TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #211
stellie93

It struck me that Wrigley Field was more decrepit than I would expect a building like that to be if it sat untouched for 15 years, which I think was the timetable. Not that I expected anyone to be fixing it up--just that I didn't realize that much maintenance was required. I haven't done much to the outside of my house in the last 15 years, but it doesn't look THAT bad.....does it? Maybe I should take a closer look.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #212
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
It struck me that Wrigley Field was more decrepit than I would expect a building like that to be if it sat untouched for 15 years, which I think was the timetable. Not that I expected anyone to be fixing it up--just that I didn't realize that much maintenance was required. I haven't done much to the outside of my house in the last 15 years, but it doesn't look THAT bad.....does it? Maybe I should take a closer look.
It doesn't take very long for nature to take over. There was some show on that depicted what would happen to structures and cities without man around. And much of the data was extrapolated from populated areas that for one reason or another are now ghost towns. It didn't take very long for nature to start reclaiming everything. Since man has to constantly do maintenance to prevent nature from encroaching on everything.

Sent from my HTC ReZound using Forum Runner
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #213
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious why the landscaping was so bad but it's probably considered racist.
Oh, yeah. I didn't notice. The disaster removed all of the electricity and all of them.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 09-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #214
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It doesn't take very long for nature to take over. There was some show on that depicted what would happen to structures and cities without man around. And much of the data was extrapolated from populated areas that for one reason or another are now ghost towns. It didn't take very long for nature to start reclaiming everything. Since man has to constantly do maintenance to prevent nature from encroaching on everything.

I'm thinking about some abandoned buildings I have seen that have been vacant for 10-15 years and none of them look like that. I suppose some amount of landscaping could be done on these buildings and I just didn't know it but I have never seen buildings look that bad.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #215
WhiskeyTango

The ivy in Wrigley Field would take off and consume the building without proper maintenance making it more overgrown than other structures. The pics below are from a Japanese mining island abandoned in 2001.

WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #216
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Heck, it doesn't take long for nature to take over my mom's neighbor's yard!

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote