TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
chiguy50

Spring Update Fixes Real Time and Elapsed Time Display

I just got the software update and found that my suggestion was implemented to fix a pet peeve I had with the Series4: Turning on the real time and elapsed time counters (select - play - select - 9 - select) resulted in a display in tiny print in the very center of the screen. I mentioned this glitch back in March to one of the CS supervisors who happens to sit on the software update committee and he said he would bring it up in their next session. The problem undoubtedly had to do with writing the appropriate code for the HD displays so that the type size and location would display properly in this format.

If my experience is typical, you still have to select the SD display format in order be able to enter the code to turn on the real time and elapsed time displays. But now, once you've turned them on, you can go back and reselect the HD display and VOILA! you've got a usable time display in the top right corner of your screen.

I preferred the old location at the bottom right. But I won't quibble. I'm just happy to have my temporal reminders back! Thank you, TiVo, for listening
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
I just got the software update and found that my suggestion was implemented to fix a pet peeve I had with the Series4: Turning on the real time and elapsed time counters (select - play - select - 9 - select) resulted in a display in tiny print in the very center of the screen. I mentioned this glitch back in March to one of the CS supervisors who happens to sit on the software update committee and he said he would bring it up in their next session. The problem undoubtedly had to do with writing the appropriate code for the HD displays so that the type size and location would display properly in this format.

If my experience is typical, you still have to select the SD display format in order be able to enter the code to turn on the real time and elapsed time displays. But now, once you've turned them on, you can go back and reselect the HD display and VOILA! you've got a usable time display in the top right corner of your screen.

I preferred the old location at the bottom right. But I won't quibble. I'm just happy to have my temporal reminders back! Thank you, TiVo, for listening
This is already covered in the notes by TiVo on this release, OH!! you can set the clock from the HDUI S+S+P+S+9+S (an extra select from the SD way).

Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
This is already covered in the notes by TiVo on this release, OH!! you can set the clock from the HDUI S+S+P+S+9+S (an extra select from the SD way).
Thanks for the tip; I missed the notes.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Sylvia Caras

turn off this display?

I was exploring some of the 'tricks' and enabled this. How do I turn it off? (I'm using the HD interface.)

(I was really trying to adjust the 30 second skip.)

Sylvia
Sylvia Caras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Caras View Post
I was exploring some of the 'tricks' and enabled this. How do I turn it off? (I'm using the HD interface.)

(I was really trying to adjust the 30 second skip.)

Sylvia
It's a toggle command; i.e., each time you enter S+S+P+S+9+S it will toggle on/off.