5,000 to 10,000 13 17.57%
10,000 to 15,000 9 12.16%
> 15,000 19 25.68%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #61
aaronwt
HD Addict

Can I change my vote? I originally voted 5K to 10K. But with all these DOA units I would pick greater than 15K now.

As soon as they add Android support I'll be getting one. Unless a Best Buy 10% off coupon shows up soon. Then I'll go ahead and get it prior to the Android support.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #62
DaveMachin

Watched a bunch of shows from the hammock in the back yard yesterday while the wife was watching her shows on the regular TV. Worked flawlessly, even with a WiFi connected TiVo. I think the stream has made the iPad app a real killer app - finally it does what I thought it should have done from the beginning.

I do wish that if I paused the show on the iPad, that it would update the TiVo's show's pause point to match. That way when I came back inside I could continue watching from where I stopped on the iPad.
DaveMachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #63
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post

Sometime it's more convenient to use an iPad. Like in my case my wife wont allow me to put a full size TV in the bedroom because it's too loud and bright. But she's fine with me using my iPad on my night stand. In that case it's only like a foot from my face so the video quality looks just fine. It's also nice to watch a movie while you're on a plane or in a hotel room with a ****ty CRT TV.

Dan
Just getting to this thread and you remind me of my aunt/uncle in California. She won't let him have a TV in the bedroom either. He uses his iPad there accessing my Vulkano in Colorado every night using a BT headset and complains when it needs resetting every few months. (I don't know why he doesn't just get his own place shifting box.)

Right now, I'm debating on getting one of these devices. It would mean either getting another Premiere or moving TiVos and other equipment around the house.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Right now, I'm debating on getting one of these devices. It would mean either getting another Premiere or moving TiVos and other equipment around the house.
Why? It's just networking. Connect the Stream anywhere on the network and it will work. Even if your TiVo is connected via Wifi it should still work well enough to support 1 stream.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Why? It's just networking. Connect the Stream anywhere on the network and it will work. Even if your TiVo is connected via Wifi it should still work well enough to support 1 stream.

Dan
My family room Tivo HD doesn't have a place-shifting device attached but has the recordings I'd like to access remotely. The Stream would be cool because of how it doesn't interfere with what is being watched on the family room TV.

Although my Vulkano is connected to the same TV as the HD, it is not connected to it at all. It is attached to the "free" Comcast SD cable box for the rare times we want OnDemand content (albeit SD) in the family room by switching inputs and remotely accessing content not available online.

My bedroom Premiere has a Slingbox attached to it and I can access everything (including protected stuff) anywhere in the world. No one cares if I take control of what is being watched on that TV so a Stream isn't needed there.

So, to use a Stream, I'd need to swap the Tivos and other devices from one room to another or upgrade the HD and lose all of the protected recordings on it. (A First World problem.)
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #66
Dan203
Super Moderator

I see

I don't think you lose anything when you upgrade if you image the old drive to the new one first.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote