the list and record the ones that interested me. I know I can create a bunch of Wishlists but those are problematic because they sort by showtime so the same movie will be listed a dozen times and I have to scroll through a lot of output.

Any suggestions?

Note - I did do a little searching and found some related posts but they never really got resolved. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=453659 is the exact problem but it seemed to switch focus into eliminating non-broadcast movies from the results. Post http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=485528 is also similar.
dcrowell77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
beejay

I'm pretty sure that is lost function on Series 4.

I have kept a Series 2 going so I can do that since I want a relatively easy way to go down that list looking for 3* movies I haven't seen.

(Yes, I know there is a "pretty" interface that would show me 3* movies...but it isn't nearly as useful if I'm trying to go through the entire list.)
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

I believe it's a lost feature too. The closest I could get to replicating it is going into Search and then pressing the A button to go into Search options. By selecting alphabetical & movies, it spits out results starting with the letter A when I entered 'A' into search. But then you have to go back and change the A to B, to C, and so on... And it's very slow since it requires an internet connection now.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
jasew

I have also wished for a way to browse a list of all movies.

Part of my problem is even if you go through all the categories (Comedies, Sci-Fi, etc), you still do not necessarily see all the movies. Sometimes I will find movies in the guide that do not display in any of the category browse options.

My other problem, I understand how categories are useful for cable users. But I'm OTA. So there really aren't that many total movies within a given two week window. So I would just prefer to see a list of all movies rather than broken down by category.
jasew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
innocentfreak

Doesn't it show up under collections and showcases now? I know there are multiple movie options there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
jasew

That's what I was referring to - the collections. There's no collection that shows all the movies in one view. And the cumulative results of all the collections do not necessarily show all the movies available.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
mattack

Can't you do a category only Wishlist?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Can't you do a category only Wishlist?
I think it's been mentioned before one of the problems with that is if the same movie is playing 50 times then it is listed 50 times in the "upcoming" page, so you have to wade through a whole bunch of repeated entries. Plus the sorting is only by date.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
jasew

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I think it's been mentioned before one of the problems with that is if the same movie is playing 50 times then it is listed 50 times in the "upcoming" page, so you have to wade through a whole bunch of repeated entries. Plus the sorting is only by date.
Also when you look at a wishlist, there is no program information. You have to go in deeper to see a description. wishlists are good for finding things you're looking for, but not so good for trying to discover or browse programs.