TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #571
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 27,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrobinsonjr View Post
You all are missing a big part of what Danielle is doing with her 'anger' at Ian.

She is acting angry with Ian at Dan's urging. They are trying to get Ian to throw the final comp to Dan. This relies on him believing Danielle's sentiment that she'll poison the jury (or can) if he is the one to boot her, AND Ian falls for Dan's continuous "I trust you. Do you trust me?" B.S

I think Ian is OK with 50K though and does feel like he's being bullied. So I don't know that Dan's strategy will work. If Dan wants to go to the final two with Dani, he has to win the final comp....BUT I think he is actually going to be the one to throw it.
I think you are wrong.

Dan does not want to win the final HOH. He wants Ian to win, but he wants to guarantee that Ian will take him. Getting Dani to fight with Ian will seal her fate. Dan doesn't want to be the one to make the pick because he will lose Dani's vote if he doesn't take her. There is NO WAY Dan can beat Dani in the final 2. Against Ian, he MAY have a slim chance. This way Dan gets what he wants without getting his hands dirty with Dani (and looking worse to the rest of the jury for not taking the person who helped him get there)

This is all about getting Dan to the final 2 sitting next to the person he thinks he has the better chance to beat...
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #572
rrrobinsonjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I think you are wrong.

Dan does not want to win the final HOH. He wants Ian to win, but he wants to guarantee that Ian will take him. Getting Dani to fight with Ian will seal her fate. Dan doesn't want to be the one to make the pick because he will lose Dani's vote if he doesn't take her. There is NO WAY Dan can beat Dani in the final 2. Against Ian, he MAY have a slim chance. This way Dan gets what he wants without getting his hands dirty with Dani (and looking worse to the rest of the jury for not taking the person who helped him get there)

This is all about getting Dan to the final 2 sitting next to the person he thinks he has the better chance to beat...
You are likely correct that Dan doesn't believe the plan will work (he clearly plans to throw the final comp)...My point really was that it was his idea for her to threaten Ian and why she thinks she is doing it.
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #573
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus
 
Jstkiddn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
The last evictee pretty much leaves the house and goes to vote, IIRC. No time to poison the jury, right?
As I understand, this is correct. The jury already has done it's deliberations by the time the last person arrives. Ian and Dan probably realize this, but I'm betting Dani does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Last night's broadcast was lame. bleh
Ditto!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #574
dimented
Comfortably Numb
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere between Scarlet and Gray
Posts: 11,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I think you are wrong.

Dan does not want to win the final HOH. He wants Ian to win, but he wants to guarantee that Ian will take him. Getting Dani to fight with Ian will seal her fate. Dan doesn't want to be the one to make the pick because he will lose Dani's vote if he doesn't take her. There is NO WAY Dan can beat Dani in the final 2. Against Ian, he MAY have a slim chance. This way Dan gets what he wants without getting his hands dirty with Dani (and looking worse to the rest of the jury for not taking the person who helped him get there)

This is all about getting Dan to the final 2 sitting next to the person he thinks he has the better chance to beat...
I disagree. I think Dan against Ian results in either winning, but I don't see Dani beating Either of them. She has done nothing all summer. Ian has played a good and mostly honest game.
__________________
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
dimented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #575
EscapeGoat
wPod
 
EscapeGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
The CBS broadcast was a total snooze tonight. Literally nothing happened.
Last night's show was the equivalent of the Survivor torch walk, in which the final contestants awkwardly remember their fellow players in order to introduce crappy video montages.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #576
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus
 
Jstkiddn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,046
Was I the only one that forgot the names of a few of those people?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #577
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 27,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
I disagree. I think Dan against Ian results in either winning, but I don't see Dani beating Either of them. She has done nothing all summer. Ian has played a good and mostly honest game.
She played a good social game. People like her. She would beat either one of them. She has the votes in either scenario.

Explain who would vote for either Dan or Ian against her and why - show me!
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #578
Tracy
Truly
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 2,425
I just turned on BB After Dark on Showtime from last night. Danielle has been sitting with Ian berating him for a half hour straight. She is so obnoxious.

After Ian won the second part of the HOH, apparently Dan jumped around all happy and celebrated, revealing his partnership with Ian. Ian was pissed at Dan for behaving that way. Dan says it was a mistake, but there is no way that is true. Dan did it on purpose to get Danielle mad at Ian. Somehow Daniel had the idea that Ian would take her to the final two.

Anyway, she has been going on and on about how terrible Ian is if he doesn't take her to the final two. She seems so stuck-up and entitled. Ian is mostly just sitting and being quiet. I have never disliked Danielle more.
__________________
What's your damage, Heather?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #579
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus
 
Jstkiddn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I just turned on BB After Dark on Showtime from last night. Danielle has been sitting with Ian berating him for a half hour straight. She is so obnoxious.

After Ian won the second part of the HOH, apparently Dan jumped around all happy and celebrated, revealing his partnership with Ian. Ian was pissed at Dan for behaving that way. Dan says it was a mistake, but there is no way that is true. Dan did it on purpose to get Danielle mad at Ian. Somehow Daniel had the idea that Ian would take her to the final two.

Anyway, she has been going on and on about how terrible Ian is if he doesn't take her to the final two. She seems so stuck-up and entitled. Ian is mostly just sitting and being quiet. I have never disliked Danielle more.
Question: Is Danielle fighting with Ian because she really means it or is she fighting with him because Dan misted her into doing so? I've read a couple of things elsewhere that has led me to believe that Dan is behind this newest fight.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #580
dimented
Comfortably Numb
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere between Scarlet and Gray
Posts: 11,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
She played a good social game. People like her. She would beat either one of them. She has the votes in either scenario.

Explain who would vote for either Dan or Ian against her and why - show me!
You are probably right. I am basing my argument on who should win base don game play, not who the jury will vote to win because they rarely vote for the best player.
__________________
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
dimented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #581
Tracy
Truly
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 2,425
I don't know. It wasn't obvious from just watching After Dark. Ian and Dan were together in a bedroom and then Dan got called into the Diary Room and Ian joined Danielle in the back yard.

I'm not sure I get why Dan would want to get Danielle to do this. She is placing incredible pressure on Ian, trying to convince him that he won't win against Dan particularly because she will sway the jury against him. She is also making him feel terrible. It is hard to know what is going on in his head--whether he is being swayed or whether he just wants to get her mouth out of the house.
__________________
What's your damage, Heather?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #582
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 27,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I don't know. It wasn't obvious from just watching After Dark. Ian and Dan were together in a bedroom and then Dan got called into the Diary Room and Ian joined Danielle in the back yard.

I'm not sure I get why Dan would want to get Danielle to do this. She is placing incredible pressure on Ian, trying to convince him that he won't win against Dan particularly because she will sway the jury against him. She is also making him feel terrible. It is hard to know what is going on in his head--whether he is being swayed or whether he just wants to get her mouth out of the house.
Dan wants to insure that Ian picks him, not Dani, when he throws the final HOH competition.

He HAS to throw it. If he wins, and doesn't take Dani, he loses her vote. He has a slim chance in hell of winning against Ian as it is. He has NO chance of winning against Dani.
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #583
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Dan wants to insure that Ian picks him, not Dani, when he throws the final HOH competition.

He HAS to throw it. If he wins, and doesn't take Dani, he loses her vote. He has a slim chance in hell of winning against Ian as it is. He has NO chance of winning against Dani.
At this point....I think Dan could vote out Dani and tell her to still vote for him, and she would. LOL
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #584
JFriday
"Just The Facts"
 
JFriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,107
I think the only thing Dan has going for him is Brittney. She seemed like she could be the one to sway people and make them realize it's a game and the best player should win.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #585
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I think the only thing Dan has going for him is Brittney. She seemed like she could be the one to sway people and make them realize it's a game and the best player should win.
Totally agree. Brittney can certainly help him out in the jury house.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #586
bareyb
Under Maintenance
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 22,239
TC CLUB MEMBER
Based on what was said in the house we already know most of these people saw the Survivor season with Russell Hantz. They know about the "social game" and how important that can be to get a win. I'm wondering just how this is going to play out for Dan. I wonder if Dan may just have a bit too much blood on his hands at this point? I think Ian has a very good shot at winning if he plays his cards right with the jury. Never under estimate the fact that Dan has already won too. Jurors often use that as an excuse to vote for the other person.

Having said all that, I do think Dan probably played the best GAME. I just think he may have gone overboard and not taken the social game into enough account. I'd be happy with either Dan or Ian, but I'm secretly hoping Ian gets it. He may not have played as good a game as Dan, but he definitely played the better social game.
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human error
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #587
JFriday
"Just The Facts"
 
JFriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,107
But Russell was a bully, Dan uses mist. Different games.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #588
bareyb
Under Maintenance
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 22,239
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
But Russell was a bully, Dan uses mist. Different games.
Oh no doubt. If anyone can charm their way out of a mess, it's Dan. Just throwing out ideas. He does have a lot of blood on his hands...
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human error
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #589
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 6,214
Dan was able to mist his way to the Final 3. I see one last mist coming the jury's way to win them all over. After all, when they ask him questions, he can ignore the actual question and give one of his speeches that seems to really win them over.
__________________
Nothing Can Kill The Grimace
Frylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #590
bareyb
Under Maintenance
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 22,239
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Dan was able to mist his way to the Final 3. I see one last mist coming the jury's way to win them all over. After all, when they ask him questions, he can ignore the actual question and give one of his speeches that seems to really win them over.
Hey, if he can manage to pull that off he deserves the win. In fact, I may go so far as to say he deserves the title "best player ever".
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human error
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |